Author Topic: Remove thrust stun for poles.  (Read 8918 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Remove thrust stun for poles.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »
+2
Ive seen Jarlek topping with throwing.

That doesn`t mean anything.
jarlek always tops with throwing, especially on lower populated servers

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 03:29:53 pm »
Agreed Panos!
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »
+1
HEY! i use overheads very often and knitler even more!
i dont even upblock knitlerys overheads cause the instastab that would follow would 1 hit me in 60+ body armor
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1161
  • Infamy: 607
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 04:08:20 pm »
+2

Throwing is best for collecting huge amount of points. You don't have to kill anyone but damage when you hit someone is great and you're much closer to the enemy than other ranged, which means you get close proximity points as well.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »

Ive seen him try a ton of times without even getting close, so this seems weird.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »
+1
I've topped EU_4 with 12/27, an unloomed espada eslavona, and less than 25 body armor, clearly this is not a weak playstyle, and clearly the point system shows how great people are doing properly. (tbh the awlpike is a good enough weapon though, not op like the majority of the 2h class, but still a good weapon compared to regular things)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 06:11:58 pm »
+1
Knit topped siege with just an awlpike.

Edit: That pretty much proves, that they aint in that bad a shape. Because he was competing against 1h, maulers and 2h swords in that scoreboard, yet he ended on top.

Siege has choke points. Get shielder to stand in front of you. Put your polearm through his body and attack enemies on the other side. Shielder blocks all attacks that get close enough, polearm can't be touched. If the choke point is a ladder, ranged can't get at them either.

Main issue with this mod. Balance for one mode (strategus for example), is bad balancing or kills the fun for other modes. And don't even get me started on those players who only want to balance from a 1 vs 1 duel standpoint.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 06:44:48 pm »
I am not sure but I think that higher WPF reduces the stun already.

If there was no thrust stun even with 1 wpf in polearms, than we would probably witness increase in long spear users among all classes.

I actually could belive it, with lower WPF you just make more "wronger" hits so the stun appears more often.

Awlpike is not for duelling, depends on the guy using it, me who started with Mount & Musket and ended up with cRPG used 95% of my playtime a 2directional weapon.
And also, in difference to bec, the awlpike is good for making fast kills, and much. But for the rest its just ... training.
(click to show/hide)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 06:48:47 pm »
Siege has choke points. Get shielder to stand in front of you. Put your polearm through his body and attack enemies on the other side. Shielder blocks all attacks that get close enough, polearm can't be touched. If the choke point is a ladder, ranged can't get at them either.

Main issue with this mod. Balance for one mode (strategus for example), is bad balancing or kills the fun for other modes. And don't even get me started on those players who only want to balance from a 1 vs 1 duel standpoint.

LOl, that is just bugged. THat is only possible with the polearms?. Anyway... thats not how knit was fighting anyway.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 07:22:18 pm »
LOl, that is just bugged. THat is only possible with the polearms?. Anyway... thats not how knit was fighting anyway.

Just works for longspears or pikes maybe, but not with awlpike or long one, otherwise wouldnt use that "bug" anyway, jsut retarded :D
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 09:05:14 pm »
+1

I topped the scoreboard way easier on my last gen (2h shieldercav with 50 pole wpf). Was actually easier when I dropped the horse and shield and just went longsword infantry.

I also do melee. I hate kiting and never do it myself. When enemies gets close, I fight in melee unless I'm seriously outnumbered (10+vMe). I only switch back to throwing if the enemy is dead or is backpedaling so bad I get enough time to switch, throw and write "lol" in chat when it hits them.

jarlek always tops with throwing, especially on lower populated servers
Not really, I top it more often with other builds. Sometimes I'm almost at the bottom. It all depends on how capable my team is (the better they do, the less points I get) and how suicidal the enemy cav is. If my team just holds the enemy at bay I can rack up a lot of points killing the horses trying to attack the side/rear of the main infantry blob. Then I get kills when they are down and I whack them with my hammer. Most of my points are from damaging horses and hitting people with my Military Hammer, most of my kills are from killing people with my hammer in melee or throwing at people that are trying to run away.

Throwing is best for collecting huge amount of points. You don't have to kill anyone but damage when you hit someone is great and you're much closer to the enemy than other ranged, which means you get close proximity points as well.
Throwing is the best to collect huge amount of points, but that's mainly because of how well you can defend against horses. You can 2hit them when they charge you (3 if they stand still, 4 if armoured), which gives you a lot of points from the damage AND the proximity (you get prox for your own hits, which is why ranged usually don't get lots of points). But doing that alone is not usually enough to get on top. It's very rare for me to top the scoreboard without spending most of my time fighting with my hammer (unless there is a LOT of suicidal cav).

Ive seen him try a ton of times without even getting close, so this seems weird.
That's funny, cause last time we were in the same server you GTX after I killed you for the 7th time, last one with you and another greatsword user trying to gank me. Didn't even have to throw at you ^^

I've topped EU_4 with 12/27, an unloomed espada eslavona, and less than 25 body armor, clearly this is not a weak playstyle, and clearly the point system shows how great people are doing properly. (tbh the awlpike is a good enough weapon though, not op like the majority of the 2h class, but still a good weapon compared to regular things)
This. Just because a good player can do well with something, does not mean the weapon or build is OP. I'm also gonna agree on the awlpike. It is good, but not OP. It is powerful, but it's not as easy to use as other weapons. Just how it should be.

Now, FINALLY I can get to the OP:
Don't remove it for polearms purely. I'm gonna join Pentecost's view and say that the removal (well, not removal, but making it as long as when swinging) of the attacker stun on thrusts should be something that could be given to individual items (like unbalanced, knockdown, etc). This means it could be give to certain 2d polearms (halberd, bill etc), while keeping it on others. We could even give it to certain 1h and 2h. I doubt anyone have any problems with the shortswords for example, so that could a weapon type to get it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »
That's funny, cause last time we were in the same server you GTX after I killed you for the 7th time, last one with you and another greatsword user trying to gank me. Didn't even have to throw at you ^^
What? I do not remember that at all. Also, u never killed me seven times, so plz cut the made up stuff.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 03:55:13 am »
What? I do not remember that at all. Also, u never killed me seven times, so plz cut the made up stuff.
EU_4 on the 28th. Don't lie about lying, kiddo.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2012, 10:51:09 am »
Biased thread again...I don't get the logic here.

So pole stun was removed, everybody is crying lol wtf. Nobody plays poles because of polestun removed T_T ... bullcrap if you played it only because of the stun youre a little prick aboozer i play mighty GLB this gen, played Flam last one and i still say poles are better than 2h, i have a sentimental attachment to 2h so i still switch between the two.

The thrust stun for pikes is as bad as 2h so no reson to cry.

How about they fix the hitbox for long spear so people cant stab in the sky and drag the hit down towards you or hit you magically over people, or was that the way it was done in Macedonia centuries ago?

i can already see the machine gun stabbers with pikes if stun was removed, so one word: NO

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works