Author Topic: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller  (Read 6982 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Remnant going to war against Hospitaller
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:53 am »
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1857

Remnants are attacking us at Sungetche castle.

So apparently they left Halmar area and are trying to work with FCC to relocate to the Steppe. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Re: Remnant going to war against Hospitaller
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:49:40 am »
+1
All that bullshit about not running from us, eh? poor show remnant
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:51:35 am »
+2
:(
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:54:11 am »
Bigger faction with lots of allies picking on smaller faction with very little ally support.. and while there down to boot.. who would have thunk it!?

But my self pity aside, We will not go down with out a fight, that is one thing you can always count on.. regardless if were chiselled down to our bare knuckles and no one beside us we will still try. See you lads tomorrow night, if you take our castle you will have earned it. If not we will see you another day I'm sure.

Good luck to all!  :)

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 08:02:20 am »
+2
We're working with Tkov to relocate hahaha.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 09:34:16 am »
Hospitallers will have my Sword through the war! Since Remnants decided to drop me from their roster against VE earlier, bastards.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 09:37:32 am »
+1
Hospitallers will have my Sword through the war! Since Remnants decided to drop me from their roster against VE earlier, bastards.

I remember that. You said "I hate you all."

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 10:17:18 am »
+3
so i take it FCC still wont fight TkoV even if their close friends(?) Remnants got attacked, instead it goes by plan.
... the last chance for freedom failed ... FailCC

devide and conquer
- community
- map
- enemies

was it all just a smoke&mirrow action?

and what are Hopitallers&friends(?) doing? Fighting in their own territory? Defending instead of conquering, at some point you need to get down from your walls and counter attack or the waves of incoming forces will never stop.

(just a bit heating up the game hear  :oops: )
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 10:29:10 am »
so i take it FCC still wont fight TkoV even if their close friends(?) Remnants got attacked, instead it goes by plan.
... the last chance for freedom failed ... FailCC

devide and conquer
- community
- map
- enemies

was it all just a smoke&mirrow action?

and what are Hopitallers&friends(?) doing? Fighting in their own territory? Defending instead of conquering, at some point you need to get down from your walls and counter attack or the waves of incoming forces will never stop.

(just a bit heating up the game hear  :oops: )

go worry about EU.
And clearly it would make tons of sense for FCC to attack VE while the majority of our forces are currently engaged in hosp lands >.> cause y'know even ignoring every other factor... it would totally make sense for us to fight VE on one side and hosp on the other.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:39:46 am »
go worry about EU.
And clearly it would make tons of sense for FCC to attack VE while the majority of our forces are currently engaged in hosp lands >.> cause y'know even ignoring every other factor... it would totally make sense for us to fight VE on one side and hosp on the other.
Indeed i totally agree with you, it wouldn't make any other sense as the way you do it already!
So the way you do it allows then some conclusions, you know like FCC and TkoV will also in the future stay out of each others way .. as it wouldn't make any sense ^^.

In any other wargame, i could never take the majority of my forces to only one far away place without having major diplomatic connections to my surrounding parties, which is not the way you like to be seen framed in the overall discourse here on the forums. The way you want to be seen is the singled out lonesome hero taking on the big guys. But you aren't David, you may not be Goliath either but you are definetly no David.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 12:51:39 pm »
like i said. worry about EU. you keep talking like you understand how things are on NA, but you really don't. Either that or you are just doing a really shitty and obvious job of trying to pressure us into doing something retarded.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 01:50:43 pm »
+1

In any other wargame, i could never take the majority of my forces to only one far away place without having major diplomatic connections to my surrounding parties, which is not the way you like to be seen framed in the overall discourse here on the forums. The way you want to be seen is the singled out lonesome hero taking on the big guys.

1.  majority???  You should check out our fiefs sometime.  We have 10,000 troops heavily armed on our border.  No one attacked us because it would have been suicide - not because we are buddy buddy with all our neighbors.  Its why we have been heavily outnumbered 2:1 in Hosp lands - we killed 8500 of them so far and they still had over 12K in their fiefs with a few wandering armies including aderyn's 1600 heavily armed.  If we felt safe to leave our borders unprotected this war would have been a LOT quicker as we would have had only slightly fewer numbers and could have risked assaulting cities and castles instead of doing a war of attrition by stealing almost 30K S&D and taking only 2 villages since we have been here.

