Author Topic: So the call rang...  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
Re: So the call rang...
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »
+1

Raw troops?  :rolleyes:

If there is one "omission" that you could take out it would be the battle that didn't happen because of the equipment bug. I don't really get why you'd try to separate troops lost by timer... It's part of battles/sieges.

This is the first time I hear of this catapult bug, since you guys seemed to have broken walls in most sieges.. you know if the catapults weren't broken before that.. I do think I remember one of them breaking and doing the lag bomb on us for a bit. Then again we all know that could happen if you let the defender break it. (Like Black White did to Occitan's catapults, IIRC).

Let's try to give Occitan more credit here shall we?

"Occitan killed 8999 of our troops while we killed 7811 of theirs."

^ That's like putting a blanket over the actual numbers, because from the battles I've been a part of... only one of them was actually close, and it was the morning field battle (where we did the congo line).  At least.. the big battles.

Considering you have to be the one attacking to lose troops to timers, it's certainly not occitan "strategy" that made us lose those troops but our own miscalculation. I made sure to separate everything so that one could make his own mind of it all. In the case of the catapult bugs, I'm talking about the bug that made it impossible to make more catapult after the first 2 catapults were destroyed. Considering that the lack of catapults in those particular castle make attacking it a lot more deadly, it IS worth mentioning. Same with timer kills since we now know that any army bigger than 1500 for a field battle is a waste and probably won't happen unless we're desperate.

I really didn't think I had to explain that since it's pretty straightforward, Krosis. You may want to think a bit before posting if you don't know what i'm talking about and pretty much calling me a liar.

Arowaine : 600 of those troops were population, I can't really remember if any of them were geared so I guess you could remove them from the count.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 11:36:46 pm »
+1
I mean he put the totals in the post, why you complaining? You see the the smaller margin and assume it is a less significant number. But really it means occitan did better in physical clashes, which usually is a much smaller difference.

Our last siege we had problems with the equipment spawning. The catapults and racks would disapear half the time and most of the rosters couldnt use the rack. There is just no use reporting this, because just like the caraf bug we wont here anything back.

Also at anders and all the gear haters: both the hoc and tkov gear invetorys for the majority of these troops have been shit we bought before thanksgiving, but telling bonesaw to waste gear is about as effective as telling him to stay sober.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 11:38:00 pm »
+1
Arowaine : 600 of those troops were population, I can't really remember if any of them were geared so I guess you could remove them from the count.

Incorrect. I'm going to be counting total ticket losses. Every ticket lost(even population) is a fighting ticket that could have been used. This isn't modern age, there's no civvies! It's All soldiers, just some aren't always armed  :wink:

Not going to touch the other point.

Also at anders and all the gear haters: both the hoc and tkov gear invetorys for the majority of these troops have been shit we bought before thanksgiving, but telling bonesaw to waste gear is about as effective as telling him to stay sober.

Hey I wasn't hating. I'm an engineer that uses xbows and 1h(when i gotta fight). And yes, your 1h's HAVE sucked, but only those. The other gear has been decent. That's where you get your flak was that 1h's have been lackluster compared to the other weapons you guys had and only then, because of the heavy armor LCO uses. 1h wiffs way to much on heavy armor if it's not blunt or pierce or a cleaver.

And once again:
AROWAINE POST YOUR TROOP LOSSES PLEASE!
KESH POST YOUR TROOP LOSSES!
NH GUY POST YOUR TROOP LOSSES!

Lets see the amount of blood that has flown!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:42:07 pm by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 11:42:59 pm »
+2
Guys, this all seemed a little complicated to me, so I went to a local playground with my nephew, had him inform a few toddlers about the situation and get their take on it. Here's what they had to say:

"Occitan goes to Jupiter to get more stupider, Fimbulvetr goes to China to get more vagina."

I think this about sums it up rather plainly.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 11:44:40 pm »
+1
So far we lost 7678 troops against VE since it started and we lost 5262 against NH. As for the gear, we have been funded mainly by our victories against VE, i have yet to go through all the 1000 +3 corrazinas/heavy helmets/gloves/boots we bought since the start of this whole war. Against Fimb we were in heraldic mails with tabard/kettle helmets/mail gauntlets/leather boots until we started using the gear you guys gave us in our victories
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 11:46:44 pm »
So far we lost 7678 troops against VE since it started and we lost 5262 against NH. As for the gear, we have been funded mainly by our victory against VE, i have yet to go through all the 1000 +3 corrazinas/heavy helmets/gloves/boots we bought since the start of this whole war. Against Fimb we were in heraldic mails with tabard/kettle helmets/mail gauntlets/leather boots until we started using the gear you guys gave us in our victories

So is this the official LCO losses?

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 11:47:32 pm »
So is this the official LCO losses?

yes

Fim lost 5849 from these battles
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:51:15 pm by SHinOCk »

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 11:48:33 pm »
Our 1hs havent been great, but like hobb said these armies were just the vanguard, not the best troops we have. And i dont really think we need to change strategys anders, while we have been getting alot of bugs and AM battles, it hasnt been going that bad for us. We lost more tickets sure, but we were able to lure something like 3k Occitan troops out of their fortresses and into the field, and went around 1:1 with them (before timer losses). We killed alot more there then if we had fought the same armies in their castles.  And at the end of the day, we can afford to lose these troops, Occitan cant.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:08 pm »
+1
Our 1hs havent been great, but like hobb said these armies were just the vanguard, not the best troops we have. And i dont really think we need to change strategys anders, while we have been getting alot of bugs and AM battles, it hasnt been going that bad for us. We lost more tickets sure, but we were able to lure something like 3k Occitan troops out of their fortresses and into the field, and went around 1:1 with them (before timer losses). We killed alot more there then if we had fought the same armies in their castles.  And at the end of the day, we can afford to lose these troops, Occitan cant.

Don't count us out just yet ;)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 11:58:52 pm »

I don't really care. You guys just have me show up so I show up!
I'm also not arguing strategy? I don't think I ever did? I did state something along losses due to a bug, but that's about it. I'm only doing a counting for the war. Blood spilled is all I seek, not gear or otherwise.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:12 am »
FCC loses have not been bad. Only big mess we had was the city fight against hosp. Otherwise we have done well in just about everything we got going on.

No idea how far back you want use to start looking.

Recently Shik hit us with about 2,800. We killed them all and took around 3000 in loses from it. about 700 of that being population that did not have much in the way of equipment.

Not really willing to go back tot he hosp battles and stuff. Those were long enough ago that the troops lost have been replaced two fold.
Leader of BS

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 12:19:46 am »
+1
FCC loses have not been bad. Only big mess we had was the city fight against hosp. Otherwise we have done well in just about everything we got going on.

No idea how far back you want use to start looking.

Recently Shik hit us with about 2,800. We killed them all and took around 3000 in loses from it. about 700 of that being population that did not have much in the way of equipment.

Not really willing to go back tot he hosp battles and stuff. Those were long enough ago that the troops lost have been replaced two fold.

Please only give me losses versus HP and LCO members. Other wars aren't the concern! Thanks Bale!

Also i just noticed the title of this thread: SO THE CALL RANG....
Shouldn't it be SO THE PHONE RANG....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:24:42 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 12:25:57 am »
Don't count us out just yet ;)

Oh of course not, you guys have alot of stuff left, there is still a long war left ahead of us. Just hope the bugs will stop picking on us though :(
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 12:39:22 am »
I'm confused why hp would post their losses against what seems to be themselves.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2013, 12:46:34 am »
+2
I'm confused why hp would post their losses against what seems to be themselves.

Losses are losses brah, had to quell the rebellion