Author Topic: Question For EUs  (Read 7756 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Question For EUs
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2012, 09:13:01 pm »
+2
If a deranged guy over here goes berserk, he does not go to the black market (as if he knew how to get anything from that), he does not get a gun license or anything, he just grabs a knife or something and goes to town with that, wounding one, two, maybe three people, possibly lethally.
And yes, that happens here and pretty much everywhere else, where guns are not as easily available. If we had the same gun laws over here, you would be hearing of school/whatever shootings from over here just as much, if not more.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2012, 11:42:38 am »
+2
If a deranged guy over here goes berserk, he does not go to the black market (as if he knew how to get anything from that), he does not get a gun license or anything, he just grabs a knife or something and goes to town with that, wounding one, two, maybe three people, possibly lethally.
And yes, that happens here and pretty much everywhere else, where guns are not as easily available. If we had the same gun laws over here, you would be hearing of school/whatever shootings from over here just as much, if not more.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »
+1
...and it would stop at 3 or maybe 4 people dead and not 20 when equipped with a firearm.
That`s the whole point of the discussion: less firearms = profit.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2012, 12:53:52 pm »
+2

Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Zaar

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Wait! I, Uryens, will try.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Prpavi Fan Club :P
  • Game nicks: Zaar, Zaaraza
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2012, 02:53:35 pm »
Mentally unstable person who was taught to shoot and has access to a frickin mini arsenal.

I really dont see how can anyone be that shocked that a tragedy like this could, and has, happened  :?
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery;
none but ourselves can free our mind"

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2012, 04:10:00 pm »
+1
...and it would stop at 3 or maybe 4 people dead and not 20 when equipped with a firearm.
That`s the whole point of the discussion: less firearms = profit.
..which is what i said.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2012, 04:28:40 pm »
I like how just a few hours after that incident the anti-gun lobby already started shouting "take all teh guns away durr!". It really shows that they don't give a flying fuck about the victims, they just care about their political agenda.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1777
  • Infamy: 2902
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2012, 05:43:22 pm »
+1
No one gives a fuck about victims. They are just 26 dead people, 20 of them being small children.

Today I've read a new article. It's about the killer and his family, again...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »
+2
I like how just a few hours after that incident the anti-gun lobby already started shouting "take all teh guns away durr!". It really shows that they don't give a flying fuck about the victims, they just care about their political agenda.

To be honest if the guy had no guns prior to this event, a majority of the victims would have survived.

Besides, stricter gun laws isn't really an end in itself. I don't see how could people care about that as their political agenda for malicious reasons. I mean what the hell, the knife industry ? On the other hand, gun manufacturers have a lot to lose if gun laws become less forgiving, and that is an agenda.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2012, 06:47:33 pm »
+1
No one gives a fuck about victims. They are just 26 dead people, 20 of them being small children.

Today I've read a new article. It's about the killer and his family, again...
The victims were arbitrarily picked as targets, what do you even want to read? Little Mike liked fries? Johnny hoped to become a pilot? How is any of that more interesting or important than what brought someone to doing such a thing?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »
It should be against the law to own a firearm?  How long have criminals been good at following the law?  Meth is against the law but there sure is a fuck ton of it being made every day in county.

I think there's a few people missing the major point that just because something is made illegal doesn't mean it won't be acquired anyway.  The only people who will have guns would be those who break the law in the first place, people who abide the law wouldn't have any guns.  In a country as big as the United States it's not hard to illegally import a firearm from a place like Mexico, considering it's right next door and there's already more drugs than you can conceive of crossing the border into the U.S from there.  Not that hard to smuggle firearms in as well.

EDIT:  As I said before, why would one kill him/herself and be remembered as a nobody when they could take down twenty others with them and be a glorified icon in the media?

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »
To be honest if the guy had no guns prior to this event, a majority of the victims would have survived.

Besides, stricter gun laws isn't really an end in itself. I don't see how could people care about that as their political agenda for malicious reasons. I mean what the hell, the knife industry ? On the other hand, gun manufacturers have a lot to lose if gun laws become less forgiving, and that is an agenda.

The political agenda has nothing to do with guns, children, or any kind of statistic that the politicians throw around after a major event involving guns, but an agenda targeting the constitution that protects the guns. If you can alter one part of the constitution, you can alter every part.

Now should our constitution be changed as time goes on to adapt to the new technology and circumstances of the world? That is debatable I suppose, but from the perspective of a politician, and certainly a politician in power being able to alter the constitution (the one thing stopping you from doing almost anything) you can see how something like a school shooting starts these debates.

Now grant it, it may be different in Europe, but it is not possible to truly prohibit guns in America. Anything that can fit in a shoe box is readily available here regardless of legality, and I sure every American with half a brain (could be a small number) knows this to be true.

Just like in drugs however, when the gov't cannot protect your property, (drugs) you need your own protection. How many Lives would it really cost a year to make it legally hard to own a gun?
Just like car accidents, gang wars and other drug related murders greatly outnumber mass shootings in the U.S. its nice to think of a peaceful world without shootings, but its just not going to happen.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2012, 10:54:46 pm »
The political agenda has nothing to do with guns, children, or any kind of statistic that the politicians throw around after a major event involving guns, but an agenda targeting the constitution that protects the guns. If you can alter one part of the constitution, you can alter every part.

Now should our constitution be changed as time goes on to adapt to the new technology and circumstances of the world? That is debatable I suppose, but from the perspective of a politician, and certainly a politician in power being able to alter the constitution (the one thing stopping you from doing almost anything) you can see how something like a school shooting starts these debates.

Now grant it, it may be different in Europe, but it is not possible to truly prohibit guns in America. Anything that can fit in a shoe box is readily available here regardless of legality, and I sure every American with half a brain (could be a small number) knows this to be true.

Just like in drugs however, when the gov't cannot protect your property, (drugs) you need your own protection. How many Lives would it really cost a year to make it legally hard to own a gun?
Just like car accidents, gang wars and other drug related murders greatly outnumber mass shootings in the U.S. its nice to think of a peaceful world without shootings, but its just not going to happen.
Well.
I guess we can write the New World off then, right now. Nothing can save that misbegotten wildland of brigands and criminals. :|

(click to show/hide)

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2012, 11:34:02 pm »
+2
The victims were arbitrarily picked as targets, what do you even want to read? Little Mike liked fries? Johnny hoped to become a pilot? How is any of that more interesting or important than what brought someone to doing such a thing?

Id say the character of the killer is something to be analysed by professionals. What the general public can get from it I dont know.

Oh a few people might have the insightful understanding of how an individual's personal pain can become a destructive outlet causing such an event and perhaps they might consider certain people in their lives that are in similar situations. But for most it will just be representative of sensationalism, loners and violence with guns.
I also seriously doubt the media will portray it in such a helpful manner either, nor would they feel inclined to.

It is a cliche that giving too much attention to those who commit these events could cause others to idealise the legacy of such an outcome. But it is probably a fairly correct cliche in some cases.

As for the man, or rather boy, who committed these murders; I do think it is a shame that he felt driven to this act. What he went through to cause this reaction is worthy of sympathy and consideration, what he did is worthy only of condemnation.

But it doesnt arouse anger in me. Just general sadness, not that my sadness is worth anything or even worth posting about.

Besides, will the media give any real insight into what events in his life drove him to this? I suppose ill have to wait and see if a decent article or report pops up.

I suppose I understand that drippy sentimentality is not of much use, but then neither is pointless sensationalism.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:45:13 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2012, 05:59:40 pm »
+2
So, in a world where everyone has guns. I would be scared shitless if someone would open fire on Times Square for example. Because the killer can easily blend in the crowd and everyone has a gun. Besides, people suddenly pulling out guns in a panic situation leads to a bunch of scared people wielding weapons looking for someone pointing a gun at them. Nevermind the terror of someone trying to protect himself, misses the shooter and hits some innocent. And hell, why not get shot himself by another innocent thinking he's the gunman.

At least when only criminals and law enforcement have guns, we know that all who have guns are criminals or law enforcement and there are less morons waving guns when shit hits the fan.