Author Topic: Fix archer-weight  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
Re: Fix archer-weight
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2013, 05:12:08 am »
If I have 9 ath and am wearing rags, archers shouldn't be leaving me in the dust that I know have less ath.

they never could. If your refering to me it's a simple matter of weight, and you would have less so i don't see your point.

the least amount of weight i would have for example is 9.1

so if you had more athletics than me, and less weight then that concludes the discussion into that your clearly overexaggerating.

----------------------------------

I got a fun forummail today after playing on EU_1 from an angry russian, felt it would fit well in this thread. I feel it represent most of the angry crowd in here.

from Simon_Templar
"Ass long ass you can run away from shielders everything is fine. Runing away from cav is unrealistic. becouse you cant. and you will die then when your melees failt. so it is pretty match balanced."

I just ran around his horse when he was trying to make his destrier spin on the spot. I think he's trying to say that if he's on a horse i should instantly die.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:15:18 am by Aderyn »
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2013, 06:13:32 am »
they never could. If your refering to me it's a simple matter of weight, and you would have less so i don't see your point.

the least amount of weight i would have for example is 9.1

so if you had more athletics than me, and less weight then that concludes the discussion into that your clearly overexaggerating.

15/27 padded leather, blue hood, plate mittens, rus cav boots, longsword = 9 ath and .3 more weight then you, and yet you and other archers were able to leave me in the dust. The thing that I don't think you understand is that the LENGTH of a weapon slows you down. So the fact that a bow has no length in this calculation makes you faster then an agi melee build.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2013, 06:25:52 am »
+3
Oddly enough my 12/27 shielder builds have always been able to run archers into the ground.  :|
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:05 am »
15/27 padded leather, blue hood, plate mittens, rus cav boots, longsword = 9 ath and .3 more weight then you, and yet you and other archers were able to leave me in the dust. The thing that I don't think you understand is that the LENGTH of a weapon slows you down. So the fact that a bow has no length in this calculation makes you faster then an agi melee build.

well, i'm pretty good at spotting the agibuilds since they chase me down and let me tell you that they sure as hell can catch up to me and run the same speed or more. if they decide to run with their weapon out when their sole plan is to chase an archer seems somewhat stupid.

If you wanna add weaponlength ontop of this weightnerf your out of your mind, BUT if your trying to say revert weightnerf and add weaponlength instead i would actually agree with you. Silly the length wasn't accounted for earlier.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2013, 08:01:47 am »
well, i'm pretty good at spotting the agibuilds since they chase me down and let me tell you that they sure as hell can catch up to me and run the same speed or more. if they decide to run with their weapon out when their sole plan is to chase an archer seems somewhat stupid.

If you wanna add weaponlength ontop of this weightnerf your out of your mind, BUT if your trying to say revert weightnerf and add weaponlength instead i would actually agree with you. Silly the length wasn't accounted for earlier.

This was a response to San's post that making agi shielders faster would have been a better fix. I wasn't looking for more nerfs.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2013, 10:26:31 am »
This was a response to San's post that making agi shielders faster would have been a better fix. I wasn't looking for more nerfs.

gotcha =)

Agishielders are quite fast already tho aren't they? Their main problem is shieldweight as far as my calculations have gone - it's why i wasn't afraid of shielders unless they had 9-11 ath pre-patch. Simply because their shield was heavier than my entire equipment.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:02 pm »
The kiting nerf was long overdue, it was broken and overpowered, but an increase in missile speed and accuracy would've been a nice buff instead, in my opinion. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »
The kiting nerf was long overdue, it was broken and overpowered, but an increase in missile speed and accuracy would've been a nice buff instead, in my opinion. :)

Well i disagree about the numbers (shik?) put in, wich was double +2 weight. bodkins used to be 2.5, they are now 7. Arrows 5, now 10. Not to mention bowweights doubled... x.x

Only nerf called for would be weaponlength imo.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2013, 03:19:03 pm »
I also got a message from that weird guy and I have no idea what he is talking about...

"Normally you woud have a pavese shield and a one hand weapon. fuck slot system also. so when you use a Op 2 hand it is own fault by makeing it like this that you cant run away."

Can anybody translate that to something that makes sense? I guess he was mad at me because I ran away as I always do lately? But still I dont quite understand what he means...

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »
Pure 100% archery should be a support, not a able2dealwithallsituations class, like before. I dunno man, archer/melee hybrid right now is sorta cool and really shows some skill(from personal experience).  Kiting lots of meleeguys down at the end of the round doesnt show shit, besides the love for anabuttsex.

Its good to see archers acctually using tactics aswell. Before it was every archer on different hill and shooting not caring about the world, while their meleeteammates were at the other side of the map. Cause they knew the archers can take care of danger easly. Now I see archers trying to be more accurate at their shots, make their moves count and request more meleeassistance. Game became lots more fun and tactical after the archers were slowed. Cant say archery is a weak class like you claim. They are weaker than before yes, but still pretty damn annoying and deadly, but in a reasonable ammount. Im happy with how the things currently are.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:58:48 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2013, 08:33:15 pm »
Im not, hibrid archery as it is is only justifiable at really high levels.
Pure 100% archery should be a support, not a able2dealwithallsituations class, like before.

It wasn't, that's why people resorted to avoiding phisical contact at all costs.
The solution would have been to make hibrids better, not harder, so that people could fight instead of kite, like in native.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2013, 08:56:46 pm »
+2
Making agi shielders slightly faster (aka closer to shieldless speeds) help since they already carry light and shorter weapons. They may not be able to chase prenerf archers with no effort, but it would help and is better than the odd weight increases.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2013, 01:27:18 am »
+1
Im not, hibrid archery as it is is only justifiable at really high levels.
It wasn't, that's why people resorted to avoiding phisical contact at all costs.
The solution would have been to make hibrids better, not harder, so that people could fight instead of kite, like in native.

Naah. I started kicking ass in lvl 25. That is true people avoided physical contact at all costs, but in sorta way that archers really didnt need much outside help from teammates. If you have a 50 player team and only like 10 people can catch the 20 very fast and accurate archers from other team that will most definately kite your shield into pieces or shoot you full of holes, it gets sorta OP(that does happen). Now its still like that, exept the kiting part. Now archers need to work together with infantry to survive. Something was wrong with the old system. Having fun as melee player now and ive had quite a bit of fun as archer aswell.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:18 am »
Naah. I started kicking ass in lvl 25. That is true people avoided physical contact at all costs, but in sorta way that archers really didnt need much outside help from teammates. If you have a 50 player team and only like 10 people can catch the 20 very fast and accurate archers from other team that will most definately kite your shield into pieces or shoot you full of holes, it gets sorta OP(that does happen). Now its still like that, exept the kiting part. Now archers need to work together with infantry to survive. Something was wrong with the old system. Having fun as melee player now and ive had quite a bit of fun as archer aswell.

20 archers on one team and only 10 with high agi/cav?

exaggerate much?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:51 am »

No, archers always needed help from teammates, but dedicated meleers generaly dont give a crap about that sort of thing. Getting gaked by cav isn't pretty. And archery itself only starts becoming efficient at lvl 25, the hibrid part takes 9 or 10 more skill points. And you still need to sacrifice your ranged capability(nerf) to dump 7 or 8 points into athletics. The only thing wrong with the old system was the pure-build centred gameplay that drove archers to kite and meleers to give up alternatives like shields and throwing. Now we have that, exept ranged are supposed to fight in melee with a broken build. So things may seem fine to you if you're not an archer.

Im still waiting for a fix, The last one was a funny joke, but lets move on with the game plz.