Author Topic: Fix archer-weight  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Fix archer-weight
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »
+1
I'd like to add "particularly in greater numbers" to my previous post. Archers and xbowmen sticking together on a hill become a machinegun. Mass melee does not transform into a combine harvester.
i like how you put that into words.  :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2013, 06:07:05 pm »
+4
I'd like to add "particularly in greater numbers" to my previous post. Archers and xbowmen sticking together on a hill become a machinegun. Mass melee does not transform into a combine harvester.

Who is bitter now? I've seen a group of shielders + shieldless behind them take a group of archers/xbows many many times.

So what are you after now? Anytime more than 3 ranged are within 20 feet of each other they begin losing health until they separate or die? Limit class numbers on the server? "Server message: There are already too many my old friendchers spawned in, remove your bow or xbow from equipment list or wait until next round."

5 archers grouped together can't even come close to 5 cavalry raping and pillaging through them. A horse or two may go down, but in the end 5 archers are dead and 5 cavalry are alive with half of them still riding and the the others whistling for a new mount.

I would hope that "beta tester" means "checks for bugs", but it is increasingly clear from the game changes that it means "lobbyist in chief" with an inordinate influence on the developers decisions.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1283
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »
+1
You have no idea how many archers/ranged play on EU1 these last weeks. I've been on NA1 a week ago at prime time and there was no archers compared to EU servers.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »
+2
Not to mentiod we have some véry dedicated and skilled archers.n :|
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2013, 07:47:01 pm »
+1
You have no idea how many archers/ranged play on EU1 these last weeks. I've been on NA1 a week ago at prime time and there was no archers compared to EU servers.

3 out of 48 this morning.

edit: 7 out of 69 just now, 6 of which where in the same team.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:54:26 pm by Adamar »

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2013, 09:27:49 pm »
3 out of 48 this morning.

edit: 7 out of 69 just now, 6 of which where in the same team.

About the ratio I saw when I went over there as well. Methinks the "archer plague" on EU is greatly exaggerated.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2013, 11:52:03 pm »
+1
I suggested speeding up agi shielders instead in the past but I guess it was more reasonable to make arrows weigh a few tons *shrug*..

http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/shield-requirement-overhaul/msg643947/

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:07 am »
+1
I suggested speeding up agi shielders instead in the past but I guess it was more reasonable to make arrows weigh a few tons *shrug*..

http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/shield-requirement-overhaul/msg643947/

Archers shouldn't be able to kite agi characters that don't have a shield either.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:39 am »
+1
Archers shouldn't be able to kite agi characters that don't have a shield either.

Agi characters without a shield don't have a piece of equipment that can have movement penalty removed.  :idea:

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2013, 06:34:33 am »
Agi characters without a shield don't have a piece of equipment that can have movement penalty removed.  :idea:

If I have 9 ath and am wearing rags, archers shouldn't be leaving me in the dust that I know have less ath.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2013, 09:34:55 am »
:o
They never could. 

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2013, 09:41:08 am »
+1
If I have 9 ath and am wearing rags, archers shouldn't be leaving me in the dust that I know have less ath.

Because archers have magic fairy dust that make them fly?

The fuck are you talking about? The code that says If Archer then make faster than Oprah?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:41 am »
Because archers have magic fairy dust that make them fly?

The fuck are you talking about? The code that says If Archer then make faster than Oprah?

Maybe the code that doesn't reduce their athletics by weapon length, despite the rus/longbow being as long as them?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2013, 10:43:57 am »
+1
So having a slow-draw bow means you should move slower? Nice ballance there.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2013, 01:00:13 pm »
So having a slow-draw bow means you should move slower? Nice ballance there.

People with pikes in their hands move significantly slower than with say a short 2h of the same weight.

Who is bitter now? I've seen a group of shielders + shieldless behind them take a group of archers/xbows many many times.

I remember balanced (read shield and shieldless) melee teams winning against archers at round end when outnumbering said archers 2 for 1. You gotta throw some meat in to protect the rest.

So what are you after now? Anytime more than 3 ranged are within 20 feet of each other they begin losing health until they separate or die? Limit class numbers on the server? "Server message: There are already too many my old friendchers spawned in, remove your bow or xbow from equipment list or wait until next round."

No, I'm only saying there's maybe a problem with ranged camping a hill in battle. I didn't suggest anything to "fix" it.

5 archers grouped together can't even come close to 5 cavalry raping and pillaging through them. A horse or two may go down, but in the end 5 archers are dead and 5 cavalry are alive with half of them still riding and the the others whistling for a new mount.

The moment said 5 cavalry start going up the 30% slope all archers are camping on, all horses and some riders die. Not mentioning trees, rocks, fences, roofs and whatnot. Cavalry cannot choose where the machinegun was deployed.

I would hope that "beta tester" means "checks for bugs", but it is increasingly clear from the game changes that it means "lobbyist in chief" with an inordinate influence on the developers decisions.

I think archery in siege is fine as it is now. I would rather see battlemode tweaked than changing the way archery works. Also, I personally did not had any influence over any of the balance changes made since the beginning of this mod. I suggested many things and pointed at many "problems" (depends on your perspective of course), this doesn't mean I, or anybody being vocal on this forum, had any significant influence. Hell, I never had a direct talk with any of the unbalance team members I know, and with the amount of arguing I do, I doubt they would listen anyway.