Author Topic: Dear chadz and the Item Team  (Read 15109 times)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
Re: Dear chadz and the Item Team
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »
+5
if crpg dies now (or in the very near future) how many people are actually gonna still stick around, doing nothing, just killing time waiting for this new game?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:34 pm »
+5
To assume that you can just "assign" coders to a mod dev team and it works out is naive, sorry.

Like I said: it's not about coders right now. You can make mod a WAY better thing by assigning people to other positions. If you know - I gathered a little amount (like half a million crpg gold) of donations to make rewards to people who can do something useful for the mod. The problem was that I asked several times in IRC and nobody from the dev team could answer what they actually need. Even when I asked about obvious things - I wasn't sure they'd be added. I just can't use the money I took from players on something that will never be implemented. I never made attempts to become dev, I only did some stuff and tried to lobby some things, that's it. But it's not about the fact that I didn't want to try to get into the dev, it's about the question WHY I didn't do that. I don't know why but I didn't feel enough motivated to try it as I wasn't sure I won't waste time. I believe that you can give it a try and gather a new dev team (without replacing the existing one of course). A big dev team for crpg exclusively where everyone (or maybe a couple of people) does something exclusively and nothing else. cmp gave me beta testing badge, I had to test and find bugs. And f*ck me if I didn't find enough of them or did my job bad. I did well because I clearly knew what to do and that it'll have attention.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2013, 07:18:23 pm »
You have to read between lines. This is about enslavement of Zimke by Ujin which shouldnt happen in 21st century.
Zimke Unchained!

Ne daj da te Ujin izrabljuje, traži povišicu i traži slobodne dane. Ujine nemaš to pravo!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »
+2
if crpg dies now (or in the very near future) how many people are actually gonna still stick around, doing nothing, just killing time waiting for this new game?
The cRPG hivemind will contact everyone when the new game comes out. When you feel the grind spirit tingling in your anus it is time to check this forum.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2013, 07:36:54 pm »
+6
It shows how retarded people are. After some time they actually started to believe the lobbyist bullshit they were writing.

And yet, here I am, a living proof that lobbyism works. cRPG is not dead yet either. Was playable at 4 am on EU last night..

If anything, I think the mod slowly dies because it is so goddamn hardcore for new players. Average player skill is through the roof, and for a native player, he can too easily excuse that on gear and level advantages, and still be partly right.

cRPG in the current metagame, with the current loomed up 31+ player base is pretty well balanced inside its little bubble.. It's just a nightmare for noobs and people with lives to get into it atm. The balance has to take a holistic approach to the game, and balancers should be prepared to rework the whole system if we want to see more players.

Complaining about clans is a wrong turn I think, as this is one of the very best things in cRPG, and is also one of the reasons we still have so many players.

* I would rather make it easier for people to join and create clans and lead them into our wonderful and friendly forum community..  :idea:
* Face and deal with lameness, and focus on good gameplay as a whole. I'm sorry to say it, but xbows, HX, too random and powerful cav is plain lame. (Archery is fine imo)

Short description of lameness:
     - I think people doesn't like to die when the reason is sudden and beyond their control. (Bumped or 1shot by Ninja cav, 1shot by xbows)
     - When there is nothing they can do about the enemy (HA, previously running archers)
     - When rounds draw out because of certain ego's and playstyles that allows it.
     - When 1 kind of build (AND ARMOR CLASS) becomes too powerful and dominant. Everyone wants to be unique, but if it becomes too minmaxed and hardcore, one is forced to loose or join 'em

Now, I think some of those examples we already fixed, but there are still plenty to deal with. Especially rebalancing builds.

Then there are some easy things we can do to attract new players, as well as bring back old ones:
 - Double XP sundays (Just to remind people how much fun cRPG is!)
 - Rent a dedicated TS server for cRPG, where all clans can have their channel for free. I'm rarely in Nord channel i.ex, since then I'd have to leave nditions TS.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:03:35 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2013, 07:51:09 pm »
+1
You are right on that.

I just had a sick idea. How about some "grace skill points"?

Whenever someone creates a new main character, he gets a few grace skill points. Three, maybe five. Who knows.

These skill points can be spent any way the player likes it, either in skills or for converting.

Every time you retire, these grace skill points get transferred as well, except of one of them, which gets lost. So every generation you have one grace skill point less, until you are gen 4/6 and have the ordinary character.

To prevent old players of creating a new main char and playing it up to lvl 35 with 40 skill points, characters with grace skill points can't be raised above lvl 31.

The suggestion is pretty extreme, so I don't dare to pack it into a seperate topic, I will first wait for the feedback here. But I guess it's pointless, anyway. At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. and I doubt that a lot will change in the future.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2013, 08:02:28 pm »
+2
You can open multiple ts servers in tabs by pressing ctrl while clicking on the favourites

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »
+3
How about wipe, much faster leveling in general and hard cap at say lvl 34 or 35? (Not that this hasn't been suggested before)

So the newbies could get their heirlooms and high lvl chars in no time and laugh at me playing 2 1/2 years for lvl 34 and a couple +3s. Seriously, who would care? We all have enough of that stuff and if it helps new players to keep on playing everyone wins from it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:45:53 pm by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2013, 08:43:46 pm »
+15
A wipe is possibly the best way to actually kill the mod.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »
+1
then stick to the faster levelling part.

Actually I mixed up 2 ideas in my post. first i thought: wipe plus removal of heirlooms, then: no, faster leveling and keeping old chars and looms is better. Then i mixed both, sorry for confusion.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:44 pm »
+3
wipe = loads of nerds committing suicide

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »
+1
A wipe is possibly the best way to actually kill the mod.

Or revive it.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:16 pm »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2013, 09:12:04 pm »
+1
A wipe will only be helpfull when the game changes radically, so that something new comes which compensates for the loss of the old and which makes it easier to argument that the old things had to go anyway.

But I don't see how this can be achieved with cRPG, as it is about leveling your character and buying equipment for him. There is not a lot you can change about, and thus losing the old characters and equipment will lead to frustration.

People do want new players to join the game, but most likely not for the price of everything they have achieved in the past years, except for their skills which they keep.

The only other possibility I see is to give players an incentive to delete their characters and looms completely by giving them some kind of reward which does not improve their ingame fighting capabilities but rather marks them as players who sacrificed their personal achievements for the greater good of the community. But it should be something better than a forum title or something like that.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2013, 10:05:28 pm »
cRPG is what it was before - a hobby project......
These words were basically enough.....Mybe the "Do this NOW!" threads will lessen...