Author Topic: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)  (Read 10742 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:27 pm »
+1
Try communicating with your players and have your scouts actually inform leadership what's going on...that's how we've all been doing it from day 1 of strat (besides the multi-accounters). 

And you think in a strategy game you should be able to see what the enemy is doing on the other side of the world when your nearest guy is half a world away?  lol cmon

I get more disenfranchised with strat every day.

I think most of us are just romanticizing the notion of how great strategus could be, rather than what it actually is.  The idea of strategus is epic and game breaking...
Oh, how great could it be! All the possibilities of micromanagement still left untapped! Maybe we shouldn't even see fiefs and our own faction members on the map outside our own line of sight?

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:56 pm »
i think topic is about something else....stick on it or fck your selfs with filthy fingers
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »
Oh, how great could it be! All the possibilities of micromanagement still left untapped! Maybe we shouldn't even see fiefs and our own faction members on the map outside our own line of sight?

I can see the justification for seeing your members and fiefs (should only be able to at level 2 or above so you can leave new recruits in the dark, but I digress...)

I don't think it's bad micromanagement.  If you want a player to do something, they need to be able to communicate it to the people making decisions.  You should have to send out a spy to scout out enemy fiefs (IMO), and if enemies are marching on your northern border and you're far away in the south, you should need someone to inform you there's enemies coming.

Otherwise I fail to see why we're even playing the game if it's a single player version of a strategy game that you're looking for (where one person manages everything).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2012, 10:09:51 pm »
+1
Greys are coming, lets have us a war....

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »
+6
Greys are coming, lets have us a war....

Isn't it the cutest attack formation ever?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:43 am »
Tshibtin? Not again  :cry:

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 12:24:39 am »
I can see the justification for seeing your members and fiefs (should only be able to at level 2 or above so you can leave new recruits in the dark, but I digress...)

I don't think it's bad micromanagement.  If you want a player to do something, they need to be able to communicate it to the people making decisions.  You should have to send out a spy to scout out enemy fiefs (IMO), and if enemies are marching on your northern border and you're far away in the south, you should need someone to inform you there's enemies coming.

Otherwise I fail to see why we're even playing the game if it's a single player version of a strategy game that you're looking for (where one person manages everything).

Faction Members press a button "Report" and it sends the info they can see (a screenshot) to their leaders (rank 10). said info is not updated for the leaders until the member in question actually presses "Report."  This shit is simple people, what are you all bitching about?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:32:03 am by Farrix »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2012, 12:27:03 am »
+7
So basically this system does require both people to be online at the same time, just removes the need for a clunk "Take a screenshot and upload it to a image share and then paste me the link and I'll see it whenever" and instead requires "Click this button and I'll see it whenever."

Oh... So... Gamebreaking... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where are my torches and pitchforks, this is practically multi-accounting! How could an Overlord possibly okay this terrible cheater mechanism!?
(click to show/hide)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2012, 12:36:53 am »
+2
whoah whoah whoah....lets clarify...I haven't used the program in question and have no idea how it works. I just made my post in reply to hat huseby was saying...Your post tears, and huseby's posts contributed to how I think this tool should be implemented in strat in a legitimate fashion. I have no idea what this tool actually does cause I am not one of the cool crew that got invited. Maybe it is cheating, I dunno. It just seems from these posts that it makes the whole," Send me a screenshot" deal a lot more streamlined and simple.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2012, 12:43:50 am »
whoah whoah whoah....lets clarify...I haven't used the program in question and have no idea how it works. I just made my post in reply to hat huseby was saying...Your post tears, and huseby's posts contributed to how I think this tool should be implemented in strat in a legitimate fashion. I have no idea what this tool actually does cause I am not one of the cool crew that got invited. Maybe it is cheating, I dunno. It just seems from these posts that it makes the whole," Send me a screenshot" deal a lot more streamlined and simple.

Let's clarify: It is essentially how it works though, as if they leave the browser open but with no activity, it does not update. You need to click.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2012, 01:08:56 am »
Faction Members press a button "Report" and it sends the info they can see (a screenshot) to their leaders (rank 10). said info is not updated for the leaders until the member in question actually presses "Report."  This shit is simple people, what are you all bitching about?

Well I stand corrected then...still think it's shady and obviously an attempt by people to get a leg up on the competition who's using the normal website.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2012, 01:24:08 am »
Well dude, it is an attempt to get a leg up on the competition. That's the point of the game. All this appears to me to be is a higher degree of communication within a clan or a group of clans than what the competition has. It is perfectly possible for someone to transmit the same information via a generic method (screenshots) which would just be impractical. They shouldn't be called cheaters because they  found a way to improve communication within their clan. For those of you who want to whine that it is like multi-accounting, no that is retarded. This tool respects the individuality of each player/CD key. Multi-accounting corrupts the sense that every player has their own character on strat.

Tool=Capitalism (everyone has a chance) Multi-account=Communism (we're all the same, yay!)

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2012, 01:27:41 am »
Tool=western europe/usa(so it can't be bad right?) Multi-account=eastern european(ban all those dirty slavs for cheating)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2012, 01:38:30 am »
Tool=Capitalism (everyone has a chance) Multi-account=Communism (we're all the same, yay!)

Except this tool is not open to everyone.

PLEASE PEOPLE TAKE THIS TALKING TO THE STRAT DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT IT AND NOT HERE!

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2012, 01:52:09 am »
ur right it isn't open to everyone, something which I clearly bitched about in a previous post. I was speaking in hyperbole and you took it literally. Way to go.