Author Topic: So the call rang...  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
So the call rang...
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:14:42 am »
+20
"The fools... They think this is the final thread of the Empire?" Lord Syls sat at the table twiddling his fingers..

Tristan turns... baffled in astonishment; his friendships  torn. If the blade is needed to show the Empires might, he will bring it himself...
Hobb and the Goat of adopta stare as he makes his exit... A blood soaked future awaits them all.

"Bring down the full fury of the Empire!" The God Emperor slams his fist upon the mahogany table leaving no reason to grasp upon...

9Finger and the Legendary Aldog sit starring between themselves... A surprise brought to the unsuspecting Lord and MB Kings of the Empire.

Warborn looks to Bonesaw, already determined to the fate of the Empire, these forgings of powers mattered very little.

----- Later that evening -----

"This is it men!"
"These desert men have shown us no mercy, and so we shall give them no restraint."

As he spoke the thunderous stomps of troops shifting throughout the Empire rained through all the ears who gave attention.

"These men have sealed their fate, and so... We shall give them nothing but the bitter seeds they have chosen to sow.
prepare your arms, rally your brothers.. the Velucan Empire will show these dogs no mercy!"
Jaren stood atop a hill shouting to his force left from scathed conflict
"We sought a peace, one that could not be fulfilled by there end... And so we must put those dogs down, to battle my brothers!

HAIL VELUCA!!!
TL;DR

Hero Party has chosen now to be the best time to assault the Empire of Veluca. We welcome the opposition as it will be a rare few of times the Empire will be on the defensive. Good luck to you all.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:40:12 am by Jaren »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Re: So the call rang...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:35:47 am »
Wish we could have avoided it, but so be it. Its gonna be nice to defend for once, hopefully we dont get fucked over by more bugs.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:52 am »
+13
Our Heroes' Party finally decides to fight back against the menacing Velucan Empire! Will our rag-tag band of trolls with hearts of gold be able to defeat the God Emperor and his menacing blue behemoth? Find out next week on Diplomacy and Trade Simulator: 2013!

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:46:18 am »
+4
well since fcc is coming down with 6k troops + we migth just re consider staying in our castle and wait to see more of you coming. looking forward to figth the entire map along side with hero party.
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:12:38 am »
Wish we could have avoided it, but so be it. Its gonna be nice to defend for once, hopefully we dont get fucked over by more bugs.

There's no avoiding it since you guys decided to take our villages but the good side to all of this is that were gonna get some more mad exp. Best strat in my opinion so far if not for the fact that it looks like its gonna end up just as usual with the same people against each other
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:28:27 am »
+1
There's no avoiding it since you guys decided to take our villages but the good side to all of this is that were gonna get some more mad exp. Best strat in my opinion so far if not for the fact that it looks like its gonna end up just as usual with the same people against each other

You guys did it to yourself, FCC wouldnt have fought Occitan, and we wanted to leave Hero Party and Fimbulvetr to their war, doesnt really make much sense for Hero party to attack us while they are fighting 2 other equal/larger clans.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:28 am »
+5
You guys did it to yourself, FCC wouldnt have fought Occitan, and we wanted to leave Hero Party and Fimbulvetr to their war, doesnt really make much sense for Hero party to attack us while they are fighting 2 other equal/larger clans.

To be honest i never wanted to attack Frisia/NH but once you start something, however stupid it is, you've got to deal with the consequences and the consequences were us at war with NH... I mean we attacked their ally after all and while we are bigger than NH members wise, they did have an advantage in troops/gear/money or at least they should have had the advantage since we've been relocating 2 times in EU land to finally come back on NA considerably slowing down our economical power and troop gathering.

Because of this and the stupid attack on Rindyar castle, we couldn't just do as if nothing happened there and go fight FCC up north leaving our lands open for an angry NH invasion as retribution. Its easy to understand why we decided to keep pushing NH at that point... We did bite a bit more than we could chew and decided to go all out on NH instead of spreading our armies and get rdy for a push from FCC afterward which never came at the time.

I would've loved to just go against Kesh and not having to deal with you guys jumping in as usual but then again, you did say you wanted the desert so you probably would've jumped on us anyway as we would've been fighting up there (which is a smart move). All in all, its more of a "It's how strat and this community works" than a "You guys did it to yourselves" thing. You can ask Baleohay, I've been talking with him before all the wars started and we did try to make it different for this version of strat... We were not able to come to anything good because certain people are too stubborn to change anything and they keep talking shit
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:47:30 am »
+2

... I mean we attacked their ally after all and while we are bigger than NH members wise, they did have an advantage in troops/gear/money or at least they should have had the advantage since we've been relocating 2 times in EU land to finally come back on NA considerably slowing down our economical power and troop gathering.

