Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47294 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2013, 10:52:30 pm »
Its not that we are 1 gazillion and they are 40 people, we are just not interested in fighting them. Otherwise there is a 20 member clan right next to our territory, we are also not interested in fighting them. As some of you might disagree but we are not burning with the passion of world domination. We have only one enemy and I don't see Shu Han as enemy, I see it as a technical difficulty and I'm not saying it out of arrogance.
Then don't fight them, don't help the Crusaders, don't bribe neutral clans into fighting them, just fucking don't enter the whole mess unless you're a Crusader or a member of Shu Han, you and coalition need to get the hell out of the war.
I don't understand one thing here, do you want us to steamroll people or not? In one post you indirectly accuse us as being wuss for not steamrolling and few posts later you accuse us as being dicks for steamrolling 40 player clan.
I'd prefer you either hurrying up (more than one battle per day, ain't asking for a hundred, but at least two or three, we both know you got more than enough troops) and purely fighting UIF while letting Crusader Alliance deal with Shu Han (not like UIF is on an offensive, so Shu Han would only be a slight pain in the ass to one side of your bloc and you would let that one side deal with Shu Han), or just hurrying the fuck up and allout attacking UIF with everything and getting it over with, or just fucking disbanding. I want you to either steamroll (and do it fast) the people you made and kept Eastern going to fight, and then disband, or just disbanding, regardlessly you should only steamroll the people you made your fucking bloc to steamroll, otherwise you're not better than UIF in ANY fucking way.
Wait two things : If you have problem with people who are forming up mega blocs why do you keep signing up for UIF then? this is probably the only round that their mega bloc have failed due to their technical difficulties.
I myself don't really sign up for UIF, if I do it then it is because I'd like some exp, like playing in strat battles on occasion (real battles not two 100 man armies with no ts, no organisation, and max 10 mercs in total), and know that a guy who has 0ath, 0ps, 0wpf in any melee skill and is neither an archer, a crossbowman got no hopes of getting into a battle while only signing for the group that can easily fill their rosters with no difficulties whatsoever, and even when I do sign then I myself lead a tiny clan, I don't have many friends in bigger clans, I know how it feels to lose things I should have won because I was not capable of getting a proper roster, and I do believe that considering mercing for someone a hostile act (somewhat depends on the context and the amount though).
You know what I don't even know what you are talking about, sorry.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:29 pm »
Teeth there is nowhere near 100 active templars we all know those numbers mean nothing, you attacked us and alpha asked for aid, you knew what would happen, just sit back and have some fun
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2013, 11:10:37 pm »
+9
Who put on repeat? :?
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »
Who put on repeat? :?
I believe someone forgot to unpress it after Strat 1, just changing some roles every once and then. Not less entertaining than 2 years ago though

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2013, 11:43:24 pm »
+11
Battle Map, Over Yalen Territories

(click to show/hide)

More maps will be posted in the future. No drama over the maps please.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #305 on: February 08, 2013, 12:01:29 am »

I never in my life thought i would ever find myself in agreement with smoothrich. but he's right on this one. we all look terrible when tomas screams at people on the forums.

Curtis - just because you find any sentence with more than 4 words difficult and consider it "screaming" doesn't mean everybody else does :P

I do agree I've posted too much here though.  I'm Fallen_Tomas and i'm addicted to forum wars :D

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2013, 12:41:36 am »
Curtis - just because you find any sentence with more than 4 words difficult and consider it "screaming" doesn't mean everybody else does :P

I do agree I've posted too much here though.  I'm Fallen_Tomas and i'm addicted to forum wars :D

Welcome Tomas  :D

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2013, 12:41:48 am »
+10
Just finished reading through all these pages. In between replacing my bullshit-detector several times I almost choked to death laughing. So many Strat experts giving us their collective wisdom on how to wipe inactive and terribly weak UIF in no-time. Right.

