Author Topic: Arrow Weight vs Arrow Count  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Re: Arrow Weight vs Arrow Count
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »
heavier bows/xbos also arrows and bolts.

and PD (skill) to use xbow, 8ath xbowers need to disappear.

Weight was increased for all of the mentioned items. I approve of PD for xbows, as I've said before, a 14% damage bonus per PD point would be great for xbow. If you dont want to give this damage bonus then Power Draw should increase reloading speed which is also a very nice thing imo.
The difficulty states the amount of strength needed to draw it at all. In general, I dont think it makes sense but if you QQ about xbow long enough it will probably be added.
If you play melee you do not have PS requirements on weapons, it is optional and makes sense the way this game is made. No melee weapon requires a certain amount of Powerstrike.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30:05 pm »
Weight was increased for all of the mentioned items. I approve of PD for xbows, as I've said before, a 14% damage bonus per PD point would be great for xbow. If you dont want to give this damage bonus then Power Draw should increase reloading speed which is also a very nice thing imo.
The difficulty states the amount of strength needed to draw it at all. In general, I dont think it makes sense but if you QQ about xbow long enough it will probably be added.
If you play melee you do not have PS requirements on weapons, it is optional and makes sense the way this game is made. No melee weapon requires a certain amount of Powerstrike.

i agree pd for xbows should allow some advantages to dedicated xbows and penalty for not using it, but its not so much about that its merely a "free" skill like no other (using xbow) you dont have to use PS in melee but it would be retared not to. would love to see the same with xbows.

the skill for xbow is more to stop xbows being used as a sidearm, i have nothing against dedicated xbowers and think the should get all the bonuses and minuses for their dedication to that particular class.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »
+1
i agree pd for xbows should allow some advantages to dedicated xbows and penalty for not using it, but its not so much about that its merely a "free" skill like no other (using xbow) you dont have to use PS in melee but it would be retared not to. would love to see the same with xbows.

the skill for xbow is more to stop xbows being used as a sidearm, i have nothing against dedicated xbowers and think the should get all the bonuses and minuses for their dedication to that particular class.

I agree with that, I also dont want to see them as sidearm. I use a dedicated xbow build and rather use a 1h weapon as a sidearm. But I do not think that 8 Athletics Xbower would disappear with this change, I think that xbow/melee hybrids would disappear and pure runner xbow builds without PS and wpf in any melee would replace them.

At least thats what I would do, I like the melee system but I know that I am not doing well with it so I enjoy xbow much more. I've put almost all my loompoints into xbows and would give up melee to stay xbow.

Edit: It would also be possible to increase the penalty of having 1wpf in xbow or expand the requirements of xbows to a certain number of wpf points. Example (with random numbers):
50wpf - Hunting Xbow unlocked for use
70wpf - Light Xbow
100wpf - Xbow
120 - Heavy Xbow
140 - Arbalest

Offline Phoenix_ZeSharpe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »
Quick Question, what exactly was nerfed in the latest 3-4 patches for archery? I know missile speed and arrow weight were; but  I feel like something else was.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:33 pm »
some of the changes were reverted, I think arrows are shorter (?) than before. Think you mentioned the other important ones

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2833
  • Infamy: 1956
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:25 pm »
Horse archery is perfect example how all ranged in this mod should be balanced. Please, do the same with foot archers, crossbowmen, horse crossbowmen and throwers.

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »
This shows you got no idea what the infantry community wants, the infantry community wants my old friendchers to stop kiting, that's pretty much it.

y not just cut the bullshit and delete the archer/xbow aspect of the game completely? now from what i hear from the eu patch you cant jump shoot anymore... great idea dev team!! this is a great preview of what to expect from that new game you are attempting to make. G mother fuckin G
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 11:26:39 pm »
+1
y not just cut the bullshit and delete the archer/xbow aspect of the game completely? now from what i hear from the eu patch you cant jump shoot anymore... great idea dev team!! this is a great preview of what to expect from that new game you are attempting to make. G mother fuckin G

I want to see them implement a turn angle nerf after you draw your bow, just like melee has.  360 jump point blank noscope shots are bullshit, so is drawing a bow and spinning around and shooting random infantry up close.

These are all tactics used by pikes that were either removed or players had to reinvent how to do them with less effectiveness. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:04 am »
+1
I want to see them implement a turn angle nerf after you draw your bow, just like melee has.  360 jump point blank noscope shots are bullshit, so is drawing a bow and spinning around and shooting random infantry up close.

These are all tactics used by pikes that were either removed or players had to reinvent how to do them with less effectiveness.

Melee got nerfed so nerf everything else too or I will think that this game is bad QQ? Remove jumpslashing and jumpblocking, because ranged cant do that too. Also every weapon should have a max hitcount just like ranged has limited ammo.

These are different classes, why cant we have different advantages and disadvantages instead of balancing everything to death. Hey, forget leveling up and everybody just has a lvl30 char with 18/18 with 100wpf in each category and 6 skill points invested in each skill.

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:49 am »
Horse archery is perfect example how all ranged in this mod should be balanced. Please, do the same with foot archers, crossbowmen, horse crossbowmen and throwers.
Clueless

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 08:38:46 am »
A little bit of offtoping since somebody mentioned balancing of HAs.
Few questions to community:
(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 02:42:15 pm »

Excellent point, never really thought about the turn nerf not hitting archery.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 05:40:24 am »
360 NO SCOPE

get a sniper n00bs

scoutz 4 life

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2013, 07:42:05 am »
360 NO SCOPE

get a sniper n00bs

scoutz 4 life

~Idlewild
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang