Author Topic: The Great NA War -Losses To date-  (Read 53087 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Re: The Great NA War -Losses To date-
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2013, 04:49:49 am »
+4
I agree with matey. Rhalzo and I still talk on friendly terms and I would like to think that would hold true for anyone in the fcc/bowlers before/during/after the war is over. Nothing to get excited about or cause a long lasting hatred.

The truth of the matter is. I saw the roster and wanted the MB guys on our side. So I steamed 9finger and asked him why all his guys were on the other side. Roster support is a two way street. Could he get some of the boners to stiffen up in our direction. It was done. As a result we denied you guys some quality mercs.. Win/Win

This is just bad sportsmanship and really is strange that a huge mega faction would feel the need to borderline sabotage a much smaller clan's roster. Not only are you denying the spots to people that would really enjoy fighting in the battle when you conspire to switch sides at the last second, but you're doing a real discredit to the community of people that wish to play the game without having to refresh their roster every second before the battle starts. Now I know fcc has been accused of being notorious for abusing just about every bug to gain advantage, but I cannot say I have had first had experience with any but the underhandedness of the "fcc shuffle". You were once a cool guy baleo, what happened? We all play for the fun of large battles and competitiveness of crpg combat, so why are you doing yourself and everyone who participates a disservice?
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2013, 04:54:48 am »
+1
This is just bad sportsmanship and really is strange that a huge mega faction would feel the need to borderline sabotage a much smaller clan's roster. Not only are you denying the spots to people that would really enjoy fighting in the battle when you conspire to switch sides at the last second, but you're doing a real discredit to the community of people that wish to play the game without having to refresh their roster every second before the battle starts. Now I know fcc has been accused of being notorious for abusing just about every bug to gain advantage, but I cannot say I have had first had experience with any but the underhandedness of the "fcc shuffle". You were once a cool guy baleo, what happened? We all play for the fun of large battles and competitiveness of crpg combat, so why are you doing yourself and everyone who participates a disservice?

The thing is... this is all about the first of those battles which was at a terrible time for us. When I was looking at the roster we had about 30 mercs compared to FIDLGB's full roster. We asked some of the MB guys to switch the night before the battle and managed to get i think 2 of them on our side instead of FIDLGB side. I really don't think that was last second or anything and we were really short on people when we asked. As for FCC being a huge mega faction; I continue to find it amusing that people think that.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2013, 05:28:08 am »
+1
The thing is... this is all about the first of those battles which was at a terrible time for us. When I was looking at the roster we had about 30 mercs compared to FIDLGB's full roster. We asked some of the MB guys to switch the night before the battle and managed to get i think 2 of them on our side instead of FIDLGB side. I really don't think that was last second or anything and we were really short on people when we asked. As for FCC being a huge mega faction; I continue to find it amusing that people think that.

I apologize if it looked like I accused FCC of having people maliciously switch sides today. because I cannot say the the switch to the other side of FIDLGBs battle was last minute or even malicious, only the person in charge of the roster. What I do know is that it has happened to me personally, and many people have told me that this is had become a common occurrence in several battles against FCC/VE. As for the mega alliance of FCC/VE, how can you deny it? Just look at the strat map, you guys and your vassals control well over 3/4ths of the map. And this is counting Astralis/Occitan/SS/Hospi as combatants and not even including your allies Fimbulevtr! Once again, sorry for kind of going off topic!
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2013, 05:49:06 am »
+1
As for the mega alliance of FCC/VE, how can you deny it?

Cause we aren't allied. We haven't coordinated anything with them or worked together all strat; they do their thing and we do ours. We trade with each other and we often merc for each other and we generally get along. Used to be able to say the same for SS and chaos/fidlgb, but things change.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2013, 06:03:26 am »
+2
Cause we aren't allied. We haven't coordinated anything with them or worked together all strat; they do their thing and we do ours. We trade with each other and we often merc for each other and we generally get along. Used to be able to say the same for SS and chaos/fidlgb, but things change.

So you haven't coordinated anything, but you trade with eachother, which entails the transfer of troops/gear/gold in addition to goods. You merc for each other, and when you see that any of them are mercing against you, you go into their TS or message them to switch to your side. What exactly is your definition of allies then? You don't have to be joined at the hip  :lol: 

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2013, 06:05:03 am »
+2
So you haven't coordinated anything, but you trade with eachother, which entails the transfer of troops/gear/gold in addition to goods. You merc for each other, and when you see that any of them are mercing against you, you go into their TS or message them to switch to your side. What exactly is your definition of allies then? You don't have to be joined at the hip  :lol:

??  Trade with each other just means trading goods.  What kind of weird conspiracy are you trying to imagine up?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2013, 06:05:27 am »
+3
I dont get why everyone thinks us and the FCC are allied. There's no merc agreement, no secret alliance, i dont think we have helped each other in a war one time. We trade, thats about it (not even that much). As for mercing, we generally apply for FCC because they ask us to, and the people they are fighting generally merc in mass against us, but we normally have people on the other team as well. If you guys want our mercs, try asking us. Of course, im sure it would help if we got a few mercs in return. Shinock said it right with this

All this red vs blue is kinda messed up to begin with since the resources are not shared between clans, The ongoing Wars are SS/LCO vs VE, FCC vs Hosp/FIDLGB/CHAOS? and i dont even know who Fimbulvetr is up against beside Hosp

Edit: To Penguin, the only time we have complained about our mercs signing against FCC was when they were fighting LCO, because we are actively at war with them. Even then we dont care much about it
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2013, 06:17:56 am »
+1
I apologize if it looked like I accused FCC of having people maliciously switch sides today. because I cannot say the the switch to the other side of FIDLGBs battle was last minute or even malicious, only the person in charge of the roster. What I do know is that it has happened to me personally, and many people have told me that this is had become a common occurrence in several battles against FCC/VE. As for the mega alliance of FCC/VE, how can you deny it? Just look at the strat map, you guys and your vassals control well over 3/4ths of the map. And this is counting Astralis/Occitan/SS/Hospi as combatants and not even including your allies Fimbulevtr! Once again, sorry for kind of going off topic!

Fimbulvetr has no alliances. Ravens on the other hand are allied with VE, this alliance does not carry over to the entire Fimbulvetr Confederacy. We (FCC/Fimbulvetr) are fighting several of the same enemies, we do not have any actual agreements with them nor has FCC approached any Fimbulvetr leadership asking for anything either.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2013, 06:30:50 am »
+3
Oi, I'm going to lock this topic if you bastards keep shitting each other up.

Keep it clean, Civil and Discussion related to statistics. Conspiracies and other Diplo BS get their own thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2013, 06:44:47 am »
+2
Oi, I'm going to lock this topic if you bastards keep shitting each other up.

Keep it clean, Civil and Discussion related to statistics. Conspiracies and other Diplo BS get their own thread.

Anders is actually a UIF spy who is doing all this statistical stuff to promote more warfare between NA factions as UIF prepares to invade NA.
p.s. Aliens.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2013, 07:13:42 am »
+2
As for mercing, we generally apply for FCC because they ask us to, and the people they are fighting generally merc in mass against us

People have to merc en masse against for one reason: you're the biggest faction NA. You guys could, if you wanted (and I remember specifically a few battles early on where I was lucky to get in because you were actively trying to do this) fill your roster entirely with your own faction, even if only 1/3rd of your Strat members are actually active, seriously.

I know CHAOS can't do that or even half of that at most times, FIDLGB can't do that or even a quarter of that at ANY time, Teutonic can't do that, Hospitaller can't, FCC and Occitan might be able to do that (only at an extremely favorable time for either of them, really), and Fimbulvetr just barely could given absolutely perfect settings. I'm not saying this to call you a pooty or anything, also.

If your faction were broken into it's constituent parts on Strategus (The Kingdom of Veluca, Murder Boner, Hounds of Cthulu) as separate entities I know I'd be a lot more likely to apply for them in any given battle. Hell, I'm in a cRPG clan that has like, four of it's members in another separate Strategus clan (The Republic of Mates @ 9 members total). And those are people we could actually direly use to mount an offensive (we've had to settle for just giving them troops we couldn't use in exchange for gear).

Edit: typo!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:18:38 am by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2013, 07:24:04 am »
Can someone just go make the thread for all of this drama b/s?  I'd do it but I don't deem it important enough, as long as this thread stays active.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2013, 07:32:28 am »
+3
People have to merc en masse against for one reason: you're the biggest faction NA. You guys could, if you wanted (and I remember specifically a few battles early on where I was lucky to get in because you were actively trying to do this) fill your roster entirely with your own faction, even if only 1/3rd of your Strat members are actually active, seriously.

I know CHAOS can't do that or even half of that at most times, FIDLGB can't do that or even a quarter of that at ANY time, Teutonic can't do that, Hospitaller can't, FCC and Occitan might be able to do that (only at an extremely favorable time for either of them, really), and Fimbulvetr just barely could given absolutely perfect settings. I'm not saying this to call you a pooty or anything, also.

If your faction were broken into it's constituent parts on Strategus (The Kingdom of Veluca, Murder Boner, Hounds of Cthulu) as separate entities I know I'd be a lot more likely to apply for them in any given battle. Hell, I'm in a cRPG clan that has like, four of it's members in another separate Strategus clan (The Republic of Mates @ 9 members total). And those are people we could actually direly use to mount an offensive (we've had to settle for just giving them troops we couldn't use in exchange for gear).

Edit: typo!

At the start of strat, we could maybe get a full roster with our faction. Now? Hell no. Strat is too shit for all our members to be interested. On average we get maybe 20, 25 at most, just depends on the time. And were certainly not forcing people to merc in mass against us just due to our size, there isnt a faction on the map who shouldnt be able to get a full roster as long as its a decent sized battle, regardless of their size or which "bloc" they belong too.

And to anders, this will be my last post, dont want to muck up your thread anymore
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
Sorry Anders  :oops:
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Haramir

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Haramir
  • IRC nick: Haramir
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »
+2
At the start of strat, we could maybe get a full roster with our faction. Now? Hell no. Strat is too shit for all our members to be interested. On average we get maybe 20, 25 at most, just depends on the time. And were certainly not forcing people to merc in mass against us just due to our size, there isnt a faction on the map who shouldnt be able to get a full roster as long as its a decent sized battle, regardless of their size or which "bloc" they belong too.

And to anders, this will be my last post, dont want to muck up your thread anymore

People got bored with strategus and CRPG over time, we fought so many battle against each other.  At the beggining we could get almost half of our roster filled with Occitan and chevalier, and 7 Hero party.  The spot for our roster were really hard to get  for outsiders and we always had like 75 ppl mercing for us, now we barely filled roster if the battle is a little too early or too late