Author Topic: Opinions about spawnraping  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Opinions about spawnraping
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:41:11 am »
+23
A moment ago on EU_1 I spawned a bit late, around 6.29 (missed the tick  :cry:) to be exact. I quickly looked around and noticed that an enemy cav had already spotted me and was on his way to bumpslash me. I managed to avoid the attack and continued to run towards my teammates for cover. I turned around to see if this enemy cav would attack again but instead he had parked his horse behind our spawn: to wait for others who might spawn late.
I actually tried to talk to this player later, he admitted it that he was there only to attack playerswho had just spawned and had no idea what was going on. The player actually said that he gets valor for doing that.

I have no idea what could be done to this, so I decided to share this sad lil story with you to encourage pennalism towards those spawnrapists.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: Opinions about spawnraping
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:42:00 am »
+11
Oh, and I completely forgot. That raper of the latespawners described above was GK_masasa

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:42:15 am »
+14
Ban all Gk`s.

Edit: Lennu,u got me for 15 secs  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:46:44 am »
+3
Make maps that are easier for cav in the center and harder for cav near the spawns.

Virtually any village map is the opposite of this.

Now while this fixes spawnraping it can generate other problems such as camping.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 12:50:23 am »
Just add more bits of cover to the open parts of maps.  Rocks/boulders, trees, bushes, random fence panels, anything to use as a barrier.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:01 am »
+5
Seen him doing that many times. I guess for some ppl its all about numbers and not how u obtain them

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 01:21:42 am »
+4

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:04 am »
+3
spawn raping is what gk do its about all they do :D they race to the enemy spawn so they can kill afkers and people late spawning then say omg look at my kills im so pro :D (its why most people dislike GK clan)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 02:18:15 am »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 02:29:05 am »
Best way to build maps would in my opinion be spawns that are more or less protected from cav but are shit against ranged and infantry (talking spawning in a hole or something like that).
Masasa I'm glad you at least don't claim that you're doing it to help your team like most of the random cowards who will run away in an attempt to kite for several minutes, suicide charge, leave and return, suicide charge again, use autoblocker in dtv (lol), or HA/HX straight until MotF  flags are raised, while I still believe spawnraping is lame and I have a hard time seeing anything fun in it then at least you don't go into bullshit excuses for why you do it.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 02:32:41 am »
Best way to build maps would in my opinion be spawns that are more or less protected from cav but are shit against ranged and infantry (talking spawning in a hole or something like that).
Masasa I'm glad you at least don't claim that you're doing it to help your team like most of the random cowards who will run away in an attempt to kite for several minutes, suicide charge, leave and return, suicide charge again, use autoblocker in dtv (lol), or HA/HX straight until MotF  flags are raised, while I still believe spawnraping is lame and I have a hard time seeing anything fun in it then at least you don't go into bullshit excuses for why you do it.

To add to the "annoying shit people do", what about those fuckers who protect their friends who are in the other team and when you try to attack the enemy they get in your way on purpose and then report you for team wounding.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 03:03:12 am »
Okay, let's address this as to what could be done (not necessarily what will be done).

It is a firmly accepted practice for cavalry to race to the enemy spawn and attack stragglers and afk'ers after they have spawned. That is fine and will never change.

You however describe enough of a difference for a rule application to apply here, but first a question needed to be answered.

Can you accurately predict where a player will spawn so that you can stand behind them with a swing cocked and kill them as soon as their avatar appears? I spent a few rounds trying this (without killing anyone).

The answer is Yes.

So now rules can be interpreted to apply to the situation I just described.

[General rules]

No exploiting of any kind.

Plain enough. But in case someone doing this thinks to bring out the full rule list, let me add this one as well.

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

So I would say that absolutely, being able to predict where a player will spawn and standing behind them and killing them as soon as their avatar appears on the map would be exploiting the spawn mechanic of the game. Riding in circles around the spawn area is perfectly okay (as long as you aren't doing a tight circle on that specific next spawn point). You can definitely tell where the next spawn will be, so this isn't getting lucky. It is knowing ahead of time where the next avatar will materialize and killing that player before they may even have control of their avatar at all.

If a player is doing that (not simply charging the spawn or riding around the area waiting for someone to spawn in general), then I would suggest that the player receive the usual punitive progression of warning, kick, etc.

Will other Admins use this interpretation if they see this occurring? I don't know.
They would have to agree with the interpretation of what constitutes an exploit. In addition, they would have to watch to be able to be certain this was being done. So just because you happen to be killed in spawn right after you appear, doesn't mean that it was done on purpose and an Admin will have to be absolutely for sure that such an exploit was being used. In other words, a single incident would very likely not be enough. It would likely need to be a consistent practice for us to be certain enough to take action.

Other admins, but most especially Developers are invited to weigh in. I've not seen anyone who was such a douchebag that they stand next to or behind the next predictable spawn point and kill someone before they can move as you are describing. People usually just race their horse through and opportunity kill and that is perfectly fine. But it can absolutely be done and if I were to see someone deliberately hovering over the next spawn point and kill the next player right when they appear, this is how I would interpret it. As an exploit.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 04:11:59 am »
+4

Then ban everyone who spawnkills in Strategus Battles.
A well thought out idea.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 04:29:33 am »
+1
Then ban everyone who spawnkills in Strategus Battles.
A well thought out idea.

Strategus isn't Battle and destroying spawn flags is part of the game mode.

Don't be a bitter, flippant twat.  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 04:59:06 am »
you could just get a computer thats not from the middle ages and spawn at a reasonable time

if not you're afk and spawn late in which case sorry, get stuffed

deal with it nerds

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy