Author Topic: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller  (Read 7695 times)

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Re: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2012, 09:39:04 am »
+1
It wasnt so much that i believed your post chesty, i believed Ostulor's post. Its whatever though, we'll still have our war, the location has just changed. With that last siege, iv finally completed the build i planned out during strat 2, cant wait to test it out.

Also Dach... your avatar disturbs me.... yet i cant stop staring at it in horror
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:49:53 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Sauce

• Duke
  • Renown: 597
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2012, 09:51:42 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:59:07 pm by Sauce »

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 10:09:50 am »
Also Dach... your avatar disturbs me.... yet i cant stop staring at it in horror

8-) Try to imagine french kissing that!  :lol: :P
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 10:12:49 am »
+3
8-) Try to imagine french kissing that!  :lol: :P

I really, REALLY dont want to
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:16:00 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:21 am »
+1
Good job on the castle siege Remnants.  I'm not happy we didn't hold the walls and especially the last gate house, but I think the biggest thing that tacked on to it was the spawn time.  I'm very happy with the organization we had and the people who signed up to fight for us.  Being able to have 5 different battalions working as a piece in the great unit was impressive.

Congrats on taking Sungetche, I will look forward to trying to retake my home land in the future.  You should probably kill off the population because they are loyal to the one true God!

You lost! And that's what happens when you unhire me!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 02:31:48 pm »
You lost! And that's what happens when you unhire me!

no that's what happens when I restart my computer right before the battle and don't notice that my mic was muted (the physical button I had to press on the mic).  I was literally yelling at one point in the siege and I didn't realize until after it was over that my mic was muted.

Maybe it's egotistical, but I was saying a lot of tactical stuff to myself  :(
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:31 pm »
+3
i think your first error was not hiring Cyranule when he applied.
Leader of BS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »
I just want to call bullshit on Hospitallers trying to act like underdog - they now have 16,500 troops in their fiefs, in addition to the over 10K troops they have already lost in this war - thats 26,500 troops - we have never even come close to those numbers and we attacked them with only half our army (the rest is for homeguard as much as Hosps try to get people to attack us it would be kind of stupid).

Even with Remnant's armies attacking them they still outnumber the combined attacking armies of remnant and fcc.  Every battle they have had equal gear to us.  I know they prefer to fight in plate and consider anything less than plate armor as under-equipped therefore making them underdogs - but we always fight in what they call "minimal" gear.  That doesn't make us an underdog.  This is pretty much an equal fight - but we get better k/ds - which makes a big difference.

Also, every faction has the same trouble - we have  a lot of inactives too and a bunch of people without strat ticks - we are smaller than Hosps and Occitan with active membership - and there is no way Remnant has 43 people active at this point - maybe 15?? at best making them a small faction against your much larger faction where you can recruit almost 27K troops - obviously more active members with strat ticks than both fcc and remnant combined.  We have every active person recruiting troops and cant produce those kinds of numbers.

P.S. also, yeah Cyranule was trying to help you guys despite our objections.  Really dropped the ball on that one.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 03:37:16 pm »
So many mad nerds in this thread.

Once you take Strat too seriously... You will have nightmares every night and wet the bed. Ask KUTT.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2012, 04:46:06 pm »
tradenis is safely in our territory, he found a liking to drzs rage quit leaving massive amounts of S&D for him. you got 80k worth of rounceys and lost 5 fiefs, while he got a free trip to EU making well over 400k and we got 5 new fiefs. a fair trade I guess?

You're welcome.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »
Not to mention Sauce's idea of diplomacy is insulting people who try to be diplomatic, and then taunting people and trolling them in game.  Ahh yes, good times indeed.

You did a pretty good job at looking reckless, rogue and bold at first. But at the first sign of danger, you not only took off and basically handed over all of your fiefs to V.E, but you also decided to attack a weaker faction that's already under siege in hopes of getting a new home far away from those evil TKoV guys that you so daringly attacked in the first place.  And people are upset with FCC for attacking "underdogs".

