Author Topic: What needs to be changed with version 0.220  (Read 59055 times)

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
Re: What needs to be changed with version 0.220
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2011, 05:43:27 pm »
Pavise crossbowmen carried along a pavise for a reason.
Pavis is a wall you plant into the ground, not a held shield. We have this in the form of the deployable wooden wall.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »
Every good build of each class owns (oh owned) and had adventages on different reliefs, every good player had a big adventege after a less-skilled player...

Are the nerfs aimed to decrease advantage of more skilled player?(I say not about xp, but about own player skill)

I can't say anything about retiring because I have retired only 2 times.

I have about 8 chars of different classes - archer, 2h, 1h, horseman, crossbowman, HA etc. .
I enjoyed playing every class and no one made a super adventege after another.
Also some archer builds are too nerfed because lots of players want to use good bow(which now uses 2 slots in a new slot system), polearm and 2 packs of arrows(now I can't do that)
I think arrows shouldn't use any slots or maybe 0.5 of a slot.
Horse build is useless too because of heavy lances (yeah you could slow them but not so much) - return back old values (decrease speed of  light lance(90 >~84), increase speed of heavy lance)

Also a lot of bugs, but fortunaly they are fixable.

P.S. I voted "dislike" here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4428.15.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:48:29 pm by Nordwolf »

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2011, 05:54:12 pm »
Oh I didn't even know there was a patch. Thank chadz!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Kharn

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • Game nicks: Kharn, Oneshot_Mcgee, Flash
  • IRC nick: Kharn
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2011, 06:01:49 pm »
Weapon weights are not shown in shop.

Your balancing team has a history of way overdoing nerfs.
Anytime something is somewhat overpowered they go after destroying the item as if it raped their sister.

Tell your balancing team to make small thoughtful adjustments and not to nerf everything they don't like to another dimension.

The things that got nerfed needed to be, but they were all overdone as usual.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:52:50 pm by Kharn »
If your name is on either of these 2 lists: http://goo.gl/0SEqf -- http://goo.gl/I3SFf
And you want to be on youtube dueling famous fighters. Add imkharn to steam.
To see existing videos go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/imkharn

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2011, 06:03:09 pm »
NERF ARCHERY. I get killed from archers within 2 shots all the time atm. Please do something about this.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2011, 06:05:51 pm »
Good set of balanced changes, people raging a little too hard.  Just need LEE brought back and some small tweaks.  2hers far more balanced now, enjoying not needing to walk around like an idiot with a stab ready because its so op, much more realistic and balanced now as sword were primarily slashing weapons in middle ages.  Thanks again for the hard work.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06:45 pm »
i have lost my masterwork espada eslavona from my inventory! i cant find it anywhere. have seem a lot of people have lost that items in their inventory! so i hope we will get our heirloom or our weapon cause that weapon were awsome and REALLY FAIR COMPARE TO THE SIDE SWORD. I hope chadz and your devs team can fis that out! i also lost a big amount of exp but i guess it cause of the reset.
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06:59 pm »
Website weapons and arrows have shield width? there is an area to the left lower site of teh website which is mostly unclear to me, would you please include an explanation there? Are we already able to trade weapons/gold?

"free respec without heirloom loss"
+1

"overnerf of gen/xp"
+1

"overnerf of sitesword"
+1

... and look, they got buffed now, op shield didn't get any nerf...now the maul is completely useless because it's tooooooooo slow.

1 handers were JUST FINE, I don't understand why did they gain buff. The only problem is with them that DAMN OP HUSCARL shield... A agree with the lolstab nerf, im pissed only that my mace got nerfed to shit in terms of dmg and speed. Fuck crush, I don't mind that.

The "OP" Huscarl got nerfed, perhaps u didn't notice while whining about your missing chrushthrough, it takes 2 slots, it has less cover and armor

------------
if you dont want my whining stop reading now as my personal misery is not needed to be taken into perspective
------------
I had mw sitesword,broad onehanded battle axe, bamboo spear and huscarl

2 of those need 2 slots now.

On most maps i need protection against cav as well as against archery.
The bamboo spear was a weapon not used very often only to scar cav away or to stop them if they come too close. I made perhaps 5 kills in half a year playing with it. Now it is mostly useless takes 2 slots and if i switch to another weapon it is on the ground. 3 generations lost.

i would go with sitesword damage as it is know, but the speed nerf you are kidding me, as well it feels like the length has been reduced.

The huscarl nerf 2 slots would have also been ok, but as far as i could see it also has less protection against arrows and can't withstand so much blows against shieldbreaking weapons anymore or are there just more shieldbreaking weapons out there now?.

Devs you have outdone yourselves, and those who are still crying about OP sitesword and huscarl in the future, because i intend to use them anyways only to show u that u suck FU.
------------- whining end-------------

devs thanks for your work and this great mod, i still love it ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:16:56 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2011, 06:13:06 pm »
Re-add the long espada eslanova, my balanced one vanished and it seems noone else can buy a new one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »
Kick for leeching definitly needs to go. I was unfortunate enough to remap my keys so ... No idea what "m" should stand for. For me it's the voice command/quest notes in sp. Might happen to others. It can be abused in the middle of a fight, too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:34:29 pm by Yugop »

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:00 pm »
I am of the opinion that the lance nerf I heard about but did not experience was probably a good thing.

A lot of fools called it a "cavalry nerf" but I am cavalry and I do not use any lances. Such a restriction to the aiming angle of a lance is not only realistic but the only way of balancing lances with their insane damage, speed and range with swords.

Exactly the same thing was done by TW in the beta, it was great but got dropped because of all the whine.
I am disappointed to see the same thing happen here. I do not expect my voice to drown out the hordes of lance users but I may as well say my piece.

---

edit:

also I bought a great axe saying as my bardiche dissapeared and I cannot use the great bardiche anymore and it is not there but is paid for
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:50:20 pm by 22nd_King_Plazek »

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:54 pm »
Pavis is a wall you plant into the ground, not a held shield. We have this in the form of the deployable wooden wall.

Which can be picked up and moved yes?  Good, I will try it. 
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »
I'm seriously wondering why anything needed a nerf on top of the new slot system.
I personally never had any problems with cav, even without carrying a pike.
The Huscarl hybrid problem was solved too, seeing the shield now takes two slots.
I can't say much about the 2h lolstab as I'm a dedicated 2her myself, but seeing I can block other people's stabs quite well, I can't say I really saw a problem there either.
High tier xbows can only be used as main weapons now instead of being a sidearm shotgun. This is a good thing, however solved by the slot system and not the extra nerfs...
The experience gain by retiring makes no sense whatever way you look at it, since everyone who already achieved a huge load of heirloomed weapons will only have their advantages increased at the cost of new players.
Aaaand the final one: can't really say buffing polearm stabs was really necessary.

I suppose the sidesword/cheap crushthrough nerfs were in order seeing the amount of complaints about those.
Also, the throwing nerf was a nice touch, but was also solved by the slot system.
Lastly I do approve the archery buff, since shooting an unloomed bow on low levels (<20) (and probably higher too) was pretty pointless. (seen from my low level archer who was quickly left in the dust when I started my 2h char)

In short: Please revert all those unnecessary nerfs. Keep archery buff, but maybe tone it down a little

Well, that's about it for now... *end whine*

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2011, 06:57:45 pm »
Well, considering i don't really know what 0.220/221 did, you'll have to wait a few days before i can make any suggestions. In the meantime, an old idea which i like comes to mind: remove ladders from battle. No more unreachable shit. Easy solution, everyone's happy.

Offline TommyHu

• Noble
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2011, 06:58:03 pm »
cav thrusts...in warband beta they nerfed the thrusts, not nearly as much as this one...and they reverted back to normal after about a week...lets hope its the same here.  Or was it intended that cav should only be able to attack in straight lines... :?