Between Grey Order and Druzhina alone are 50.000 tickets that need killing, behind huge stone walls. Our last survey is already around two month old, so numbers were lower. But even then we estimated (a somewhat optimistic estimate) that wiping Druzhina alone would require 100.000-150.000 tickets and 75+ million gold. Based on average losses against heavily defended fiefs of 1/3 more than the defender loses. If anyone thinks you can really take a well stocked castle or city, defended by a player faction which knows their strat, in one go or even get consistently 1:1 or better K/Ds you have no clue about Strat at all. Maybe some people should take the reaility of the current Strat mechanics into consideration before they so graciously advise us with their brilliant plans how best to press the "I win" button.

Which leads me to the next funny fact. How many of you dick waving forum strategists have ever tried what we are trying? Taking down a faction the size, skill and with the resources of Grey Order or Druzhina have? No one, not even the UIF itself. Apart from the Strat 1 grand templar feast, which was pushover more akin to looting a corpse then fighting a war, all UIF ever did (with the exception of the DRZvsFCC war in  Strat2) is roflstomping isolated weaker foes with overwhelming numbers and resources (f.e. DRZ&friends vs Mercs in Strat 3).

And of course there is the issue with the UIF running their trade and their armies with the help of organised large scale cheating. For all we know this has been going on for two years. Way to go!

The Shu Han issue is less black and white than our resident forum warriors make it out to be. After Occitan decided to go back to NA and the entire area from Yalen to Veluca was basically up for grabs without a fight, we warned the Templars not to grab all these fiefs, maybe except for holding the city and Marras Castle, not primarily because we are so kind hearted, but because they were overextending thereby reducing their overall efficiency and just looked greedy. We did help Shu Han set up in the old Bashi lands, talked to our allies to leave them in peace (some were a bit itchy about so many of them being former Nords), gave them the village we had in the area, told them they are welcome to buy gear in our lands, turned a blind eye to them trading with DRZ, after all we could not give them an alternative with our s&d already allocated, and made a NAP with them. Around one week before this war started I was talking with Bagge on Steam about future possibilities, we even touched the subject of the Templar lands, and if us being in an alliance with them was not enough to predict our reaction it should have been clear after this chat. We are still not hellbent on destroying you, but we won't let an attack on our ally go unanswered, not only because we need them against our enemies, but also on principle. We would be pretty shitty allies if we did not help after being asked. That said, like always we tried to consider all possibilities and entertained the thought to let you two duke it out for a while. Although it would have been rather unbalanced, and not in the Templars favour.

I really don't expect any of the resident heroes to even try to look at what is going on with a more realistic approach and a less biased black&white attitude, but in the end we don't really give a fuck about what anyone of you writes or thinks anyway.  :wink:

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2013, 02:04:57 am »
+2
Between Grey Order and Druzhina alone are 50.000 tickets that need killing, behind huge stone walls. Our last survey is already around two month old, so numbers were lower. But even then we estimated (a somewhat optimistic estimate) that wiping Druzhina alone would require 100.000-150.000 tickets and 75+ million gold. Based on average losses against heavily defended fiefs of 1/3 more than the defender loses. If anyone thinks you can really take a well stocked castle or city, defended by a player faction which knows their strat, in one go or even get consistently 1:1 or better K/Ds you have no clue about Strat at all. Maybe some people should take the reaility of the current Strat mechanics into consideration before they so graciously advise us with their brilliant plans how best to press the "I win" button.

SO...
Basically, You have to grind out your gold to get your full masterwork armies together to attack UIF, who, admittedly, can barely fill their rosters so they have to accept whoever they can. While doing so, you allow no clans use any S/D of yours and limit clans not part of this group to using S/D from enemies because that's it.

Ok, First thing that UIF used to do. Check.

Which leads me to the next funny fact. How many of you dick waving forum strategists have ever tried what we are trying? Taking down a faction the size, skill and with the resources of Grey Order or Druzhina have? No one, not even the UIF itself. Apart from the Strat 1 grand templar feast, which was pushover more akin to looting a corpse then fighting a war, all UIF ever did (with the exception of the DRZvsFCC war in  Strat2) is roflstomping isolated weaker foes with overwhelming numbers and resources (f.e. DRZ&friends vs Mercs in Strat 3).

