Poll

Is it alright to TK an ally who reports you because you hit him?

Yes
15 (12.4%)
No
102 (84.3%)
Other - please elaborate in comment
4 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Your thoughts on reporting TKs and on people who TK reporters  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Your thoughts on reporting TKs and on people who TK reporters
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 12:40:21 am »
+2
Why do people get mad when they are reported? Its stupid, you made a bad move, blame yourself not the victim of your failures.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:06 am »
I only report in the following 2 situations; if someone is being completely reckless and kill-greedy and smacking me repeatedly when it could be easily avoided if he would stop flailing his glaive around with no remorse for his surroundings, OR if goddamn kill hungry cav teamkills me or bumps me and causes my death when I and others clearly had the fight under control. Basically if you TW me because you're kill-hungry, you get the M.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 12:59:59 am »
+3
worst thing is when your typing in an apology for an unintentional team wound only to see you've been m'd by the fool who walked into your swing / ran under your horse.
Turtles

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 01:52:52 am »
+5
The message that comes up it ' player X has teamhit you, press M to report if you think it was intentional'. Its not the exact quote, but thats what it says essentially.
Wrong. That's not what it says. That was what it used to say, but chadz changed it almost immediatly to show that it was not just for intentional teamhits, but for all teamhits.

Here is what it says now: "wounded by *insert name*, hit [M] to report [15 seconds]"
(click to show/hide)

IIRC when the report system was introduced and it had the text you referred to, many people where complaining about being reported for accidental teamhits. It was a discussion whine topic about how someone got kicked when they only did accidental teamhits and how the reporter should be banned for griefing. It was either chadz or Cmpx who responded and basically said "you can report for any teamhits. If you teamhit someone, they are in the full right to report you. Watch your swings". The part about "if you think it was intentional" was only there for a very short time and never meant to be the only time when you are allowed to report someone.

Also: Not to be a dick or anything, but if you did a bit more in the Ban/unban section, you might have noticed what the text actually says, considering the teamwound message is what you would be looking for in 9/10 cases.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:42 am »
+3
I press M for when folks hit me in a foolish way.  The most common is ranged players shooting into melee.  Very rarely do I die or lose a lot of health from these hits but it's important to say "hey you!  Your bad decision cost me some health and I don't like that.  1/5"

I see it as a disincentive towards some sorts of reckless play.  If people become upset and don't get the message then, at the very least, they'll be less likely to act foolishly around me.

Don't be afraid to press M.  If you feel somebody is really after you intentionally though, continue to press M AND take screenshots.  This will help the admins help you.

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 02:27:04 am »
+2
EU2 is filled with people who just LOVE to run straight in between you and your current enemy, blocking your swings with their body, and then instantly reporting you.
Usually you have no chance to cancel your swing because they appear so suddenly from the side/behind that you teamhit before you know it.

This doesnt happen as much on battle because of the maps,  siege is usually more crowd fighting. And the respawn allows for more fighting.

The key is to communicate and explain to the new players, since experience players know when to use M, but new players usually doesnt know what the unwritten social rules are.
In general i think the report system is an improvement, because it makes people take a bit more care how they fight.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 01:36:27 pm »
The part about "if you think it was intentional" was only there for a very short time.

I admit I stopped really reading the log message about a week after it was implemented, but you sure it was there for a "short time" ? Really felt like it was in for a very long time, but then, its good that it has been changed because the report system is better if it encompasses both intentional and accidental teamhits.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:26 pm »
Buff M spam speed and nerf possible teamhit reports to 3 for kick. 5 is too many, 4 hits very often already does far too much damage.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 01:55:50 pm »
pressing M is indeed being abused, i hate autoreporters and i only press M when people hit me and dont say sorry or when they hit intentionally. I always give them a fair chance to say sorry and when i see they are not able to do that anyway, i will never press M. i hate people that just press M from the first hit.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:16 pm »
+2
I TK Micah and Shanks (on purpose) all the time and they never once pressed M  8-)

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 02:10:12 pm »
I TK Micah and Shanks (on purpose) all the time and they never once pressed M  8-)

ban

Also, I ragereport too often. You know, when a teamhit directly gets you killed by the enemy.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 02:18:32 pm »
I always rage press 'm' but making an actual ban request seems a little bit too much of a hassle for such a meaningless event. :lol:
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »
+2
I press M evrytime.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2012, 02:26:08 pm »
i rarely EVER team hit (like once every 3 or 4 maps), and that's because i'm not a kill hungry retard.

If you team hit me because you're

A - bad
B - going crazy to get a kill

then i'm going to report you. Learn your lesson and don't team hit.

IMO it should be an automatic reporting system, and 3 team hits should be an automatic 20 minute ban. That'd stop team hitting overnight.

---With this system there should be a way for the person who was teamhit to "Press M within 15 seconds to forgive the teamhitter". ---

If you are hit 3 times without being forgiven, 20 minute ban.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 02:29:42 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2012, 02:35:02 pm »
+1
I have noticed one major flaw in the report system, if you get tked like intentionally ofc you get hit multiple times till you die, but you can still only report it as 1/5 of teamhits or 2/5 if superfast and lucky, IMO it should have some kind of detection for autokick if you get teamhitted multiple times like in a timespan of 5 secs by the same guy