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »
Not to mention Sauce's idea of diplomacy is insulting people who try to be diplomatic, and then taunting people and trolling them in game.  Ahh yes, good times indeed.

You did a pretty good job at looking reckless, rogue and bold at first. But at the first sign of danger, you not only took off and basically handed over all of your fiefs to V.E, but you also decided to attack a weaker faction that's already under siege in hopes of getting a new home far away from those evil TKoV guys that you so daringly attacked in the first place.  And people are upset with FCC for attacking "underdogs".

Who are you?

and... You cannot take what Sauce always says to heart. He is honestly... probably the most honest, down to earth, charismatic, top model, sexiest person in Remnant. Hop off his nuts. Not his fault you have Chlamydia.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2012, 05:53:45 pm »
+2
Who are you?

Your worst nightmare.

and... You cannot take what Sauce always says to heart. He is honestly... probably the most honest, down to earth, charismatic, top model, sexiest person in Remnant. Hop off his nuts. Not his fault you have Chlamydia.

Reading comprehension is something you must lack.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »
+3
I just want to call bullshit on Hospitallers trying to act like underdog - they now have 16,500 troops in their fiefs, in addition to the over 10K troops they have already lost in this war - thats 26,500 troops - we have never even come close to those numbers and we attacked them with only half our army (the rest is for homeguard as much as Hosps try to get people to attack us it would be kind of stupid).

Even with Remnant's armies attacking them they still outnumber the combined attacking armies of remnant and fcc.  Every battle they have had equal gear to us.  I know they prefer to fight in plate and consider anything less than plate armor as under-equipped therefore making them underdogs - but we always fight in what they call "minimal" gear.  That doesn't make us an underdog.  This is pretty much an equal fight - but we get better k/ds - which makes a big difference.

Also, every faction has the same trouble - we have  a lot of inactives too and a bunch of people without strat ticks - we are smaller than Hosps and Occitan with active membership - and there is no way Remnant has 43 people active at this point - maybe 15?? at best making them a small faction against your much larger faction where you can recruit almost 27K troops - obviously more active members with strat ticks than both fcc and remnant combined.  We have every active person recruiting troops and cant produce those kinds of numbers.

P.S. also, yeah Cyranule was trying to help you guys despite our objections.  Really dropped the ball on that one.

It's not just raw troops, it's equipment for them too.  When you wiped KUTT you got all the gear from those battles plus what you brought.  You got their goods as well.  While you've been gathering up equipment, we've been spending equipment trying to repel invaders.  All these battles we lose (without re-attacking to stop your guys from taking the booty from the battle) allows you to keep gathering more gear.  It's a tough balancing act trying to not overextend yourselves and leave your fiefs even more vulnerable than they are versus trying to keep all the gear you guys bring to the steppe as presents for us.  I'm pushing for the latter, but so far have been unsuccessful.  I would have taken your approach and thrown everything at the invaders to not just repel them, but to take all their equipment they brought to fight us with.  My strategy would be, you may win this battle, but we'll have an army waiting to re-attack, and re-attack, and re-attack until we control all the gear that was used in those battles.

Also do you really think it would be smart for us to send most of our troops to repel the invaders?  It would leave us even more vulnerable for other factions to jump on board and try to take territory.

When it comes to your merc support and your influence on the map, you have a lot more support than we do.  You're eastern fiefs are defenseless and have been for over a month but nobodies coming to challenge your claims on them. 

And arguing about who's more of the underdog is fucking retarded...it's a war game, of course you want to better equipped, and have more troops than the enemy.

FUS also was signed up and asking to get in the battle, but when you have 100+ people signed up for a 51 spot roster, you have to pick and choose.  We're not going to take a merc who's part of a faction actively engaged with a war of aggression in our territory.  NO matter how good of a player he is, or how much we believe in his honor.  We had enough players to have an only level 30+ roster, and still had problems getting all our guys and all our friendly factions into the fight.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »
+2
Who are you?

I thought the sexiest person in Remnant was Noodles GG