2.  We found out about the Remnant decision to attack Hospitallers roughly around the same time you did - when the battle popped up on the battle roster.

3.  A sign of weakness will just bring in more attackers.  If hospitallers had thrown us out using superior numbers - yeah they would have lost a lot of troops but no one would have attacked them because it would have scared off others from attacking solo - but we have been wandering around their lands for over 2 weeks now with only rare attacks, which let other factions know Hosps were vulnerable - I know other factions are already considering attacking them mostly because they seem like free fiefs at this point or free S&D.  Its not some grand conspiracy - just practical sense.  If an equivalent sized army had invaded our lands we would have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at them and crushed them as utterly as we could, which would deter future attackers from joining those attackers.

4.  You really really don't get what is going on because you only hear half the story from the people you trade with - i know you haven't talked to us or Remnant or many other factions that would actually give a clear picture allowing you to speculate properly.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 02:14:26 pm »
+2
Not that it matters but Remnant is doing this on their own. The remnant strategy is beyond my comprehension but that is just how it goes.

FCC has a war. We also have hero party attacking bird clan again to deal with. Pretty sure we have enough on our plates for the moment.
Leader of BS

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 03:49:55 pm »
+4
If we had 12k armed troops as described we may have been able to do things a bit differently.  It would have been great to use superior forces to push them back or possibly even mount a counter attack, but the fact remains that we were still reeling from previous wars and just beginning to run regular trades again.  By the time FCC and Fallen jumped on the bandwagon,  our armies were just starting to see basic armaments and minimal upkeep.  Proof of this is seen in our battles where we have had to fight with minimal gear.  The majority of which has been broken from previous battles.

We were not some giant hulking war machine when FCC walked in and with lack of mercs or allies, It has become a very difficult fight.  Now with Remnant jumping in, things have really hit the fan.

Strategus tends to play out like Risk, so it is understandable that others will come and prey on an already weakened faction.  With the current mechanics and map size, there is little incentive to risk everything on a war with a like sized faction.  This is fine as it is part of the game, but it is a stretch to say that the two sides are on equal footing.

Even so, we will use these battles to have a good time and get some awesome XP.  We will fight to the bitter end if we must and go down as gracefully as possible.

Thanks to those who have supported us thus far with mercs or trade.  You guys have really been a God send to us at times.  I just wish we had better stuff for you all to fight with!  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:08:24 pm by Peppovitch »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 06:28:00 pm »
+1
like i said. worry about EU. you keep talking like you understand how things are on NA, but you really don't. Either that or you are just doing a really shitty and obvious job of trying to pressure us into doing something retarded.
well i am wondering about things not pressuring you into anything, not like i said "worry about TkoV and attack them, don't you dare form an opinion about EU ^^", it was more in the sense that there has never been a hostile move between your factions, which is ok too. Don't get me wrong, having a stable trading partner is a nice thing to have, whereby i assume with the New TkoV holdings in the Desert they may consider to make majorly internal trades.

1.  majority???
that wasn't actual my statement
...while the majority of our forces are currently engaged in hosp lands...

... You should check out our fiefs sometime.  We have 10,000 troops heavily armed on our border.  No one attacked us because it would have been suicide
true that, i missed out on that

4.  You really really don't get what is going on because you only hear half the story from the people you trade with - i know you haven't talked to us or Remnant or many other factions that would actually give a clear picture allowing you to speculate properly.
that's why i engage here as i don't know about everything and yes i do trade with those close to EU border but also with others, the NA trade is not the biggest income source of CFA but a stable one. Those in NA i do trade with know that i also trade with others in NA and they are aware that i don't make any differences with whom i trade in NA. If at some point Hospitallers would be taken out i intend to make trade with whomever would followed them, till then i still make trade with them nothing nasty about that, same as FCC/TkoV trade as we established in an earlier discussion.