Author Topic: Bar fights tips:  (Read 14554 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Bar fights tips:
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2013, 11:10:52 am »
+1
Bar fight tips, Rumblood shouldn't fuck with me because I'd smash his little bitch ass all over the general vicinity.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2013, 01:52:17 pm »
Now seriously, if someone steals my beer while I'm playing pool, I will likely ask why, then offer it anyway. Is a beer really worth anything to you ? The idiot is probably trying to prove that he can, anyway.

Not like this ever actually happened to me, but this seems like the reasonable thing to do. Also look at the guy like the piece of turd he is, which is less reasonable.

Well, buddy, some people don't want to be doormats. If it's okay for anyone to just walk in and steal your beer and you're alright with it, that's cool. Expect to be walked over a lot.

Also, I don't understand how so many fellas here can have a problem with Rumblood headbutting some shitneck who gets in his face and threatens him. Seriously? Only reason I can think for being offended by that is that you're the sort of guy who does that. Otherwise, it's easy: don't be a fucking prick and you won't have to block someone's forehead with your nose.

Is a beer really worth anything to you ?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:23:22 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »
+3
I only actually bothered to read Rumbloods post just now to see what all the fuss was about and I'm still laughing.

"Second guy stood too far away while talking shit for that. I turned sideways to him with my hands down. When he stepped up to swing I judo chopped him in the throat and left when he went down choking."

I bet all kinds of awesome things happen in your imagination.  :lol:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »
+2

Throwing a punch cos a mate needs you is a different story, but wounded pride and personal insecurity are never a good excuse.

Essentially this, maybe its a cultural thing...
Turtles

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »
it's easy: don't be a fucking prick and you won't have to block someone's forehead with your nose.

I think you've had to that a lot... :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »
Never been a doormat, never had to to raise my fists for my own selfish pride in 5 years. Them being a prick and chatting shit and getting in your face doesn't justify you taking things up another notch

That's just, like, your opinion, man. If someone chooses to act like an asshole, then in my eyes they deserve whatever's coming their way. If they don't realize that they might, in the worst case (or best, depending on your perspective) end up dead, they're fooling themselves.

maybe when you're 17 and trying to act like a big man you think it's necessary- i sure as hell did. But then some day you give a guy a black eye without hesitating just for chatting shit when he's drunk (like so many of us do), a guy who's usually a mate or even your brother, and you realise you're the biggest prick in the world.
I'm very sad to hear that's what you've done. Some of us are in control of ourselves, though, and actually capable of assessing the situation. Why would you deck your friend or your brother for talking shit? If it really bothers you, you should mayhaps just not keep in touch with them. Only do what you're happy to live with.

wounded pride and personal insecurity are never a good excuse.
Responding with violence against someone shoving and threatening you isn't "wounded pride and personal insecurity." Not only are you allowed to legally defend yourself at that point, that guy deserves a beating for intentionally trying to ruin your good time by being a real Richard-head.

I think you've had to that a lot... :wink:
Actually no, unfortunately.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2013, 04:45:42 pm »
Well, buddy, some people don't want to be doormats. If it's okay for anyone to just walk in and steal your beer and you're alright with it, that's cool. Expect to be walked over a lot.

Nobody wants to be doormats, but some people never grow up. It's their fault being douches, not mine being patient, and I tend to avoid those. The guy would have had one beer, then the bar owner would probably learn about that before seeing me go seek a better place to hang out. It's his responsibility letting douchebags in. The only person that I couldn't avoid, that must have been in high school. Kicked out after I denounced him for cheating on me. Some people are just idiots. And yes that was deliciously sneaky. Fighting back would have granted me more bruises and punishments, and let's not forget I was two years younger.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2013, 04:50:16 pm »
+4
Kicked out after I denounced him for cheating on me.

Do you mean what i think you mean?
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2013, 04:52:06 pm »
It is wounded pride and insecurity. I'm in perfect control now as a result. But you've emphasised the point, what's the difference between a guy you know and normally like becoming an ass when drunk and a total stranger? As you say 'that guy deserves a beating for intentionally trying to ruin your good time', you didnt say it's only ok if it's a stranger, yet you clearly have standards beyond what you've said because you judge me for my assholish action. You've made clear that attacking a guy you know in those circumstances is a shitty thing to do, but at the same time you say 'If someone chooses to act like an asshole, then in my eyes they deserve whatever's coming their way', all i did was the logical next step of 'not taking any shit' on a night out when i was a young idiot, and it opened my eyes to the fact that there really isn't much difference.

I dunno, maybe it is a cultural difference, if you genuinely can't see why slugging a guy for provoking you is wrong then i'm just wasting my words. Maybe it is just considered 'right' in your country, and i can't judge.
When you're drunk you reveal what you're trying to hide while sober. I don't have buddies who become asses when drunk. I don't call dickheads "buddies", see, that's the difference.

I'm just assuming that someone you call a buddy has earned some credit with you, and hence you'll have more patience with him than a stranger. I can't really relate to your situation, though, since like I said, I wouldn't call someone who gets in my face and threatens me a friend.

It's not a cultural difference. I don't know about you, but I make my own choices, moral and otherwise. Culture has shit all to do with it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »
+1
Culture permeates attitudes and behaviours far more than you appreciate.  Look at any basic psychology book and it will tell you that.
Turtles

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »
Do you mean what i think you mean?

Kafein should respec to my old friendcher now :D
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »
Culture permeates attitudes and behaviours far more than you appreciate.  Look at any basic psychology book and it will tell you that.

Yes, it's the biggest influence for most people, and those people are sheeple. Like I said, culture has shit all to do with my choices and beliefs.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2013, 04:58:05 pm »
+1
Yes, it's the biggest influence for most people, and those people are sheeple. Like I said, culture has shit all to do with my choices and beliefs.

Self assessment is in no way valid or scientific.  You can believe you make your choices without any outside influence, you will be mistaken.
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »
Self assessment is in no way valid or scientific.  You can believe you make your choices without any outside influence, you will be mistaken.
You're entitled to your opinion, of course, however wrong it may be.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2013, 05:03:14 pm »
+2
You're entitled to your opinion, of course, however wrong it may be.
Same goes for you.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.