Author Topic: So list of ninja patch changes.  (Read 9435 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: So list of ninja patch changes.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 10:58:25 am »
Horse bump got nerfed, cannot knock down people with arabian, courser and similar horses. Dunno how it works for heavier horses. +1

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 11:31:20 am »
+1
Looks like we got another mini ninja patch

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 11:50:19 am »
+5
I really appreciate the fact that you still keep working on improving crpg and patching it.This turn rate change seems to be a step in the right direction. The crushthrough change is a bit controversial, but i think it's good too (needs more testing).

Now if you also added the new items it would be absolutely awesome. Apparently for cRPG devs it's easier and faster to code and calculate a new mechanic (the turn rate change has been suggested ~beginning of december)  than to add several new items brought by the community . I honestly don't know anything about the processes of patching games and such so i wouldn't know whether it's a hard thing to do or not , but as a player - i have my loompoints ready, lying on a dusty shelf for quite a long time now =(.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 11:56:56 am »
looks like arrow in a neck is not a headshot anymore, happens few times to me and my enemies. IMO neck hits should be lethal like it was, because neck is delicate compared to head.

Also i've seen lots of ppl running around with an arrow in their head covered by helmets lower than great helmets.
Archer forever :D

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »
+5
Apparently for cRPG devs it's easier and faster to code and calculate a new mechanic (the turn rate change has been suggested ~beginning of december)  than to add several new items brought by the community . I honestly don't know anything about the processes of patching games and such so i wouldn't know whether it's a hard thing to do or not

I can't add new items (needs a cRPG patch, which I can't release by myself) but I can update servers and WSE2 clients.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 12:17:11 pm »
I can't add new items (needs a cRPG patch, which I can't release by myself) but I can update servers and WSE2 clients.
Ah, i see. I guess that would require more coordination and time then. Well.. patience is a virtue =).

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »
+5
You can remove double hits from the list. Also, I don't remember changing couching in any way.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22:19 pm »
+3
You can remove double hits from the list. Also, I don't remember changing couching in any way.

Must have been hit in the head then.  :lol:

Oki so the double hits are gone thank god that was just silly  :mrgreen:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 12:24:44 pm »
+2

Where in the process lie the difficulties? Maybe the community can help to speed them up? Shik said via IRC he has all items finished and ready to implement since 2 weeks (give or take a few days)... Like Ujin I have no major knowing of the patching process for cRPG apart from what every other player knows but if we can do anything to help speed the process up please tell us cmp!

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 12:29:00 pm »
+4
New items would really be nice. Lots of people are waiting for them. Perhaps it is possible to release a small patch just with the items.  :)

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 12:30:56 pm »
+4
"can no longer block while kicking"

WHY

WHY WHY WHY

Using kicks was already one of the most difficult things to do in cRPG. Most people didn't even bother trying the same way that they don't bother trying to parry because it's too hard. Now kicks are going to be completely useless.

Shielders are going to be ridiculously frustrating to fight if they can just hold W and spam and there's nothing you can do to stop them.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »
+4

WHY

WHY WHY WHY

Using kicks was already one of the most difficult things to do in cRPG. Most people didn't even bother trying the same way that they don't bother trying to parry because it's too hard. Now kicks are going to be completely useless.

Shielders are going to be ridiculously frustrating to fight if they can just hold W and spam and there's nothing you can do to stop them.

Kicks were incredibly easy to use if you spent some time learning them, I kick probably once every 2-3 attacks minimum and they did need a change since the risk-reward was skewed. Not sure if removing blocking is too extreme or not but it's a step in the right direction anyway.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 12:35:28 pm »

WHY

WHY WHY WHY

You are right, kicks were not easy to use. But if you learned how and spammed them they were totally op especially against shielders. This is one of the best changes since a very long time. You can still fight shielders. There are lots of people who already do it without any kicks.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:24 pm »
Wanst a problem for me when i was a shielder.

The removal is just anoter buff for the scub players...

Footwork an a quick stab could take care of most kick spammers. But i guess it makes up for the shitty turn rate nerf which affected shielders more then any other class  :) It was fuckin annoying people could just sidestep your overheads so easy atleast they cant kick you when you facehug people with your steel picks an go leftswing spam  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »
+9
Oh and add to the list: