Author Topic: Opinions about spawnraping  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: Opinions about spawnraping
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 01:04:35 pm »
+3
Hehe, I don't know if you are serious Lennu but thanks for the thread :D  Nothing makes me smile more than QQ from late spawners who get killed just after spawning. Killing players who spawn and try to hide in a bush or behind a tree for a quick afk also makes me smile. I respect people who take it with humour or swear that they will get their revenge next round instead of whining how its lame or unfair etc. 

Few points:

- If you spawn late you should expect to be in danger the second you spawn. I have never been spawn killed (that I remember) and I have been playing this game for years.

- Going to enemy spawn will get you killed fast most of the time, I die during first 2 minutes 90% of the rounds. Many times I'm the first person to die. It is bad for your k/d ratio but I rather rush to get action fast (and then alt-tab when I die) than waste 2 minutes waiting for infantry to clash.

- Some people claim they can't control their char after spawning because of lag and get killed because of that. I have never experienced this but if its true then better solution is for devs to give you 5 second invulnerability after spawning (would also help vs friendly horse bumps that happen when 50 people spawn in the same spot) than making spawn killing bannable offence.

I'm not really QQ'ing. I'm kinda going through the same feelings as your parents when they say "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" :P First I wasn't even going to mention your name here, but then we wouldn't have anyone to defend "everyone's right to spawnrape".
And yes, you should kill afkers hiding in a bushes etc. but just qml them first :P  That's what I do.

I don't mind cav picking on individual players, I do that even tho I'm cav. But you weren't doing just that. You were trying to get unfair advantage (something that wasn't supposed to happen) over the player who had just spawned, that's what I'm after.

Suicide charging is your own problem. But what I saw was that you waited for the main group to leave the spawn and then attacked latespawners.

But really, why are saying that they should add 5 sec invulnerability to solve this problem, if your doings are the problem? I don't get your logic.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:33 pm »
+2
Masasa,everyone knows that most GK`s are bad players and they spawnkill because they cant do anything good.

I never liked GK`s,your gamestyle mostly,but the old GK`s had some skill,Garrus,Chagan,Kerrigan are some of the old Gk`s who everyone was afraid of,new Gk`s are a bunch of low skilled noobs,nothing more nothing less.

And please spare us from your cheap trolling , because I have at least 10 screenshots of me owning your ass with a goddamn scythe.

Loser.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 01:15:52 pm »
I'm not really QQ'ing. I'm kinda going through the same feelings as your parents when they say "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed" :P First I wasn't even going to mention your name here, but then we wouldn't have anyone to defend "everyone's right to spawnrape".
And yes, you should kill afkers hiding in a bushes etc. but just qml them first :P  That's what I do.

I don't mind cav picking on individual players, I do that even tho I'm cav. But you weren't doing just that. You were trying to get unfair advantage (something that wasn't supposed to happen) over the player who had just spawned, that's what I'm after.

Suicide charging is your own problem. But what I saw was that you waited for the main group to leave the spawn and then attacked latespawners.

But really, why are saying that they should add 5 sec invulnerability to solve this problem, if your doings are the problem? I don't get your logic.

It is not unfair advantage if I wait someone to spawn and then rush to kill him. He should be able to defend himself the moment he spawns. My logic was that if there really is some bug that lags out players when they spawn making them unable to defend themselves then I think adding 5 second invulnerability would be a better way to fix that than to make some stupid rule to stop spawnraping that just causes extra workload for admins.

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 01:19:43 pm »
Masasa,everyone knows that most GK`s are bad players and they spawnkill because they cant do anything good.

I never liked GK`s,your gamestyle mostly,but the old GK`s had some skill,Garrus,Chagan,Kerrigan are some of the old Gk`s who everyone was afraid of,new Gk`s are a bunch of low skilled noobs,nothing more nothing less.

And please spare us from your cheap trolling , because I have at least 10 screenshots of me owning your ass with a goddamn scythe.

Loser.

Haha, this just keeps getting better and better. The fact that you take a screenshot every time you kill me makes me happy. I can imagine how proud you felt after this amazing feat.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 01:47:44 pm »
+1
Masasa I have to agree that after those 5 sec the players should have been able to turn around and look what's going on around him. After that getting killed is 100% his own fault.