Until Fimbulvetr was formed NH had less then 10 active strat members. (It was more like 7. Two of which are lazy bastards... *cough* Zan *cough* BW)

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 01:18:26 pm »
+8
yolo

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 01:37:18 pm »
+3
We did try and become friends this strat. I even had our people on board but got veto-ed by your leadership. Even helped get your guys some new land thinking that it would maybe earn a little friendship. We attacked hosp, you attacked us in return and started our war off.

I have no issues with it honestly. War is the only thing to make this game fun. Typical battle lines but had some other choices been made it did not have to be that way.
Leader of BS

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »

To be honest i never wanted to attack Frisia/NH but once you start something, however stupid it is, you've got to deal with the consequences and the consequences were us at war with NH... I mean we attacked their ally after all and while we are bigger than NH members wise, they did have an advantage in troops/gear/money or at least they should have had the advantage since we've been relocating 2 times in EU land to finally come back on NA considerably slowing down our economical power and troop gathering.

Because of this and the stupid attack on Rindyar castle, we couldn't just do as if nothing happened there and go fight FCC up north leaving our lands open for an angry NH invasion as retribution. Its easy to understand why we decided to keep pushing NH at that point... We did bite a bit more than we could chew and decided to go all out on NH instead of spreading our armies and get rdy for a push from FCC afterward which never came at the time.

I would've loved to just go against Kesh and not having to deal with you guys jumping in as usual but then again, you did say you wanted the desert so you probably would've jumped on us anyway as we would've been fighting up there (which is a smart move). All in all, its more of a "It's how strat and this community works" than a "You guys did it to yourselves" thing. You can ask Baleohay, I've been talking with him before all the wars started and we did try to make it different for this version of strat... We were not able to come to anything good because certain people are too stubborn to change anything and they keep talking shit

The only reason we attacked Occitan was because you had the fiefs we wanted, Nothing to do with FCC or Fimbulvetr, you think we would do anything else while having a potentially hostile occitan in our rear?

I would have preferred it to stay VE vs Occitan, and Fimbulvetr vs HP, infact i tried to talk smoothrich out of attacking us, multiple times. That way we wouldnt have to help wipe hero party, when we have no interest in their fiefs. Thats why i say you guys did it to yourself.

Also, we tried to be friends with occitan too, when you guys were relocating to NA, we offered you fiefs, but were turned down by leadership, who then went ahead and spread our plans around.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »
+3
This:

and this:
We did try and become friends this strat. I even had our people on board but got veto-ed by your leadership. Even helped get your guys some new land thinking that it would maybe earn a little friendship. We attacked hosp, you attacked us in return and started our war off.

I have no issues with it honestly. War is the only thing to make this game fun. Typical battle lines but had some other choices been made it did not have to be that way.

Pretty much sums it up.  We were already at war with Occitan, Hero Party, and Hospitallers thanks to occitan and hospitallers attacking us at various points during this strategus.  Hero party was our own initiation thanks to them raging so hard about us sending three small armies to even the odds and stop them from rolling over a much smaller faction with their 40-member faction, gave BIRD clan time to sell a couple indefensible fiefs rather than lose them anyway and reconsolidate after the death of LLJK. 

We have been marching for a while towards Hero party since occitan was otherwise busy (we are cocky, but going on the offensive against 3 equal to larger factions than us would be stupid).  And then HP just went complete derp mode and attacked VE who were neutral to them (kind of like when they embroiled occ into the nh war over a silly castle that was given away by an afk player instead of fighting us) and all this after losing thousands of troops to attacking their own castle, suicide diving 1 village, and losing members, etc.  Oh well, self-destruction is a legitimate tactic I guess.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »
+3

First off as Relit said seriously how strong do you think NH is? We have 11 active players. You have 60 Occitan/Chevaliers + 35 HP generating gold and troops and you're gonna claim with a straight face we had an advantage? Also we could all see you on EU map with a dozen fiefs deep inside UIF carebearland territory on the western part of the map, as if you couldn't trade freely back there I doubt you even had to arm carvans and could just move them around on autopilot, massively overloaded.

I also still don't follow up the logic of making a mistake attacking 1 castle (a single worthless attack that bounced off the walls of it), then instead of negotiating or whatever you follow up your mistake by sending up a massive invasion force of like 10k troops against us a poor small clan, was never contacted once. You guys completely deserve to be stomped now, and yes you did do it to yourselves, if you expected a large VE attack over desert claims then some competent diplomacy could have prevented being at war with us & FCC too, and vs VE alone you match up decently with HP + Occitan having 94 members and especially with defensive advantages.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:35:41 pm by Turboflex »

Offline Sir_Mahtin

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • A man is and will always be just a man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Le Chevalier Occitan
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Martin
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:19:40 pm »
+2
Turbo, shit happens... it happened to us as a smaller faction than your 11 man. Enjoy the xp while it lasts.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:21:43 pm »
+4
"OCCITAN / HERO PARTY ALLIANCE: Trust us, that 10 man NH faction, 10 man absolutely poor and new-founded Frisian faction, and that few man Dracul faction are definitely superior to our might."

Are you my old friendlords serious?