Author Topic: cRPG Clan League  (Read 23967 times)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: cRPG Clan League
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 05:30:51 pm »
Sorry to be a cunt but how the hell are u expecting to hold a ladder when everyone is joining deserters-mercs-byzantium??

Because even the Guards are able to pull together 8 players.  :lol:

Tizz & Tomas did their homework before this kicked off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Ozan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Sultan_Ozan
  • IRC nick: Ozan
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 05:55:34 pm »
+2
Hi Friends ;) Kapikulu will join this event ;)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 06:41:46 pm »
lol so an 8v8 will be 6 infantry, 1 ranged 1 cavalry.

that's not enough man, tactics completely revolve around ranged and cavalry, just infantry will be boring as hell.

make it maximum 50% of any one class,

or if it's an 8v8 tourny, make it maximum 3/8 of any one class, therefore, 3 inf 3 ranged 2 cav, etc
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 07:05:46 pm »
lol so an 8v8 will be 6 infantry, 1 ranged 1 cavalry.

that's not enough man, tactics completely revolve around ranged and cavalry, just infantry will be boring as hell.

make it maximum 50% of any one class,

or if it's an 8v8 tourny, make it maximum 3/8 of any one class, therefore, 3 inf 3 ranged 2 cav, etc

With such small numbers, we believe that 1 archer or 1 cavalry can make a significant impact.  If both infantry are fighting and an archer can get shots in on the enemies back to stun them, allowing his team to finish him off, it's devastating.

30% at 9 v 9/10 v 10, would increase the max to 3.
30% at 12 v 12, would increase the max to 4.

So on and so forth.

I'd just like to say that this is the first season, so a lot of trial and error rules are in place. If certain thing go badly, we encourage Team Captains to give feedback in the "Team Captain" section of the forums.

___________________________________________________________________________________

ALSO, TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM

PLEASE CHECK THE SECOND POST IN THIS THREAD.

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 07:06:20 pm »
+4
dont listen to corsair hes a native nub. Byzantium would like to sign up, captains will be me and schmacko ( i hope 2 captains is allowed) we will post a roster soon, currently have 28/30 slots filled
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »
+2
I also think it's pretty bad to set such harsh restrictions to cav/ranged right away. cRPG never had any real competitive play between the clans so i don't think you really have enough information for setting these restrictions, your just making a assumption that many cav or
ranged players would be too strong while we don't really know if that really is true and with these rules in place right away we never will.

Team going for example with 8 ranged might just end up screwing themselves over in which case there is not much of reason to restrict it and it will only leave clans with less strategic options, 75% melee makes it almost a melee only tournament. Perhaps restrictins to heavy cav and not having more then 66% of your team ranged/cav might be more sensible and you could always adjust the rules for the next season if something turns out to be too strong?

Like tizzango said a lot of the rules in place for this season are trial and error so would it not make more sense to go with less restrictions, how are you going to find out if having more cav and ranged can really hurt the matches if you don't try it out?

Also I am just curious what made you go for home maps instead of predetermined maps or each team choosing a map for the match though which i suppose you can't do if you only play one map and 8 rounds per map which leads me to another question, why only 8 rounds and 1 map instead of 2? Matches will be really short, I know from my native experience that when we switched from 20 rounds to 16 a lot of people already thought that the matches were too quick.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:25:40 pm by Cyber »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »
with the restrictions currently i think its going to be a battle between two pike+shield walls ^^ (I bet byz cant wait :D)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 07:41:33 pm »
dont listen to corsair hes a native nub. Byzantium would like to sign up, captains will be me and schmacko ( i hope 2 captains is allowed) we will post a roster soon, currently have 28/30 slots filled

*a native nub that's played in dozens of tournaments :3 ...

you may not take my word for it, but my word is that tactics in warband come from the ranged and the cavalry, the infantry supports ... if there are very few archers and cav ... very few tactics ...

that said, i will still be participating, gogo byzantium !

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »
+1
*a native nub that's played in dozens of tournaments :3 ...

you may not take my word for it, but my word is that tactics in warband come from the ranged and the cavalry, the infantry supports ... if there are very few archers and cav ... very few tactics ...

You mean that awesome Native League & Tourney's tactics of waiting for flag on almost every match, since archers are so deadly accurate they can hit anything from across the map which makes movement limited unless you have a full shielders team ? Or is it archers & crossbows who actually excel at tactical brilliance by choosing the right targets and thus make the most important component of any team ? (as if they couldn't hit whatever they want)
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »
You mean that awesome Native League & Tourney's tactics of waiting for flag on almost every match, since archers are so deadly accurate they can hit anything from across the map which makes movement limited unless you have a full shielders team ? Or is it archers & crossbows who actually excel at tactical brilliance by choosing the right targets and thus make the most important component of any team ? (as if they couldn't hit whatever they want)
(click to show/hide)

all of those things yes, however in a clan match they are not as bad as you think ... in a clan war between decent clans it's rare for anyone to die to the ranged before the flags spawn (unless they make silly mistakes or fighting for territory) ... and once the flags spawn it's the cavalry and the infantry that hold it

as for waiting for the flags, the timers are such that you only need to wait i think 1 minute 35 seconds per round for the flag, which is not much time :)))

Offline tizzango

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 10:15:14 pm »
+1
all of those things yes, however in a clan match they are not as bad as you think ... in a clan war between decent clans it's rare for anyone to die to the ranged before the flags spawn (unless they make silly mistakes or fighting for territory) ... and once the flags spawn it's the cavalry and the infantry that hold it

as for waiting for the flags, the timers are such that you only need to wait i think 1 minute 35 seconds per round for the flag, which is not much time :)))

In Native, there is no such thing as a "polearm" or "two-hander" class. Almost every infantry player has a shield, even the archers have shields- which makes using too many ranged players an inefficient tactic. If in native clans used two handers, with no shield, you would see a lot more ranged- and ranged actually winning it for the team.
 "Alright guys, sit back and let the ranged take out the 2handers."

We wanted to discourage relying on ranged and cavalry to win the round, even though they always been a determining factor we are simply attempting to somewhat 'nerf' their usage (as they are already extreme game changers). In addition, we wanted to discourage camping and using master of the field, considering master of the field is somewhat bugged on the "Fallen_HRE_Training" server.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:26:17 pm by tizzango »

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 10:16:41 pm »
The archers have a shield if you DROP a shield to them.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »
Yes but bringing an extra shield for the archers is often done. :P

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 10:46:41 pm »
Yeh, yeh, whatever, I like turtles and I hate archers so all your arguments are invalid.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.