Poll

Restore normal range of movement?

Yes
44 (58.7%)
No
31 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: May 11, 2011, 07:52:01 am

Author Topic: Cavalry Nerf.... WHY  (Read 10289 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry Nerf.... WHY
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 11:39:00 am »
Of course, but he cant do this with a hunting bow.

You sir, make me laugh.

A half-decent cavalry loadout will take 35k. The best archery gear is less than 20k worth.

So it's rather the opposite. The archer will allways have the bow of his choice. But the cavalry can't do shit whithout paying 2x what other classes spend for generally better results.

Now, this was a general statement about cavalry. I think that v0.212 had a growing problem of lancers becoming the only viable melee cav build, and 1h completly useless in comparison. Furthermore, the sarranid horse was dominating everything, so I hope it got nerfed in comparison to other horses. It doesn't seem so, as it still has crazy maneuver.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 11:50:10 am »

Now, this was a general statement about cavalry. I think that v0.212 had a growing problem of lancers becoming the only viable melee cav build, and 1h completly useless in comparison. Furthermore, the sarranid horse was dominating everything, so I hope it got nerfed in comparison to other horses. It doesn't seem so, as it still has crazy maneuver.
And dies from one shot of  anything.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 11:51:33 am »
Cav stab change was a mistake.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 11:54:19 am »
But the cavalry can't do shit whithout paying 2x what other classes spend for generally better results

Tried a dedicated crossbower before? It's ridiculously expensive.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Felix_Iron

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sword Brothers
  • Game nicks: SB_Felix_Iron
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 11:55:55 am »
MOUNT and Blade?? hmmm... Any more MOUNT!!

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »
Tried a dedicated crossbower before? It's ridiculously expensive.
Go to hell, ever tried playing cavalry Gurnisson? Our cheap horses cost as much as your xbow. If I want to go for the best horses, I was paying much more than you ever would have. I don't even want to know what Im paying now. This is just low of you to respond in this way. Your class has been buffed, I don't see the point in whining.

Cav wasn't OP, it actually required skill to lance, a noob can't do it. I've seen them, they get piked and are dead within seconds. Now we are nerfed to a slow ass class, hitting for mediocre damage yet still paying the ridiculously high repair bill. What about our biggest counter? Pikers? They got a buff, now they are faster than us and got a new addition: the long pike. What about those archers one or twoshotting our horses? They got a buff too, yet were perfectly fine.

No one whined about cavalry, only ingame when they got backstabbed when they weren't paying attention.

If there was anything wrong with cav, than Id say the heirloomed sarranid horse was the only thing that was overpowered.

Fishy out.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35:45 pm »
Go to hell, ever tried playing cavalry Gurnisson? Our cheap horses cost as much as your xbow. If I want to go for the best horses, I was paying much more than you ever would have.

Yes, I've played cav. When playing against the 'let's spread around with no tactics at all trololo' cav has got an easy ride. When the map is bad, or the enemy is doing some tactics, cav have a hard time doing anything at all. I have a cav alt but I haven't played on it for some time. I know it's quite expensive, but I had an easier ride paying upkeep as cav than as crossbower. Sarranid horse + Battle Fork + Heavy Lance + Nomad Vest. Really all I needed, but I could still rack up those 'cav score trololo nerf cav lol'. As cav you don't need tons of mail on you, you're mostly hit and run anyway. If you feel you need armor for ~ 10 000 denars, you're maybe not prioritizing right and should look to be a bit less reckless.

Cav wasn't OP, it actually required skill to lance, a noob can't do it. I've seen them, they get piked and are dead within seconds. Now we are nerfed to a slow ass class, hitting for mediocre damage yet still paying the ridiculously high repair bill. What about our biggest counter? Pikers? They got a buff, now they are faster than us and got a new addition: the long pike. What about those archers one or twoshotting our horses? They got a buff too, yet were perfectly fine.

To quote myself from another thread:
Also, even though I'm not cavalry I was against a cav nerf, since being cav is just situational. If the enemy team has a brain, or you're playing on a bad map, you can do little to no damage. I don't agree with the fact that cav got a nerf just because the population couldn't use their brain to handle them.
Cav is easy to deal with when you play smartly, so imo, a nerf wasn't needed.

Go to hell

Also, stupid way to start off a post
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:37:00 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 12:37:22 pm »
Goodbye Mount & Blade

Welcome Pole & Bow

:mad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:56 pm »
Cav wasn't OP at any time. Inf and ranged had pikes and bows and throwing. Now pole-cav is stupid frag. And its absolutely useless to buy shields. Heavy lance and hafted blade without shield. Or Heavy lance with shield and crappy iron staff. This is ridiculous.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 12:41:10 pm »
And dies from one shot of  anything.

Except that given it's size and maneuver, it is WAY easier to avoid being shot or hit. Any horse in the same price range is dead in two shots. And from now on, in one shot.

Now we have to avoid both throwers and archers. Kinda ridiculous given we are CAV afterall.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 12:43:32 pm »
Except that given it's size and maneuver, it is WAY easier to avoid being shot or hit. Any horse in the same price range is dead in two shots. And from now on, in one shot.

Now we have to avoid both throwers and archers. Kinda ridiculous given we are CAV afterall.

It's really not. You can shoot that thing down easier than a courser because it's slower and less armour. I shoot down far more sarranid horses than I do coursers.

Cav has been nerfed ridiculously though. Return the lance to how it was. It was perfect and don't touch it.

Offline Misan

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Misan_Ulpius_Phallus Karawampa Kaladorn
Re: How To Kill Off An Entire Class
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 01:08:37 pm »
Trust me i've been lancing for a long time I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Cavalry

"Just believe me! My opinion matters, FUCK YOU DAD!"
Troll complete. It is offensive to me and I would like you to change it.
If it is not changed I will do everything in my power to see you banned from both the game and forums.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: How To Kill Off An Entire Class
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 01:55:57 pm »
Love how you quoted that bit only. I said I was against a cav nerf, but from previous experiences, I know that you have to play for more than half an hour to make something out of a completely new patch.
Even an idiot playing for 10 seconds could find out what was different and wrong! with cavalry compared to yesterday.

I hope this hotfix changes us back to the balanced way of being cavalry. Instead of being a duck sitting on a pig getting shot at by archers and stabbed by pikers.

The way we were yersterday.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
Re: Undo Caverly Lance Changes
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 04:10:29 pm »
Hmmm
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:19:52 pm by Huey Newton »

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »
Thanks, devs, for returning lance hitting on horseback.
But 65 speed rating for heavy lance? Why so slow? Pike is faster for 16 points and 55 points longer.
And about 2 slots for polearms. Only staff is 1 slot item? This way pole-cav has no sense to level up shields, because can wear only 1 lance and shield and staff (wooden) which is absoluteley useless. Please, could you make at least hafted blade (even not long) - 1 slot.
Lancers were nerfed much more than anyone, I don't really understand, why.