Author Topic: So the call rang...  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
Re: So the call rang...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:07 pm »
+8
Occitan is the one faction in strategus that has a serious set of ideals and sticks to them. You all fault them for standing by their allies and never backing down no matter how many factions stack up, but I applaud them. Good for you occitan, I don't even know why you all respond to the haters.

EDIT: Can we all agree to quit quoting one faction's website member count and then comparing it to how many "active" members you have? It's getting old.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:54:00 pm by Duster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51:41 pm »
+2
Turbo, shit happens... it happened to us as a smaller faction than your 11 man. Enjoy the xp while it lasts.

We'll survive. I think it's just hilarious he is saying it was some kind of unavoidable mistake, like some kind of act of god this predicament of being at war against FCC & Fimbulvetr when both were preventable and completely due to their own aggressive actions and were completely preventable through better diplomacy. They have lost over 10k HP/occitan troops the past month on Fimbulvetr/FCC soil when they had no good reason to be there and they expected a VE attack in the desert so now these missing armies that probably should have been in the desert defending their homelands against VE are gone and they have 2 extra enemies.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 06:04:23 pm »
+3
We'll survive. I think it's just hilarious he is saying it was some kind of unavoidable mistake, like some kind of act of god

GOD WILLS IT

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 06:10:06 pm »
Occitan is the one faction in strategus that has a serious set of ideals and sticks to them.

Uhhhh, not really.  beating up on a 10-man faction not really following a "set of ideals."  Just because they say it a lot doesn't mean its actually true.  Anyway should be some good fights.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »
Uhhhh, not really.  beating up on a 10-man faction not really following a "set of ideals."  Just because they say it a lot doesn't mean its actually true.  Anyway should be some good fights.

Fimbulvetr has 37 members.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 06:31:02 pm »
+4
It's really best to kick inactive members out of the faction because this always happens.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 06:37:26 pm »
+3

You're forgetting that Frisia was attacked while our enemies were under the pretense that we were a neutral faction not in the Fimbulvetr alliance.

Offline Haramir

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Haramir
  • IRC nick: Haramir
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 06:53:47 pm »
+5
We are at war with NH because they stand up for their ally Frisia.  We have a lot of respect for the NH for keeping their word and it is all in their honor.  It was 60 Les chevaliers Occitans vs 37 Fimbulvetr and you were on defense so it was fair game and the battle we had were enjoyable with much xp and this is the only reason we kept pushing.   But you are right Turboflex we should talk together sometime on TS.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 07:00:16 pm »
+4
"OCCITAN / HERO PARTY ALLIANCE: Trust us, that 10 man NH faction, 10 man absolutely poor and new-founded Frisian faction, and that few man Dracul faction are definitely superior to our might."

Are you my old friendlords serious?

Yeah, we have 2 active strat members, maybe 3 on the few days I feel like doing shit in strat, but that's a rare occurence.

EDIT: Can we all agree to quit quoting one faction's website member count and then comparing it to how many "active" members you have? It's getting old.

Hmmm, nah. I like it.  :mrgreen:

But honestly I could care less about any strat drama. I'm just enjoying these battles. They got me to 33 and I retired and now I'm almost back to 30 already with their aid. Keep the drama going, keep my levels flowing.  :mrgreen:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 07:02:36 pm »
+5
You're forgetting that Frisia was attacked while our enemies were under the pretense that we were a neutral faction not in the Fimbulvetr alliance.

you moved into a fief that had been taken from a HP ally less than a week prior and that's why the fief got attacked -  that's not an "attack" because at that point you're like a squatter attempting an adverse possession

if i took that castle from you, gave it to whatever KUTT is calling themselves now, would you consider the matter settled and let KUTT hold onto it?
FREE ALLERS

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »
+2

It's been all NH assets so far involved, Frisia is a new faction with Sandersson's crew and some ex-KUTT guys so  had very little resources to start, and what they little they did have had to respond to Teutonic's backstab in the north. Dracul has like 2 active guys.

Going forward Fimbulventr will be stronger and represent that new size but right now this is the resources of a dozen people against 95.

Obviously HP/Occitan have 99 other problems but it was their choice to engage this one.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »
+3
you moved into a fief that had been taken from a HP ally less than a week prior and that's why the fief got attacked -  that's not an "attack" because at that point you're like a squatter attempting an adverse possession

if i took that castle from you, gave it to whatever KUTT is calling themselves now, would you consider the matter settled and let KUTT hold onto it?

I think that would be quite ironic and comedic considering Tanken is now in Frisia.  :twisted:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
+1
I think that would be quite ironic and comedic considering Tanken is now in Frisia.  :twisted:

WE FRISIA NOW.

I reckon the time for diplomacy and forum-wars has ended. I can keyboard forum-warrior with the best of them, but I don't think this is the time for that. The sides have been picked and all that's left is to try and synthesize new tactics for the battles, new strategies for strategus, and fight this dang-ole war.

Also respect to our nordic friends for carrying us on their sizable backs recently. We'll not forget nor fail to repay them for holding steadfast over there. It's tough to get a war-machine going from near scratch, but it can get done quickly if you've got a few good nerds.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:37:46 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:11 pm »
+10
"OCCITAN / HERO PARTY ALLIANCE: Trust us, that 10 man NH faction, 10 man absolutely poor and new-founded Frisian faction, and that few man Dracul faction are definitely superior to our might."

To be fair, it is probably even as we have seen Hero Party get stuck in a month long war with a faction that had 3-4 freedom fighters before needing a bailout.

(click to show/hide)

You can say what you want about Occitan, but they do stick by their friends/allies even if it means them going down. Les points bonus pour l'Occitan!
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52:14 pm »
+5
That sounds like a great motto for almost anything.

"A few good nerds."

Put it on the edges of coins, or emblazon it on the banners of medieval armies. It's beautiful.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG