Author Topic: Sick to my stomach  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Valkyrja
  • Game nicks: Valkyrja_Randgrid
Re: Sick to my stomach
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »
I never said that you're a communist. My first impression of you was that you're american. I know you have been following me, downvoting my every post. Never seen russian doing that...
Sorry man. I minused only posts  i was disagree with. It was pretty stupid of me. Should post answers instead. But was too lazy. And i didn't tracked your posts lol... I just used "unreaded posts" forum function...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2013, 03:48:42 pm »
+2
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2013, 04:17:43 pm »
Ye gods, i believe i may have gotten more out of this thread than i bargained for :lol:

Should have closed it 6 pages ago. :rolleyes:

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2013, 12:32:12 am »
Ahahahah.. it's just lol. I am not communist at all, even if i am russian!  :D
And i don't try to make Stalin innocent! But listen tales about hundred millions of murdered people its really funny! I don't care if it's "western propaganda" legacy of dr. Goebbels, or naiveness, or deliberate slander... but it definitly funny!
"What I am saying is look, you know communists like to blur the true opposition to communism, they like to call everyone who opposes them fascists..." - Slavoj Zizek

Anyone who doesn't agree on 20 million people is denying genocide.  Anyone who agrees with 20 million is naive.  Anyone who thinks that Stalin is responsible for more than 20 million is likely to be correct.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2013, 01:18:37 am »
"What I am saying is look, you know communists like to blur the true opposition to communism, they like to call everyone who opposes them fascists..." - Slavoj Zizek

Anyone who doesn't agree on 20 million people is denying genocide.  Anyone who agrees with 20 million is naive.  Anyone who thinks that Stalin is responsible for more than 20 million is likely to be correct.

Good points. Also, anyone thinking many more than Stalin alone are responsible (not decreasing his own reponsibility of course) is right. Much like naz1 that operated execution camps etc.

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2013, 08:01:02 am »

Empty words. As always. No proves, no evidences, no documents, nothing but catchy numbers and catchy words!

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
dr. Goebbels - the teacher of modern propaganda systems!

Go believe lies they feed you.  Do not even try to find out the truth to break delusions! Its always easier to live in ingorance and let others think for you! :rolleyes:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2013, 08:05:29 am »
Empty words. As always. No proves, no evidences, no documents, nothing but catchy numbers and catchy words!

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
dr. Goebbels - the teacher of modern propaganda systems!

Go believe lies they feed you.  Do not even try to find out the truth to break delusions! Its always easier to live in ingorance and let others think for you! :rolleyes:
Guess what? Right back at you!

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2013, 08:14:08 am »
Guess what? Right back at you!
If you have nothing more to say better keep silence. You have only empty words without any evidences of millions innocent executed people, I am sure you didn't even tried to find out real numbers. Why? Its better to believe in things, and its very pleasing and it matching to your opinion. I don't blame you...

Only thing i wonder that most of you are too young people to have so rigid minds without urge not to believe in any shit without checking. Laziness, ingoranance. Generation-next!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:20:32 am by Firebrand »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2013, 09:13:35 am »
It does take a special kind of moron to believe that you alone live in some sort of enlightened bubble of information.
I could probably look up the KGB documents with the actual "death lists" and regional "repression quotas", but, nah, you're not worth the bother.

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2013, 09:35:58 am »
It does take a special kind of moron to believe that you alone live in some sort of enlightened bubble of information.
I could probably look up the KGB documents with the actual "death lists" and regional "repression quotas", but, nah, you're not worth the bother.
Why you keep posting showing your ignorance? Is it your butthurt make you post bullcrap? What KGB documents are you talking about? "Death lists"... If you mean NKVD documents so i did read them, and not only me, but any person who want to find out truth. "Regional quotas"? Not sure what u mean. But yes i read lists of prisoners in camps. And yes i can show you numbers of them in any camp for any year in range of 1921-1953. I can show you ignorant boy whole number of prisoners of Gulag system for every year! More of that i can show you percent of deaths in those camps for every year! But does it matter for you and your rigid and narrow mind? Nah i don't think so. You will still scream on right and on left your pathetic words. All these numbers are confirmed by human rights organization about victims of repressions. You can find in sources each camp, its history, numbers of prisoners and personal. Not only camp but ИТК, поселения и прочие учреждения. Go and see it yourself.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2013, 09:57:24 am »
Why you keep posting showing your ignorance? Is it your butthurt make you post bullcrap? What KGB documents are you talking about? "Death lists"... If you mean NKVD documents so i did read them, and not only me, but any person who want to find out truth. "Regional quotas"? Not sure what u mean. But yes i read lists of prisoners in camps. And yes i can show you numbers of them in any camp for any year in range of 1921-1953. I can show you ignorant boy whole number of prisoners of Gulag system for every year! More of that i can show you percent of deaths in those camps for every year! But does it matter for you and your rigid and narrow mind? Nah i don't think so. You will still scream on right and on left your pathetic words. All these numbers are confirmed by human rights organization about victims of repressions. You can find in sources each camp, its history, numbers of prisoners and personal. Not only camp but ИТК, поселения и прочие учреждения. Go and see it yourself.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Firebrand

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Chooser of slain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2013, 10:08:49 am »
http://www.great-country.ru/rubrika_articles/stalin/00067.html

• Stalingrad – станция метро в Париже, Франция,
• Place Stalingrad – название площадей во французских городах Бордо, Пюто (пригород Парижа),
• Rue de Stalingrad – название улиц во французских городах Гренобль, Лимож, Мюлуз, Париж (в том числе в департаменте Сен-Дени в составе Большого Парижа), Сартрувиль, Тулуза,
• Allee de Stalingrad – аллея в Париже,
• Boulevard de Stalingrad – название бульваров во Французских городах Лион и Ницца,
• Place de la Bataille-de-Stalingrad – площадь в Париже,
• Rue de la Bataille-de-Stalingrad – улица в Нанте, Франция,
• Avenue Stalingrad / Stalingradlaan – авеню в Брюсселе, Бельгия,
• Via Stalingrado – улица в Милане, Италия

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2013, 08:09:08 pm »
+2
Oh yes, continue this little shitstorm about "how many people did soviets killed"/"they didn't MURDERED anyone, those were just casual CASUALTIES of WAR", "Stalingrad was a huge epic battle that saved best country USSR country", but honestly, I couldn't care less.
Yes, victory under Stalingrad pushed back Germans and probably saved USSR and shortened the war.

Battle itself was not only of a huge strategic importance (It was Soviet Union's 3rd biggest city at this time), but it was also a "duel" between Hi.tler and Stalin. N.azi leader hoped to capture the city and demand a peace treaty with Stalin after embarassing him with taking a city named after him, but because he was already going nuts his campaing failed.

So, it gave Stalin enough of prestige to demand entire eastern europe to be given into his influence in 1945 conference, including my country (while never part of USSR, Polish government was heavily controlled from Moscow), and thats a bad thing.

While many soldiers (Not most of them I believe) definetly died out of patriotism, I don't doubt that MANY would've gladly given up uncle stalin for uncle hit.ler, because HIT.LER didn't had a special divisions BEHIND his army lines to stop any deserters. Oh, patriotism fades? Don't worry, our NKVD batallions will bring back your motivation!

Randgrid, you keep talking something about soviets murdering a lot of people. While for sure many of those numbers are too big, they're still colossal.
Only poles died due to soviets occupation can be counted in 150 000 people, including 15 000 - 20 000 of our intelligentsia just in Katyn. (had to point it out because I'm a polack)
USSR citizens killed during entire Stalin's regime time: AT LEAST 20 Millions if not more. Sources? Oh I have a lot of time for that.

"There are basically two schools of thought when it comes to the number who died at Stalin's hands. There's the "Why doesn't anyone realize that communism is the absolutely worst thing ever to hit the human race, without exception, even worse than both world wars, the slave trade and bubonic plague all put together?" school, and there's the "Come on, stop exaggerating. The truth is horrifying enough without you pulling numbers out of thin air" school." Lovely quote isn't it?

Starting with name you mentioned before, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, in his works estimates killed during Stalin's regime (get used to that word, I'm going to overuse it) for 60 millions. And not just the 2WW, I mean the times after Lenins death and Stalins takeover, and years AFTER the war.
Norman Davies, one of my favourite historians, estimates killed for around 55 millions, excluding WW2 losses, so more-or-less its 37 millions pre WW2 and 17 millions after WW2 untill 1953
Rudolph Rummel Gives an estimate of 62 millions, including famine victims (Lethal Politics: Soviet Genocide and Mass Murder since 1917 - great book)
William Cockerham gives a number of to 50 millions and more, as many people were often called "missing"
Now, mind you, those are people who talk BIG numbers. To be fair I'll also list those who point out lesser amounts.
Though, its interesting how people giving us Lower Numbers often limit themselves only to certain periods...

Alec Nove, while only limiting himself to 30's, estimates killed during Stalins regime of that time to around 10 millions
Hm. I honestly thought I'd find more examples/sources, but apparently most people belong in the Big Number category, which tells a lot. So a median would be, what... 20-30 millions. Nice score, but not even close to Mao.
Also, from official soviet estimates, around 20-25 millions died during "Great Patriotic War" only, most being civilians.

All caused by madness of one person with unlimited power, paranoic leader who was SURE that everyone was after him, megalomaniac whose ideals caused death of untold millions.
Who was a very good billiard player, I have to admit.

And let me clarify: I'm from Poland, I hate pretty much everything but above all I hate denying the truth/facts that are OBVIOUS by propaganda-spoiled brains or just simple ignorance, or even lack of knowledge. None of that justifies being a screamer in history threads.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:25:49 am by TR_UtherPendragon »
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:26 am »
+1
Here's a nice graph to go with your post:

(Graph by R.J. Rummel)

Note that this graph spans the twentieth century.  Stalin's period counts for over 20 million.
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE4.HTM

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s