Author Topic: Arrow Weight vs Arrow Count  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Arrow Weight vs Arrow Count
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 08:01:45 pm »
I swear none of these are problems in siege servers. Except maybe the ghost arrow thing which is real.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 01:25:52 pm »
Bump for attention

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:18 pm »
Why the offensive language when somebody is posting a suggestion. I hope something bad happens to you

how old are you?? Ten??
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:32 pm »
how old are you?? Ten??

Why are you asking? Are you somehow saying that I am immature? I mean... you? Really?

Edit: For me its just annoying that whenever a ranged topic is coming up people start trolling it but expect everybody to care when their own class is subject to change. So yeah, why not also write stupid bullshit, you should know best.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 01:39:55 pm »
Why are you asking? Are you somehow saying that I am immature? I mean... you? Really?

I maybe what I am,but I never wished for someone to get hurt..

It`s common sense,something that you probably lack.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 01:43:46 pm »
+1
I maybe what I am,but I never wished for someone to get hurt..

It`s common sense,something that you probably lack.

Oh that you mean, well I was a bit afraid that people might take that for a joke. Actually I was serious, but I wish that to a lot of people. So far it seems it never worked so dont be afraid.
I do have common sense, but sometimes I choose to not use it, I learned that in an online community. I think its called crpg or something like that

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 01:44:40 pm »
+1
Back on topic:

If the weight bothers you, ride HA prolong all rounds and see how much everyone loves you then! That's what I'm going to do, once I get my invincible horse fully loomed in the next day or so. You're a GK you should be on a horse already right? Khans/mongols were exclusively horse warriors, they had no infantry. They lanced, used a sword, and shot arrows from horseback their entire lives, so RP harder scrub.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:47:17 pm »
let it be 0 weight but only one quiver per my old friendcher :wink:

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 01:59:20 pm »
+2
Back on topic:

If the weight bothers you, ride HA prolong all rounds and see how much everyone loves you then! That's what I'm going to do, once I get my invincible horse fully loomed in the next day or so. You're a GK you should be on a horse already right? Khans/mongols were exclusively horse warriors, they had no infantry. They lanced, used a sword, and shot arrows from horseback their entire lives, so RP harder scrub.

I can assure you that I am being loved too much already as a GK HA.  :D What bothers me is that just for the sake of making the infantry happier and more secure, illogical changes are made on other classes such as ranged and cavalry. I mean, 20 stack of arrows weighing 8 kgs !?! How can a heavy infantry supposed to catch a light armored archer? One of them carries metal plates, heavy weapons, armor and heavy equipment, the other is equipped with a wooden bow and wooden arrows, light armor and most probably a swift sword. But hey, who cares logic right because if infantry wishes for one thing, it needs to be done regardless of the method.

Just revert this nonsense please and change the arrow count in the stack if you want to affect ranged units effect in the gameplay.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »
I can assure you that I am being loved too much already as a GK HA.  :D What bothers me is that just for the sake of making the infantry happier and more secure, illogical changes are made on other classes such as ranged and cavalry. I mean, 20 stack of arrows weighing 8 kgs !?! How can a heavy infantry supposed to catch a light armored archer? One of them carries metal plates, heavy weapons, armor and heavy equipment, the other is equipped with a wooden bow and wooden arrows, light armor and most probably a swift sword. But hey, who cares logic right because if infantry wishes for one thing, it needs to be done regardless of the method.

Just revert this nonsense please and change the arrow count in the stack if you want to affect ranged units effect in the gameplay.

It's nice to dream sir but it's not going to happen. Like Rumblood said earlier:

No, you've got no idea what they want. The infantry community wants to stop getting hit by any ranged at all, period. That's pretty much it.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »
No, you've got no idea what they want. The infantry community wants to stop getting hit by any ranged at all, period. That's pretty much it.

I will keep trying out builds that allow me to stay out of melee if possible and shoot cav&infantry. In fact I would like to stop shooting at enemy ranged and just focus melees but I think they will still shoot me.

Ranged should unite and stop shooting each other for 1 week

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 02:40:30 pm »
+2
What I will suggest is to reduce the amount of arrows in a stack instead of making their weights way more than reasonable and realistic values.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 02:45:09 pm »
I have no idea why it started happening, and I only notice it on my horse, but almost once a night an arrow will hit the horse, then disappear without making any sounds and my horse takes no damage.

Think that just started within the last month or so.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »
+1
I have no idea why it started happening, and I only notice it on my horse, but almost once a night an arrow will hit the horse, then disappear without making any sounds and my horse takes no damage.

Think that just started within the last month or so.

I've seen the same thing with throwing. I toss, the spear sticks in the horses flank, then dissappears and I find it laying on the ground in the same trajectory it was thrown.

Here's my guess:

Your client shows it hitting the horse. Due to some type of lag, the server then responds back to your client saying "No, you were wrong on where the horse actually was at that time, in reality you missed." and then your client shows the missile no longer in the horse and where it should have landed instead. The faster the horse is running (moving through positioning more quickly), and the higher your ping (perhaps relative to the client of the horseman), the more likely you will see this happen. My under-informed guess.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 07:51:39 pm »
This

weighs more than

this.

A big purse with a bundle of sticks inside (no wordfilter, honest) weighs more than chainmail. What.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far