Poll

Should the gen cap be removed?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Remove the gen bonus cap.  (Read 2491 times)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
Re: Remove the gen bonus cap.
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 07:55:29 pm »
+1
op is viewing this from a selfcentered point of view and is making very weak arguments to backup his suggestion :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xxAcexx

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ace
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 08:02:49 pm »
+1
The only way the bonus would really show it if you're gen 30 or higher in which at that point the person already has the all the loom he needs

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »
op is viewing this from a selfcentered point of view and is making very weak arguments to backup his suggestion :rolleyes:

This coming from the guy who is both low gen and level 35.  :rolleyes:

I know huesby and ToD don't retire anymore either, and wouldn't be suprised that most of the players who are against this are in the same boat. Except for Malclops who is high level and supported it.

There is a reason that most players don't retire anymore, and for most players it is that being a high level has a higher benefit then more looms.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 09:03:06 pm »
+1
Right, because having more looms then you can even equip puts you at such a huuuge advantage. I am a high gen, and I continue to retire because I get bored of doing the same thing and like to play different classes/builds.

But I'm sure you disagree and think that I am at a huge advantage with my secondary/tertiary items/armors loomed, or the +3 blue hood I just loomed up. Certainly way more then if I just stopped retiring and was lvl 35 24/21 2h hero with a loomed kuyak, heavy gauntlets, sword.

No because new players have a rough time getting even one loom. Most people here played before the exp nerf/early retirement patch when you could retire at 15, getting you loads of gens easily. Ofcourse they were lessened by the patch that removed 1/3rd looms or w/e it was, but its still a big advantage.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:21 pm »
No because new players have a rough time getting even one loom. Most people here played before the exp nerf/early retirement patch when you could retire at 15, getting you loads of gens easily. Ofcourse they were lessened by the patch that removed 1/3rd looms or w/e it was, but its still a big advantage.

I didn't. When they did the loom respec and everyone lost 1/3 of their gens I was gen 2 or 3 I think.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 12:20:27 am »
+1
Your mom's easier and faster than she was in the old days

/gottem
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:10 am »
Dunno what the hell you people are doing but I spent more than 400 hours on this god damn game and I aint more than gen 4 on one char... and gen 2 on my alts. I do not have fully loomed gear anywhere!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 02:10:11 am »
Couple of ideas:

1.) Remove the cap, keep XP gain/gen the same, set a new hard cap value. At 30 xp per gen it would take quite some time to reach exploitable levels as before.

2.) Keep the cap as is, buff XP gain/gen to previous levels (100 per gen, cap at same gen as now).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 02:15:41 am »
+1
Think you should just do what my suggestion says, allow the multiplier to be stacked on all chars on your account. That way people can go play their alts or whatever when they are tired of their mains.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:44 am »
When the game first got changed to have the multi system, I was playing and in IRC at the time.  chadz asked "How does the new leveling feel?"

I was the first to reply, and said "too fast."  chadz said he then lowered xp by 1/3 and i said "great!>"

That was probably one of the worst trolls I've done.  Sorry cRPG.  Raise all xp by 1/3 for all characters permanently please.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 05:06:12 am »
+2
I was the first to reply, and said "too fast."  chadz said he then lowered xp by 1/3 and i said "great!>"

That was probably one of the worst trolls I've done.  Sorry cRPG.  Raise all xp by 1/3 for all characters permanently please.

Wat...

So according to this, the experience gain was originally base 1500 per tick, and now you want experience to be base 1300 per tick... Why?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 05:36:15 am »
+2
Smoothrich isn't very good at math, try not to hold it against him.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 06:08:37 am »

Wat...

So according to this, the experience gain was originally base 1500 per tick, and now you want experience to be base 1300 per tick... Why?

He reduced XP gain by a third or something to that effect, not sure if that was true but that convo happened.  So it should be higher either way, the base XP gain.  Is that not communicated?  Yeah I'm not a math guy but the point stands.. a buff to xp for all gens and all players would be rather nice, instead of just new players, just high gens, or things like that.  XP is just a grind in the way of "fun" and most people don't play the game for grinding anymore and in fact leave because of it.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 06:33:49 am »
Always thought putting a cap on Gen Bonus while simultaneously lowering the bonus itself was pretty extreme. One or the other should have been tested.

This. I hated the fact that I lost my 100 xp per gen then a slap in the face with it being capped as well. Not like I was gen 16 at the time nor am I still (gen 15 so almost I suppose).

One or the other should have been done not both.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:08 am »
I didn't. When they did the loom respec and everyone lost 1/3 of their gens I was gen 2 or 3 I think.

Yes but after that the exp gain was crazy high, 100 something per gen? So even with just a few gens back then it still gave a huge advantage.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA