Author Topic: Proudest/Happiest cRPG moments  (Read 9007 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Proudest/Happiest cRPG moments
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:16:30 pm »
+18
shamelessly stolen from talewords forum ^^

We all have those moments while playing cRPG that we remember for a long time. Whether it's during strat or just battle/siege. it's these moments when the adrenaline starts pumping and you pull off something great that for me make Warband so great and worth putting hundreds or thousands of hours into.

This thread is for describing your proudest/happiest Warband moments. Keep in mind this is for fun. I'll start it off with some.

1. First time i ever lanced tommy off his horse back in the day, he lanced my face off about 50 times in a row but i got him once and it made me happy for my noob efforts :D

2. Not this xmas just gone but the one before. 5-10 Templars had us some fun with snowballs! In nord town? in the graveyard we each stood on a headstone and snowballed guys that ran in, we did the same on some american map. it took us 30 seconds to kill a guy but he couldn't move <3

3. Again on NA and again with Templols. We used to have Sleggs chars with 13 ath which were pretty fun :P somedays we used to all group up and with polestagger it was fun, once we were the last left and waitied and just before the mob hit us we all ran in seperate directions with 13 ath:) On eu we stagger locked varyag once by moving in and out so fast with the shortend spears that he couldnt move. next round he went and stood in a shallow river and wouldnt come out :D

4. just today it made me lol, last guy left alive on my alt and i fended off 3-4 guys for a good 15-30 seconds, got plenty of hits in and a lot of blocking but alas i didnt kill any due to 5ps and lvl 23 :P was fun to get valour and see people say "See 1h is op" and someone else say "no hes just really good" poor newbs they will learn :D

(yes i know i smilie a lot O.o) I wanna hear dem stories!
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: Proudest/Happiest cRPG moments
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:24:49 pm »
+12
I remember playing on the community servers on my last gen when I was still polearms. I had a glaive and I was the last person left, there 7 enemies left. They all attacked me at once mind you, not separately, and somehow I managed to kill every one of them without a scratch upon myself. Still not sure how I did it. It was a flurry a blocks and attacks that left me shaking with adrenaline, had to step out for a smoke immediately after just to calm down. Those are the moments in c-rpg that I live for.  :mrgreen:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:28:33 pm »
+16
I remember playing on the community servers on my last gen when I was still polearms. I had a glaive and I was the last person left, there 7 enemies left. They all attacked me at once mind you, not separately, and somehow I managed to kill every one of them without a scratch upon myself. Still not sure how I did it. It was a flurry a blocks and attacks that left me shaking with adrenaline, had to step out for a smoke immediately after just to calm down. Those are the moments in c-rpg that I live for.  :mrgreen:

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:34 pm »
+10
In strat just the other day I managed to get a 100% luck chamber on Froyoyoyodawiz, he backed up and then somone ran over and teamkilled him as if he were no longer of any use to their team.
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:40 pm »
+6
Me and Chase winning 2 vs. 21 as the last ones on our team. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:40 pm »
+3
Not really a story but that pleasurable shivering feeling up your spine you get every time a pt 15 MW stone headshots someone cannot be replaced. 

He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 12:01:13 am »
+9
Right back when I first started playing really, I was getting to grips with my character (I had got it to a reasonable level and had all the equipment that I wanted). I got caught between Sawa, in his black plate etc and two randoms and of course, I'd run out of arrows (never been without my bow! :wink:) and was fighting with my maul. I managed to club down one of the randomers before Sawa got within range, somehow, no idea how I did it, I blocked him and managed to hit him back, knocking him down. From there I hit him once more which amazingly killed him before collecting a crossbow bolt to the side of the skull.
In the dead chat, Replica said "lol well done Tennoth" which made me grin because I had a great amount of respect for the bloke.

To summarise, my proudest moment is;
1) Fleeing and getting trapped.
2) Exploiting a horrible weapon with knockdown & crush-through.
3) Killing two players in melee, albeit one being Sawa.
4) Dying to another crossbow headshot.
5) Being congratulated by someone who couldn't spell my name.

Nothing has really compared to that since though. My character has been through a lot of changes, refining and I've become a lot more skilled than I used to be and a lot of the charm of just killing off two people in panic (I had no idea what I was doing at the time) and generally just being some unknown pleb running around. Now I'm just a pleb.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 12:26:33 am »

Meth is a helluva drug.

In strat just the other day I managed to get a 100% luck chamber on Froyoyoyodawiz, he backed up and then somone ran over and teamkilled him as if he were no longer of any use to their team.

This actually made me laugh.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 12:37:53 am »
That one time I kicked Tianjuan's butt all over the crpg.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 12:41:23 am »
+6
Making plate crutching heroes chase me around on the walls for 4 mins before I swiftly jump to my death while looking at them. As a sickle welding peasant of course.

But in all seriousness. Just a few weeks ago on my great lancer alt. I was the last alive, I decided to get off my horse and kill this lone piker before his team caught up/ found us. I dispatched him via spam with lawlsword side arm. Then over joyed I called for TwinkleToes - My unicorn Courser -  It galloped over slowly and bumped me just slightly. With a sudden explosion of sound, I instantly get shot up into the air *dead* Champion Courser *insert picture death by horse bump here* Cavalieres_Scilla. was a pretty awesome WTF just happened type moment.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:51:54 am by Scilla »

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 12:52:48 am »
+1
Some great moments I remember in no particular order:

Back in my leoking style build, there a few times when I got behind the enemy lines. My little buckler and military cleaver started moving around, and next thing, a few archer corpses surrounding me. It usually ended when a cav bumped me to death or the 2h heroes came around though.

Also, when I was an archer shielder hybrid (at lvl 27 or 28, not sure), I remember being last against a 5-6 people group, shooting 2 before the rest closed in and then killing the rest with my 1her (this one felt great especially because I sucked hard at that time, I still do not know how I did it).

And one of the classic, has happened many times. Almost no time left, flag almost down, 10+ enemies on it, getting there, tanking, and buying enough time for a few defenders to come and win the round.

So many overall...

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 01:50:12 am »
+4
They said if the castle wasn't taken before dusk all hope was lost. And yet, when the sun was barely visible anymore the courtyard was still in the hand of the enemy. The last few ragtag attackers had taken a tower close to the courtyard. The door had been broken but the dreaded hero was blocking the entrance with his mighty shield, the rest of the defending army waiting behind him. Noone dared to move even as they knew they were out of time. Out of the shadows a young peasant girl stepped tearing and kicking at the heroes shield with all her might. For but a second the hero lost control of his shield, but that very moment an archer let fly his arrow. The hero fell. Despair took the defenders as the remaining army descended from the entrance, unbreakable now. Just as the sun set the enemies flag was torn down.
The girl was never seen again, and her legend has faded, but it is still carved into this stone.
But let me tell you another story ...

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:39 am »
+4
Every tripple/quadra headshot. Especially on riders who are 30m or more away me. I remember that one tripple headshot that was immediately followed by 2 clan offers and a few "cheater" cries. Also those moments where I take down heavy plated inf in melee with about 10 consecutive hits because they cant block for shit.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 02:11:23 am »
+25
Strat siege and chadz is on the defending side (he wanted to test some new shit), as was I, at that time chadz was playing as an xbower.

The enemy had a catapult and they destroyed a wall, which was bugged (as always  :twisted: ) . I was running here and there when in all of a

sudden, a saw chadz trying to reload his xbow next to the bugged wall, when I saw that, my mind and my hands lusted for a kick which would not

only stop his reload, but send him down from the wall near a lot of enemies..

Next thing I knew is that I was banned for 3 days for griefing  :lol:

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:51 am »
+2
My proudest moment on cavalry was on that one field/ruins map with the circular ruined tower with a huge ravine in the middle of it. Well, the last guy left on the enemy team was delaying at the very bottom of the pit. I distinctly remember typing "HERE I CUM ASSMOTHERFUCK", riding my Desert Horse at full speed, jumping into the pit, and landing directly onto the last delaying guy.

That was my proudest moment.