Ofc, I still don't like the idea of parking one's horse behind the spawn just to wait players to spawn there, alone, without the cover of other teammates. IMO that isn't supposed to happen. Cav is tactically a great class, you can get anywhere you want really fast. You can disable multiple enemies at once (bump) to help your teammates and have an amazing damage potential. So please stop using the strengths of your class in a such a lame manner, and start fighting like a real men. Earn the respect of other players on the battlefield by getting the kills the way they are meant to be gained. Spawnraping will just result in hate and disrespect from other players and will ruin the fun for both you and the rest of us.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:16 pm »
+4
When people write stuff like this I know they are mad :D

Also if you think trolling in a game makes you a bad person irl you need to get your head sorted and stop taking games too seriously

This just shows how bright you are - who's the one trolling around here ? You're enjoying it and by your own words its the only thing you do and its fun for you.  :wink:
The only thing i take seriously around here is that you're a proven self-admitted asshole who can't play a game in a regular way and have fun. Your only fun is to take away fun from those unlucky enough to spawn 15-20 seconds later. Pathetic. :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »
If I were fast cav I surely spawn rape each round I can do it... so easy..so funny... +9001 SpawnRape !!!
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 01:50:48 pm »
+6
One of the greatest joys of cRPG is dehorsing a GK memner than watch him struggle in melee. hahhah

They never last more than 10 seconds.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:28 pm »
+3
One of the greatest joys of cRPG is dehorsing a GK memner than watch him struggle in melee. hahhah

They never last more than 10 seconds.

Watching a GK trying to melee is like watching a downnie masturbate.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 02:11:58 pm »
Watching a GK trying to melee is like watching a downnie masturbate.

(click to show/hide)

And the sound when they are bot finished is the same.

Uaaaaaa!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 02:18:26 pm »
Wear as peasant with fork or bamboo lance...... stay at spawn with no moove..... wait for the GK...AND  KILL BOTH HORSE AND HIM IN ONE LITTLE POKY HIT ! MOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 04:40:06 pm »
+2
dont spawn late and you won't get spawn killed, if an admin banned someone for spawnkilling them i would have them permanently removed from the position

Good thing you don't decide who is an admin and who isn't.  :idea:

Reading comprehension, my chest thumping admin compadre. Spawnkilling isn't against the rules and I stated that quite succinctly and a number of times. You want to voice an opposition about the very specific instance in which predicting a spawn point and standing behind that spot and killing a player as soon as an avatar enters the game and before they can move could be considered an exploit of the spawn system? Be all means, explain your position. Otherwise you can get down off your hobby horse and make threats to someone who cares about it coming from you.

Once again for the sloth minded:

Killing people after they spawn? Not an exploit and not deserving of a warning at all.

Predicting where a player will spawn and standing behind that spot with your weapon cocked and letting it swing as soon as an avatar appears? That certainly could be considered to be an exploit of the spawn system.
Random spawn position could remove that as an exploit.
5 second spawn invulnerability until a weapon is cocked or switched would remove that as an exploit.
Spawn circle being locked off from the enemy until the spawn timer expires would remove that as an exploit.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 08:53:49 pm »
+1
Lol so much hate for cav who spawnrapes.

You expect the cav to be like this when they see enemies standing still inside their base ''I'm going to let you get back on, move a little bit and fight you ''fair'' !''.

It's 1 death.

Deal with it

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:54 pm »
+2
granpappy your argument against spawn killing being exploiting is the strategy of like every multiplayer game, even this game in strategus battles, where entire teams do exactly as you are describing, which makes it especially hilariously ignorant to act like its a legitimate position.

in Call of Duty you try to pin down all the enemy spawns by keeping your guns lined up over them and killing people before they can break out, I imagine plenty of other FPS games are the same.  Is holding iron sights over enemy spawns "map exploiting" that should get people banned?  how stupid does that sound?

you made a whole thread in the admin forum months ago bitching about it after palatro caught you rejoining the server for a second life after you got killed at spawn by cav.  and your argument was that cav couching near spawn was the real exploiting, and you deserved to get a second life by rejoining the server which isn't exploiting

just stop making up rules please, you sound biased and stupid and very wrong.

if you ever ban someone for spawnkilling you seriously deserve to be punched in the face IRL for being a dumbass
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 09:35:16 pm »
+4

Loser.

Have to admit since Changan left and don't play no more, GK's skill levels, respect levels and everything else has gone to shits.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.