And of course there is the issue with the UIF running their trade and their armies with the help of organised large scale cheating. For all we know this has been going on for two years. Way to go!

Thus so said the UIF back in the day. Who has ever attempted to destroy a larger(perceived though it may have been) down. What people fail to remember is that at that strat, FALLEN was in fact a second block(between Templar/Fallen) before the UIF formed. UIF and Fallen fought at end of 1, going into a stalemate. Strat 3, you guys would have NO DOUBT attempted this then if not for the fact that Fallen attempted to HOLD na Lands and NA clans said HELL NO, and drove OUT the Fallen leaving the UIF coalition down to CA, CFA, MERCS, and KAPI who all eventually migrated to NA, where they acted like immovable rocks and did shit all nothing(save CA).

Also I like your example from Strat 2, which was a NA vs EU war and an NA clan did damn good job holding their own against all mighty DRZ.(Ping matters, yes, but that's only 1 part of the equation)

The Shu Han issue is less black and white than our resident forum warriors make it out to be. After Occitan decided to go back to NA and the entire area from Yalen to Veluca was basically up for grabs without a fight, we warned the Templars not to grab all these fiefs, maybe except for holding the city and Marras Castle, not primarily because we are so kind hearted, but because they were overextending thereby reducing their overall efficiency and just looked greedy. We did help Shu Han set up in the old Bashi lands, talked to our allies to leave them in peace (some were a bit itchy about so many of them being former Nords), gave them the village we had in the area, told them they are welcome to buy gear in our lands, turned a blind eye to them trading with DRZ, after all we could not give them an alternative with our s&d already allocated, and made a NAP with them. Around one week before this war started I was talking with Bagge on Steam about future possibilities, we even touched the subject of the Templar lands, and if us being in an alliance with them was not enough to predict our reaction it should have been clear after this chat. We are still not hellbent on destroying you, but we won't let an attack on our ally go unanswered, not only because we need them against our enemies, but also on principle. We would be pretty shitty allies if we did not help after being asked. That said, like always we tried to consider all possibilities and entertained the thought to let you two duke it out for a while. Although it would have been rather unbalanced, and not in the Templars favour.

BOLDED part: Well their we go. Eastern Bloc is UIF cause they can't do shit while not having 1 clan(who in your own words, over extended) fight their own war.

I really don't expect any of the resident heroes to even try to look at what is going on with a more realistic approach and a less biased black&white attitude, but in the end we don't really give a fuck about what anyone of you writes or thinks anyway.  :wink:

And, yup they don't care cause they spent 3 strat's not having a UIF so now that they got it, they don't want to let it go.

And before you say anything, NA is forming their own UIF now. But will it REALLY stay that way? Who knows, polictics are a rather stagnant affair in strat. No one bothers to do anything different.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2013, 02:09:52 am »
Actually, Templars don't allow people to use the enemies S and D either.  They put up gankers to stop NA to EU desert trade by attacking our players who wanted to use DRZ's s and d that is being completley wasted otherwise.  Why?  "BECAUSE YOU CANNOT TRADE WITH OUR ENEMIES."  All they are doing is making sure less fun is to be had by smaller clans who need to risk shit to get gold.  Hero Party would prefer to have 4/5 of NA painted our color to trade across vast distances like EU, but we are pretty boxed in here and the NA map is small, so DRZ was a great location.  But it would be against these guys M.O. to allow anyone besides themselves to play the game.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2013, 03:40:44 am »
+4
Why?  "BECAUSE YOU CANNOT TRADE WITH OUR ENEMIES." 

How dare someone in a wargame have a legitimate excuse and not want their enemies to have any traders?! Damned Templar scumbags, being jerks in a wargame and attacking traders.

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #311 on: February 08, 2013, 03:46:30 am »
+3
Battle Map, Over Yalen Territories

(click to show/hide)

More maps will be posted in the future. No drama over the maps please.

forgot the attack on Yalen?
Turtles

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2013, 04:23:47 am »
+2
SO...
Basically, You have to grind out your gold to get your full masterwork armies together to attack UIF, who, admittedly, can barely fill their rosters so they have to accept whoever they can. While doing so, you allow no clans use any S/D of yours and limit clans not part of this group to using S/D from enemies because that's it.

Ok, First thing that UIF used to do. Check.

UIF has nice rosters. We allow plenty of clans to use our S&D, but when it is all allocated it is all allocated. Forcing clans to use enemies S&D? We should be the ones having an interest in no one trading with our enemies. Which is completely normal. You are not making any sense here at all.

Thus so said the UIF back in the day. Who has ever attempted to destroy a larger(perceived though it may have been) down. What people fail to remember is that at that strat, FALLEN was in fact a second block(between Templar/Fallen) before the UIF formed. UIF and Fallen fought at end of 1, going into a stalemate. Strat 3, you guys would have NO DOUBT attempted this then if not for the fact that Fallen attempted to HOLD na Lands and NA clans said HELL NO, and drove OUT the Fallen leaving the UIF coalition down to CA, CFA, MERCS, and KAPI who all eventually migrated to NA, where they acted like immovable rocks and did shit all nothing(save CA).

Also I like your example from Strat 2, which was a NA vs EU war and an NA clan did damn good job holding their own against all mighty DRZ.(Ping matters, yes, but that's only 1 part of the equation)

Sounds like you did not play in the previous two Strat rounds. Our downfall in Strat 3 had nothing to do with your "NA pride". It was plotted by an EU guy from an EU faction and mostly executed by Bashibazouks. The NA opposition was at that time down to a single village.

FCCvsDRZ was not a EUvsNA war. DRZ had CHAOS at their side and FCC was supported massively by us, basically with everything we had to stop DRZ. Later on the Greys stepped in and forced a retreat and shortly before the round ended prematurely Nebun threatened us to let them fight FCC without our help or he would bring in all his friends. Again you have no clue.

BOLDED part: Well their we go. Eastern Bloc is UIF cause they can't do shit while not having 1 clan(who in your own words, over extended) fight their own war.

I think can leave this one standing without any further comment, seriously please stop emberassing yourself.  :wink:

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2013, 04:53:09 am »
+14
Turtles

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2013, 05:15:39 am »
UIF has nice rosters. We allow plenty of clans to use our S&D, but when it is all allocated it is all allocated. Forcing clans to use enemies S&D? We should be the ones having an interest in no one trading with our enemies. Which is completely normal. You are not making any sense here at all.

Sounds like you did not play in the previous two Strat rounds. Our downfall in Strat 3 had nothing to do with your "NA pride". It was plotted by an EU guy from an EU faction and mostly executed by Bashibazouks. The NA opposition was at that time down to a single village.

FCCvsDRZ was not a EUvsNA war. DRZ had CHAOS at their side and FCC was supported massively by us, basically with everything we had to stop DRZ. Later on the Greys stepped in and forced a retreat and shortly before the round ended prematurely Nebun threatened us to let them fight FCC without our help or he would bring in all his friends. Again you have no clue.

I think can leave this one standing without any further comment, seriously please stop emberassing yourself.  :wink:

I've been playing strat longer than almost anyone in this game. I was in the pre-pre-pre beta strat. Long before there was even a templar block.

It's just funny watching the new UIF defend their policies when for THREE strats they were doing this same thing this same bullshit against DRZ. What I say doesn't affect anyone, nor will it change peoples minds.

Per rosters:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/shu-han-declares-war-on-the-infamous-crusader-alliance/msg718853/#msg718853

They said it, not me.

And I don't care if YOU think I'm being embaressed, rogue. I'm not EU, and I don't give a damn what you guys think. You're all idiots, and every single EU ruined strat. Simple enough.

And NA doesn't do much better, but I really don't care. People don't play strat for fun, not like how it started, it got to serious, to quickly. It's just funny how everyone on NA is A or B, even this little war(SHU HAN V CA) went from a Vietnam era type war, to a WWII scenario.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:17:25 am by Lt_Anders »