Do you want this ?

Yes
35 (38.5%)
Maybe
13 (14.3%)
No (reason)
43 (47.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Author Topic: Secondary weapon mode: melee bow  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Re: Secondary weapon mode: melee bow
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2013, 07:34:58 am »
As long as they couldn't block with a bow I think it would be an alright addition... But If archers were able to quickly switch to melee mode and block attacks with their bow they would no longer be squishy targets.

That's just what I think.

Offline Thorvic

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de l'Étoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Thorvic
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 09:49:27 am »
+2
There can be a thing what can be realistic : allow the defensive nudge with the "long" bows (I include Bow, Yumi, Rus Bow, Long Bow) (The Skyrim players will understand me about the animation to add^^)

As i said, this can be more interesting, but they won't have the attack/block ability ; they have swords for that  :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:55:37 am by Thorvic »

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »
Without a block this would be decent.

Offline Torwald

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 03:28:13 pm »
 If its break 99% of the time. when used as a melee weapon.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »
As long as they couldn't block with a bow I think it would be an alright addition... But If archers were able to quickly switch to melee mode and block attacks with their bow they would no longer be squishy targets.

That's just what I think.
Not really, they would still be very very squishy if they try to fight with a bow. Notice that their attacks will mostly glance on high tier armor and they have to rely on chambers, which is a very non reliable way of defecting blows if your opponent knows what he's doing. In other words, you can simply hold your attacks before striking and the archer will most likely fuck up with his timing. Not to mention they might not even damage you if you have over 10.0 weight of armor most likely.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2013, 01:15:18 pm »
Not really, they would still be very very squishy if they try to fight with a bow. Notice that their attacks will mostly glance on high tier armor and they have to rely on chambers, which is a very non reliable way of defecting blows if your opponent knows what he's doing. In other words, you can simply hold your attacks before striking and the archer will most likely fuck up with his timing. Not to mention they might not even damage you if you have over 10.0 weight of armor most likely.

I wouldn't really be worried about them damaging me. The thing I wouldn't care to see is someone who is average or better at blocking, switch to a secondary melee mode with a bow and block a weapon like a bardiche 10 times in a row until a nearby melee ally of the archer can join in and save him. That's what I mean about how it would make them less squishy... they are better able to defend themselves without sacrificing a weapon slot

It's bad enough archers can block heavy weapons with a 0 slot 1h'er with no power strike or wpf.

Like I said, it's just what I think.

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2013, 02:49:04 pm »
Blocking with a bow on rope side, genius  :idea:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 03:10:30 pm »
Just make the bows and xbow ability to attack with like 5 dmg, but with that you can use chambers so you got your block. So you could even block a couched lance.
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 03:18:30 pm »
+3

I think after all the nerfs that archers sudden, this feature would be welcome.

Read this, stopped reading.
I don't know enough

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 06:28:27 pm »
Actually chambering with a fist is not possible anymore, so there should be something for archers to do it if they are not carrying any melee weapon. It will probably not be a case most of the time for public servers, but would be useful for strat. Sometimes there are no access to 0 slot weapons and an archer needs to carry as much ammo as possible with him. I remember chamber-fisting saved my life once.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »
+2
Sometimes there are no access to 0 slot weapons and an archer needs to carry as much ammo as possible with him.
For that you should blame strat battle commander. Blocking with a bow is bullshit
Archer forever :D

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »
Blocking with a bow isn't, chamber blocking is... well... acceptable I guess. Especially if they can't even stagger their opponents most likely, with something like 15b or so.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2013, 07:47:28 pm »
Blocking with a bow isn't, chamber blocking is... well... acceptable I guess. Especially if they can't even stagger their opponents most likely, with something like 15b or so.

With 18 str (most archers have at least that) and 15b dmg you can more than stagger, you can kill. 5b would be acceptable I guess.
I don't know enough

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 10:49:58 am »
I doubt this will be the case against skilled players. Archers usually have to fight with extra weight (10.0 per arrows), which will make them worse in footwork. If the melee mode doesn't even have a chance to stagger at all, it will be pointless. Yes you can stagger with 15b, you can even kill someone with it. But good luck killing an infantry with a weapon that does as much damage as a cudgel (1h mode) and can't be used to block.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 02:04:28 pm »
Really, why some ppl want to implement a silly thing like this, while we have few really nice 0 slot 1h weapons? And most of them are deadly, and with them you can easily kill ppl if you have any PS (I have 2 and i'm able to kill ppl with it :D )
Archer forever :D