Author Topic: Horse Xbowmen just shot me for half my hp  (Read 1077 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Horse Xbowmen just shot me for half my hp
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »
Yeah, I usually just quit or go to siege when more than 4 or so HX get on one team. It's simply not fun.

I'm sure you will be pleased to know that ChinaserfXand Y just joined the semenstorm ladder...

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 07:08:34 pm »
+4
Of course skilled and coordinated ranged would put a stop to this, but most battle-monkeys refuse to focus cavalry at all, much less HX/HA.

Speaking from experience, it's very hard to hit a competently dodging HX/HA as an archer.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:20 pm »
The thing is most aren't worth spending a lot of time on, because they either will find a way to kill themselves off, or they won't be accurate/damaging enough to care about.

For the few exceptions to that rule, focused ranged attention will help solve the problem.  Too bad there are often so many other juicy targets that occupy archers, which is usually why the HX make it to the end.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 07:25:41 pm »
Yeah, I usually just quit or go to siege when more than 4 or so HX get on one team. It's simply not fun.

I don't mind them in NA-1 as much.  Although, once one joins the NA-Community server I quit.  It is a bit silly for smaller games.

I was going to blame abortion, but then I laughed.

So pertaining to what the post is about:  I have had many situations like this myself.  (Being one shot by an archer body shot)  Yadda yadda, makes you yell at your cat and kick a puppy.  Although, in the end.  It's not that big of a deal.  Archers are annoying and always will be, although I do not think they are Overpowered at all.  (Unless on a heavy mount)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:30:48 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »
I've taken a +3 Steel Bolt to the face from a +3 Arbalest at point blank range, and lost 20% of my HP. It was raining, and I think the glitchy hitbox registered it as a torso hit also.

Random number generator can be a b!tch, but works both ways. You probably don't come to forums and rage when a Flamberge hits you for 2 dmg.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 07:44:27 pm »
Speaking from experience, it's very hard to hit a competently dodging HX/HA as an archer.

Oh, you're absolutely correct. However, when you have 3-4 ranged shooting at a single mounted ranged, one of you is bound to take him down.

When I say that ranged should focus them, I do not mean a single ranged player, but all of them.

Mounted cavalry does not seem to be a big issue in EU due to the large proportion of ranged footmen there. In NA we are populated by two-handers and melee cavalry mostly, it seems. Not the best for killing ranged cavalry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »
+1
Oh, you're absolutely correct. However, when you have 3-4 ranged shooting at a single mounted ranged, one of you is bound to take him down.

When I say that ranged should focus them, I do not mean a single ranged player, but all of them.

They're still more likely to just chase him away rather than killing him. Unless the HX has no place to run and no room to maneuver. And while they are distracted, they are prime targets for enemy ranged. And HX usually sneaks up on the ranged. Frontal attacks attract a lot of ranged attention, so the wise HX attacks so that as few as possible ranged are even aware of being shot at.

Mounted cavalry does not seem to be a big issue in EU due to the large proportion of ranged footmen there. In NA we are populated by two-handers and melee cavalry mostly, it seems. Not the best for killing ranged cavalry.

True. But we really don't have dedicated HX. Good HAs can be and are occasionally very disruptive on the EU side as well.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »
I don't mind them in NA-1 as much.  Although, once one joins the NA-Community server I quit.  It is a bit silly for smaller games.

I agree, to a point. If there are like 10 HX on the other side it will get pretty obnoxious (although they usually wear the SS banner).

But on the community server/when NA1 has a low pop (early morning) I will just leave the server. Not because its overpowered, but its just annoying. Even a few lancer cav on a 15 man server is pushing it.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 08:17:26 pm »
Play more siege folks. All kinds of cav are a rare novelty and not really annoying at all. The only "annoyance" on siege is the maulers, since 2-3 of them can usually render a castle impenetrable. Just bring a shield for the archers (that goes for battle too).

Siege has a bit lower cash/XP than battle, but on the plus side YOU GET TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, not some metagame of "wait 4 mins for someone to kill the horse x-bow".