Author Topic: Dear chadz and the Item Team  (Read 15114 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Re: Dear chadz and the Item Team
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:41 pm »
+1
one thing i wonder about is , why we do openly discuss Melee:* here  :shock:?
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2013, 04:45:22 pm »
+3
What kinda annoys me is that some people seem to think devs should lick their asses since they invested some money to the new game and speculate like "I gave you money, so now you have to..."   :?

one thing i wonder about is , why we do openly discuss M: here  :shock:?
Well... because we're all crpg players which are allowed to discuss it here? I don't think somebody reads this forum except crpg players.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2013, 04:54:03 pm »
When the money was going towards donations feeling any sense of entitlement was a shitty and retarded thing to do, I agree. With the self-funded kickstarter game development thing though they begin to have the inkling of a point. Of course a few people are outright rude and assholish about it, but some people are just rude assholes.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2013, 05:03:01 pm »
We were never devoted 100% to cRPG (dayjob, other responsibilities etc), so you cant calculate it that way. You'll have to wait and see, anything else is pure speculation, from everyones side.

No, I meant 100% of free time meant for game development. This time has now to be shared with M:BG (are we not allowed to say it or what? Or are we only not allowed to talk about contents of the game and its development? I guess it's pointless to deny the existance of the project  :? ), and latter will most likely receive the biggest part of the attention. That's how I meant those percentage values, I didn't mean 100% of your time besides eating and sleeping.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2013, 05:07:26 pm »
+3
With the self-funded kickstarter game development thing though they begin to have the inkling of a point.

They have a point if they want to be listened to after investing, but only if it's about what they invested for. Want us to do cRPG stuff because you invested in something else? Dream on.

No, I meant 100% of free time meant for game development. This time has now to be shared

Money = more time.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »
Money = more time.

Got a point there.

I just hope that a few things get finally fixed for cRPG, so that it can spend its last days in a good, finished shape until it dies a natural death of a fading playerbase. Things like turn speed, multiplier system or even upkeep. And perhaps a new game mode. It's really close to perfection.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2013, 05:22:37 pm »
+5
With the self-funded kickstarter game development thing though they begin to have the inkling of a point.

We take our responsibility to the investors very seriously, but as cmp said - we are responsible for delivering a different thing, and we have a dedicated place to talk to those (and so far I have a feeling that those are so far happy with the way we handle things).

cRPG is what it was before - a hobby project. The investment thing doesn't change that. We work on it whenever we have the time and will to do so.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »
Very unlikely. It's a weird question though, M&B2 doesn't even exist yet.
Is it weird? It is to see what perspectives cRPG/Strategus has for the future.
If it is unlikely to also make the step to M&B2, the "dieing out"-factor so to speak is a bit more likely.
People tend to join new game versions and if this mod ain't upgraded for the new game version of M&B2,
you would loose people. Sure some may join the new game, but keep in mind M&B is an existing game and it is from the chances to be rated higher there will be a M&B2 however long it will take to be released. As you are building from scratch a new game, its release date is likely to be after that of M&B2. If you show us tommorrow a working alpha of BG, then my estimates are mute, till then i think i have a point.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2013, 06:32:08 pm »
+1
The whole reason we move away from Warband&successors is because
a) it's far away,
b) the engine doesn't suit us in what we want to do

You are suggesting to do just that again.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2013, 06:37:17 pm »
+4
Is it weird? It is to see what perspectives cRPG/Strategus has for the future.
If it is unlikely to also make the step to M&B2, the "dieing out"-factor so to speak is a bit more likely.
People tend to join new game versions and if this mod ain't upgraded for the new game version of M&B2,
you would loose people. Sure some may join the new game, but keep in mind M&B is an existing game and it is from the chances to be rated higher there will be a M&B2 however long it will take to be released. As you are building from scratch a new game, its release date is likely to be after that of M&B2. If you show us tommorrow a working alpha of BG, then my estimates are mute, till then i think i have a point.

Dude yes, cRPG/Strategus is dying/will die out eventually, development is focused on the new game that allows 100% freedom for the devs and where all the money is at. It's beyond obvious.

