Author Topic: Bar fights tips:  (Read 14552 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Bar fights tips:
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2013, 07:55:31 pm »
Xant just from our little arguement you could have easily deduced that the people he is referencing are well known sociologists(/philosophers) and that their arguement has something to do with how environment shapes practically everything about a person. You don't need to read a book to get the gist of it, you can have it easily just from this thread.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2013, 07:58:06 pm »
wheres christ0
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:00:27 am by Sniger »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »
Xant just from our little arguement you could have easily deduced that the people he is referencing are well known sociologists(/philosophers) and that their arguement has something to do with how environment shapes practically everything about a person. You don't need to read a book to get the gist of it, you can have it easily just from this thread.

Yes, I've deduced that. How does that help? That's far, far too vague. I could as easily say environment doesn't have anything to do with how the person turns out. What he needs to provide is direct quotes and sources and these sources have to show how these fellows have reached that conclusion - or it's just "he said she said."
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Henry_Broodsonson

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhny3oz3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2013, 08:32:59 pm »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »
Sounds like a fantasy to me. I'm quite certain you just dream about this happening. After all, anything you couldn't do yourself must be in your imagination :lol:

You should stick to writing fictional stories about how you dropped a guy with a Judo Chop as he was going to throw a punch, they are funnier.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2013, 09:06:47 pm »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2013, 01:22:16 am »
+2
This whole argument is bullshit. The environment shapes human beings, NO SHIT. It still doesn't mean that every human is as strongly affected by this shaping, and if you really believe there are no cases that don't seem to be shaped very much at all, you should probably visit different parts of town once in a while.

You cannot disprove that Rumblood is only mildly affected by his environment. Your sociology or anthropology theories are a result of statistical research that establish trends and predictions for humanity in general or subgroups thereof, but they cannot be applied to individuals just like that.

You should stick to writing fictional stories about how you dropped a guy with a Judo Chop as he was going to throw a punch, they are funnier.

What is so hard to believe about a judo chop? It might be a funny name, but it's just a strike to the jugular, which is quite effective (and dangerous). It's actually pretty easy to do on an unprepared opponent, and also hard to see coming.

A better idea would have been a liver punch (if he was showing his right side), because that's also an almost guaranteed knockout, but much less dangerous than a strike to the throat. Most wannabe brawlers also assume a movie-like stance where they leave their body almost completely unprotected, so that it's easy to put a left hook in under their defense. The problem is mostly that they also turn too much, so that you usually see their left side only. But then you can hit their solar plexus with a left hook, which works almost as good, if they aren't obese or very well trained and you don't hit too high or low.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:51:51 am by zagibu »
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2013, 04:27:19 am »

What is so hard to believe about a judo chop? It might be a funny name, but it's just a strike to the jugular, which is quite effective (and dangerous). It's actually pretty easy to do on an unprepared opponent, and also hard to see coming.

A better idea would have been a liver punch (if he was showing his right side), because that's also an almost guaranteed knockout, but much less dangerous than a strike to the throat. Most wannabe brawlers also assume a movie-like stance where they leave their body almost completely unprotected, so that it's easy to put a left hook in under their defense. The problem is mostly that they also turn too much, so that you usually see their left side only. But then you can hit their solar plexus with a left hook, which works almost as good, if they aren't obese or very well trained and you don't hit too high or low.

Actually it's a strike to the Trachia and it's very difficult to pull off, let alone actually drop someone with in a real situation. Liver shots are good but again you need to be hitting the right spot, left hooks generally favour hitting the liver if your opponent is facing you. Hitting the solar plexus with anything can work, it doesn't just have to be a left hook.

But yeah, Rumblood is a fantasist and his stories are hilarious.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2013, 04:43:44 am »
Its okay buddy, think whatever helps you sleep better at night. Wouldn't want you having that recurring nightmare where you tried to throw a punch and suddenly couldn't suck wind through your neck.  :lol:

Here, let me make it even better for you. It was 2 of them wanting to kick my ass and I took that one out as quickly as possible knowing that if I didn't I would be fucked. But hell, you have trouble believing a simple chop to the throat, I didn't want your mind to be blown!  :P

Zagibu, I'm not left handed and he was on my right. Speed, surprise, and most of all, making sure he wasn't going to recover anytime soon was the main thing on my mind.

Oh and once again for the dense and oxygen deprived.

I learned from getting my ass whipped a couple times before that not to fight. Just end it quickly and leave. Don't stick around. If you don't see the opportunity to end it before it begins, then don't get into a fight at all. Yes, there could have been more than a few scraps, but those were when I knew to simply eat my pride and leave because I would have been fucked up bad. You better be really sure you can end it too. I simply got lucky both times.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2013, 05:43:23 am »
Calm down Chuck.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2013, 06:14:45 am »
What's this TRACHIA?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2013, 08:05:35 am »
Xant should be just ignored. After all, he's the same douche saying "The Holocaust never happened."
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2013, 08:17:30 am »
+2
D'awww, you're so cute when you're all mad, Benkei.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:19 am »
Amusing or rather sad... you're not even denying it.

How can anyone take anything you write here even slightly serious after such statement?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:02 am »
Sometimes, you have to be your own white knight.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.