Author Topic: Horse Xbowmen just shot me for half my hp  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Horse Xbowmen just shot me for half my hp
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:19:23 pm »
Locked_KD . Was on my right side when he shot at me,   i was going medium speed .

So um....... WHAT ???

(click to show/hide)

65 body armor, 2 IF , 21 str.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:35:18 pm by Ujin »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Horse Xbowmen just shot me for half my hp
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:27 pm »
Get a shield noob

Seriously though, the shields on backs blocking arrows, while it seemed as a decent idea at first, is fucking horrible, now we have horsecrossbowmen who just ride away from whatever they're shooting at surviving 4 throwing lances to the back due to shields making them invincible.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »
Get a shield noob

Seriously though, the shields on backs blocking arrows, while it seemed as a decent idea at first, is fucking horrible, now we have horsecrossbowmen who just ride away from whatever they're shooting at surviving 4 throwing lances to the back due to shields making them invincible.
This isn't related to my question about the damage he did, but thanks for posting i guess.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:13:35 pm »
light crossbow has 46 pierce damage+ little damage from bolts. I see nothing impossible.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »
+1
i think bigger problem is ridiculous ability of pike/spear to stop horse with poke from almsot 90° angle. Or stoping horse without hit, you know that moment when your horse gets toped by hoplite who started hit 0.0000001 second befor you would have bumped him.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 02:37:28 pm »
light crossbow has 46 pierce damage+ little damage from bolts. I see nothing impossible.
which is ridiculous cause you can always sheathe that xbow and switch to 1h cav easily

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »
I'm assuming this was on EU 1.

Now that mounted ranged get the speed bonus from their own horse, they can do a lot of damage. I was chased by an HA and riding away from him, me riding slightly faster than him, and he killed me in 3 arrows. 52 body armour.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 02:41:49 pm »
+4
i think bigger problem is ridiculous ability of pike/spear to stop horse with poke from almsot 90° angle. Or stoping horse without hit, you know that moment when your horse gets toped by hoplite who started hit 0.0000001 second befor you would have bumped him.

Horses jumping over pikes, shields sucking up the hit when you poke the horse in the face. I can go on... :wink:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:07:31 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »
+5
Ok, when both shooter and victim where next to each other I suppose there was no speed bonus. Further assuming a body hit with a x1 multiplier. I think masterwork light xbow and steel bolts have a combined damage of (44+8 + 6+2 =) 60p.

So it's 60p versus 65 body armor. That should give a minimum damage of 8, an average damage of 19 and a maximum damage of 32. With your 60(?) hp a high damage roll will take half of the bar. On the other hand if you get lucky it can also be a grazing hit. Blame TW armor randomisation. (assuming cmp didn't change it)

In short, you got unlucky and got a bad armor dice roll.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 04:40:15 pm »
+3
^allow me to interpret:

"snake eyes, bitch!"
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »
This isn't related to my question about the damage he did, but thanks for posting i guess.
You're welcome.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »
+4
Try coming to NA once in a while, then you can complain about mounted crossbowmen.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 06:38:51 pm »
To back up on what Oohil said... There was 6 on the enemy team alone last night. Not including our own 3. More often than not it comes to one of them being the last ones alive because they have shot all the opposing cavalry down and bump shot all the archers and crossbows.

I give props to a few of them though, they are damn good at what they do, much to my dismay  :(

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
To back up on what Oohil said... There was 6 on the enemy team alone last night. Not including our own 3. More often than not it comes to one of them Rohypnol being the last ones alive because they have shot all the opposing cavalry down and bump shot all the archers and crossbows.

I give props to a few of them though, they are damn good at what they do, much to my dismay  :(

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 06:49:11 pm »
+2
Yeah, I usually just quit or go to siege when more than 4 or so HX get on one team. It's simply not fun. Although the arrow weight change for archers wasn't well-received by many, at least it put a stop to endlessly kiting archers, for the most part. An HX (even worse when it's a dedicated HX with no sidearm, and +3 horse, xbow, and bolts) is more than able to deal rather high amounts of damage without being in much danger of receiving any.

Of course skilled and coordinated ranged would put a stop to this, but most battle-monkeys refuse to focus cavalry at all, much less HX/HA.

HX doesn't really seem to be an issue until the crossbowmen is astride an arabian, god forbid a +3 arabian.

shitsux.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?