Now

fucking

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:59 pm »
+9
Someone though to say "THANK YOU chadz AND CMP and others" for many hours playins cRPG ? I will shout it loud :
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR AMAZING WORK !!!
And do what you want you are the master !!!
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 07:02:31 pm »
There is nothing at all community can demand from the donkey crew in cRPG , not even a better PR. Eventhough ujin has a vital point that things MIGHT be better and im seriously feeling with him in that matter, since he did put so much work into his improvements (for the best of the community, including myself), it can only be a suggestion and hope in a sense of a user of a free mod would make to its developer... and its free choice from the lather one if,when and how he does.
I even fear that donkeys did lean a bit to far out of the window (like we germans say) with some of their statements and agreements - out of best intention surely - but against  their own best. Installing a propper organisation, logistics and timelines, admin applications .. all of this has not very much to do with the fun of free time modding. Very soon it became a player/developer relation like almost between a user/company... which never was the case. See what happens if some dev too early states: yeah it will get added some time ? And you wonder why they so rarely comment ? They fear the demands and certain disappointment that would follow in the community that would make them eat up theirselfes,
I am glad with what there is in cRPG its a beautiful game, and its more about the community that got spoiled by the goodwill of the devs and now come and demand too much. Sorry, but i feel it is wrong, and we have to step back a bit ... i even dont mind to give them way more of a slack than they currently use up ... You ever asked what would be if chadz suddenly decides to ditch the whole thing ?
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 08:06:28 pm »
One answer : community patching.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »
+1
2) Sebastian a member of Wolves is bugging me for a long time to get something done into the direction of RPG elements for his own mod, he may be someone who would be able to help keeping things alife. Have a look at his mod "Battle of Europe", i would think here in terms of a merger, that but with the clear goal to have a M&B2 mod later on too and castles and towns really existing in Europe. Overall how it would look like is open for discussion i guess, Sebastian has some graphical artists but is lacking coders so you both may benefit.

3) 2) depends storngly on the answer in 1) if you would let die of cRPG/strategus there will be the intent then to implemented in BoE, elements of an RPG and of a Strategy game, then still with your influence as you made the groundwork for so many amazing concepts. I personally would prefer that cRPG/Strategus stays alife, as i just invested too much of my lifetime in this game and this community and aslong i don't see the new game i am not sure that i would then just switch to that one or BoE. Nolifers also have structures they can't just let go ;) .

My personal offer is that i can bring people together have a look out for suitable additions for your team and help finding common ground. This is basicly what i do in this comminity in terms of Strategus and Clan Leading anyhow. In addition i still would like to be part of a test crew when you choose to organizee that a bit more professionally.
If you think that would be something you want or need send me pm with requests and we could talk more private also on teamspeak "cotgs.de" or in steam(kinngrimm).

I remember the time around february/march 2012 when I had endless discussions with Kinngrimm, about making a new mod similar to crpg but with a huge amount of new features and realistic gameplay.

Kinngrimm was very interested in developing sophisticated RPG mechanics while I was more interested in making the mod very realistic and historically accurate.

We would like to port the "good" things of Strategus over to BoE and enhance them, if the development of it really stops or already has stopped.
This is in no way a type of propaganda against crpg, we are just interrested in continuing the great work of strategus if it's development really stops.

We definently will develope our mod also for M&B 2,  so the future is safe :wink:

As kinngrimm said, we only have a few programers (Sebastian, kinngrimm and another guy), but more 2d/3d artists and historical consultants...
This seems to be a common problem of the modding scene... you will find alot of guys with good knowledge about modeling and texturing,
but getting a capable programer is a difficult and long task.

This is the big difference of modders and indie game devs. The most modders are 2d/3d artists and the most of the indie game developers are programers.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:33:28 pm by _Sebastian_ »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »
The whole reason we move away from Warband&successors is because
a) it's far away,
b) the engine doesn't suit us in what we want to do
i understood and agree on all of that

You are suggesting to do just that again.
not really as my hopes are that with M&B2 there would be implemented the missing factors, but yes there is an uncertainty to it.

What i really suggest is, that cRPG would be developed further also upgraded for M&B2, so that nolifers like myself can keep on grinding XP not fearing that the mod would finnally die because there is no intention to get it upgraded onto the next M&B2 for whatever reason.

If that is done only by the dudes doing it now or new guys or in a different mod ... as long i can keep on playing the way more or less i do it now and don't loose the community i build my life around i don't care what of those options then make it in the end.

@vibe dealing with it, is exactly what i am doing here
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future