Author Topic: Polearm spd rtng 92? 2H spd rtng still the same?  (Read 10098 times)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
Re: Polearm spd rtng 92? 2H spd rtng still the same?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 04:08:33 pm »
From my experiences those who were OP with lolstab pre-patch are still OP with lolstab.

Have you duelled any of the great pre-patch lolstabbers after the new patch?
people like phyrex, Atze, Razzen and those guys ain't half as good as they used to be

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 04:09:20 pm »
Have you duelled any of the great pre-patch lolstabbers after the new patch?
people like phyrex, Atze, Razzen and those guys ain't half as good as they used to be

Phyrex and Razzen. And others. I think my failblocks are down to partially the fact that polearms can't block fast enough to block a 2h swing after hitting their block, but sometimes I can't even hit them before it goes through my block. Sometimes I know that they strafed around me ect but there are times when hits clearly go through my blocks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:11:09 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »
All I can tell you is that Phyrex couldn't block my attacks after his thrust, and when we experimented with him blocking my thrust, I couldn't block his attacks either.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 04:12:15 pm »
All I can tell you is that Phyrex couldn't block my attacks after his thrust, and when we experimented with him blocking my thrust, I couldn't block his attacks either.

Using some of the fastest 2h swords I can see why, but if you use a polearm, it's still not quick enough to take significant advantage of the block stun. Polearm speed nerf doesn't help the situation either.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 04:13:18 pm »
I couldn't block his german greatsword.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 04:14:08 pm »
I couldn't block his german greatsword.

Phyrex is the fastest 2h user I know... Lol I'm sure he could make a great maul look like it's going 2000 miles an hour.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 04:15:08 pm »
Phyrex is the fastest 2h user I know... Lol I'm sure he could make a great maul look like it's going 2000 miles an hour.

i bet he wouldnt be able to block my LHB either...

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 04:16:23 pm »
So, you think it's okay that even though both stood in front of eachother and I knew what direction he was gonna attack from after my stab got block/stunned he managed to hit me without me having a chance to block it?

This is fairly hypothetical on my part in an actual fight, because thrusting with a katana is risky business at best.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »
Yesterday on the duelserver I've had various instances where I blocked a GLA with my longsword (had to block it twice most of the time due to polearm stun) and when I hit back, I got hit by their second attack before mine connected.

This didn't happen due to polearmstun, they were just that fast.

I'm throwing this one on my low proficiency in 2h, but maybe others experience the same.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 04:18:09 pm »
So, you think it's okay that even though both stood in front of eachother and I knew what direction he was gonna attack from after my stab got block/stunned he managed to hit me without me having a chance to block it?

This is fairly hypothetical on my part in an actual fight, because thrusting with a katana is risky business at best.

Meh it's not really in the same league as the great lolstabbing swords like the Danish, German and Great.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 04:19:58 pm »
I can stand there with a hafted blade and tickle a plate user with half powered hits, a 2h user of the same situation would probably kill the plate user in 2 hits as usual.

The difference being that now, powerbuild + MW LHB = cheat. Powerbuild + MW GGS isn't. Polearm wpf has a way bigger impact on speed than 2h wpf, and the animation is still too jumpy and the recover time too short. The main problem is the animation being very slow at the beginning when the strike is prepared, then way too fast when it is launched. It's not rare to see a polearm swing begin on one frame and end in the next frame. There's no point in going str polearm (apart from the very situational long maul), so allmost all polearm players just go 12/27 and nearly stunlock people with LHB/Glaive/GLA... The plate user is pretty much hopeless against a polearm agibuild, as he will never catch him due to the lack of speed, and furthermore will have difficulties blocking with all this stun stuff.

2 handers offer some possibilities for str builds (and not especially crushtrough).

On top of that, the only viable weapon for cavalry is the heavy lance, which is a polearm. Many cav are just as good on foot when they take their GLA out of their pocket. I think many polearms should be switched to another weapon class, with only the 4 attack directions weapons, that just are 2 handers with another prof anyway, and that category nerfed someway. Many real polearms (you know, when you use the thrust attack...) don't need a nerf.

Yesterday on the duelserver I've had various instances where I blocked a GLA with my longsword (had to block it twice most of the time due to polearm stun) and when I hit back, I got hit by their second attack before mine connected.

This didn't happen due to polearmstun, they were just that fast.

I'm throwing this one on my low proficiency in 2h, but maybe others experience the same.

Just this. Anyway, go on a duel server with a 2h and try to duel people like murmillus...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:22:52 pm by Kafein »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 04:21:51 pm »
Meh it's not really in the same league as the great lolstabbing swords like the Danish, German and Great.
I think you missed the point. The point was that neither could block eachothers attack, after our thrust had been blocked(and therefore stunned).

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 04:23:29 pm »
The difference being that now, powerbuild + MW LHB = cheat. Powerbuild + MW GGS isn't. Polearm wpf has a way bigger impact on speed than 2h wpf, and the animation is still too jumpy and the recover time too short. The main problem is the animation being very slow at the beginning when the strike is prepared, then way too fast when it is launched. It's not rare to see a polearm swing begin on one frame and end in the next frame. There's no point in going str polearm (apart from the very situational long maul), so allmost all polearm players just go 12/27 and nearly stunlock people with LHB/Glaive/GLA... The plate user is pretty much hopeless against a polearm agibuild, as he will never catch him due to the lack of speed, and furthermore will have difficulties blocking with all this stun stuff.

2 handers offer some possibilities for str builds (and not especially crushtrough).

On top of that, the only viable weapon for cavalry is the heavy lance, which is a polearm. Many cav are just as good on foot when they take their GLA out of their pocket. I think many polearms should be switched to another weapon class, with only the 4 attack directions weapons, that just are 2 handers with another prof anyway, and that category nerfed someway. Many real polearms (you know, when you use the thrust attack...) don't need a nerf.

I've not been using the LHB since the patch came out, I've been using a Long axe, 93 speed. I had block issues with LHB previously vs 2h swords, since the patches that came at the start of the year. Now I have block issues with another polearm vs 2h swords.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 04:25:56 pm »
I've never had block issues with anything without lag involved, so... Sometimes my low proficiency on a low level makes it slow but that's normal.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2011, 10:05:36 am »

2h swords are faster, stronger, easier to block with and easier to use than probably all the polearms.
wrong - wrong - WHAT? - wrong.