Author Topic: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)  (Read 10772 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 07:45:22 pm »
+2
Tears I'd love to see you give some backing behind your claims that "everyone is using a tool like this, not just anti-UIF."
Also, I literally have no idea what you're trying to say in your post so I'm gonna ahead and assume you entirely missed the point, which is "anti-UIF are awful awful hypocrites for complaining about multi-accounting while simultaneously developing a third party hack for private usage that does all the same things."

I agree but you are missing the massive point there, as a staff member

There were massive complaints in Strat 2 and Strat 3. Staff didn't do anything until rest of the players decided to take justice into their hands. Now you have a very angry crowd ready to do anything. Things shouldn't get that big at the first place. Deliberately some people were allowed to cheat and play. Look at the multiaccounting topic, how many of these guys are still around and playing? Whole system has changed because of this, it was all unnecessary. chadz also mentioned an another system in development to stop massive blocks, fair enough. Point is staff didn't do what it should be done "in time" Don't get me wrong I'm not justifying anything. But instead of looking out of the box, look at yourself a bit too.

Oh yeah new model army

And we could spend our whole lives waiting for some thunderbolt to come
And we could spend our whole lives waiting for some justice to be done
Unless we make our own

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2012, 07:46:46 pm »
+3
Guys and Girls.

This thread is not about that "tool" and trust me i told and asked many Devs and guys before we even tested it.
It shows like a screenshot when your clan member see somone on map and how long time ago.
It is not so you see all he sees, it takes 10 min from each screeshot.

Back to the competition.

Please dont ruin my thread with all this bullshit
Fuck you, your thread was already bullshit, what kind of a pathetic move is offering looms for troops, would never expect something this low from anyone but mercs, and I love how you guys always jerk off about how awesome your "free trade area" is when it was clearly created to manipulate randommers into giving you troops. *Sends a thousand guys off to attack nordmen from Dhirim* *asks for troops in Dhirim complaining about those unfair multiaccounterer grey cheaters hurting you*... please stop being pathetic.

Ok, so you complain about anti UIF multiaccounting and massive carebearing, yet you suck UIF dick? If you have a problem with this, then it should be for both sides...
I didn't complain about you multiaccounting, I just stated that you're just as big multiaccounters as nordmen, drz, and every other uif faction that had no bans and now that we know about your program I guess that was wrong on my part, you're worse.
I sure am sucking UIF dick by stating that anti UIF are worse than them, I know it may be hard for you to comprehend but just because I think you're the worse of the two sides doesn't mean I'm in love with UIF.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 07:47:38 pm »
+5
How is this tool "cool"?  It's one step removed from multi-accounting...

This is fucking ridiculous that you can see line of sight what your faction members see...getting tired of all this magically seeing shit in strat.  I still think it's against the essence of a strategy game to be able to see troops, population, gold and trade goods in any fief anywhere on the map...the fuck is that shit?

Let's get serious...cmon now.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2012, 07:47:57 pm »
+2
Deliberately some people were allowed to cheat and play.

Yeah chadz only bans UIF players for cheating and not anti-UIF you have that right.

Offline Shik

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 07:50:12 pm »
+1
Not everyone, just more then most people might think. This type of program has been around for a very long time as MrIlluminati (SP?) constructed the first incarnation of it way back when Loki was captain of the Brigade, and while he was the first to go about this he was hardly the last, similar programs are all over the place now.
Fair enough. I'm genuinely interested in who else you think uses a program similar to that though, if you've got proof. Personally I can't think of any NA factions that would've been using a similar tool in previous strat iterations, much less having even known such a tool existed.

@Nocti I don't develop strat, I just play the game - so I'm the wrong person to yell at.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:06:40 pm by Shik »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:11 pm »
+5
Yeah chadz only bans UIF players for cheating and not anti-UIF you have that right.
Banning the multiaccounters in UIF is something I approve of, but not banning everyone using such a disgusting tool is something I heavily disagree with, it's the exact same damn thing, especially seeing as Union didn't actually grind troops on their accounts.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
+1
It's not the EXACT same thing as multi-accounting (multi-account you can move the player, transfer equip, do trade runs, raid/attack, etc), but it's very fucking close if you can see everything your faction members can see.

I think it's just as absurd as being able to see the troops in a city that is 100,000 meters across the map.  That's ridiculous and ruins a lot of the strategy part of strategus.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2012, 08:06:37 pm »
@Nocti I don't develop strat, I just play the game - so I'm the wrong person to yell at.

I'm not asking anyone to code anything, putting pressure on devs could be sufficient enough. Afaik nobody did that. Did you actively (like now) support the players who were against cheating back in time? If you did well done, but if not you might look a bit "hypocrite" now.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:32 pm »
Well, obviously it is not multiaccounting or accountsharing. As CrazyCracka pointed out, accountsharing gives much more possibilities. Actually I'd like to see it in game and I really hope that devs will implement something like this, it would reduce micromanagement you need to manage faction.
But... As it is now, there is no such option in game and using this tool is clearly cheating, which should be stopped(though as I understand noone but Wolves use it now). Or if it is very difficult - this tool should be available for everyone(which is maybe even better).

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 08:15:57 pm »
I really don't see what the fuss is about that tool, it doesn't allow you to do anything that you couldn't do without it (albeit in a much more uncomfortable way with bitching at other clanmembers and whatnot, with the exception of perhaps seeing what other people see whilst they are offline).
This should've been in strat from the start.

Cheating is doing something that shouldn't be possible within the normal game rules. You can share screenshots and communicate what you see on the strat map, you can't make this not possible.
Multiaccounting is way different, since it gives you the advantages of actually controlling more avatars on the strat map and actually having more avatars than you should have.

This is fucking ridiculous that you can see line of sight what your faction members see...getting tired of all this magically seeing shit in strat.  I still think it's against the essence of a strategy game to be able to see troops, population, gold and trade goods in any fief anywhere on the map...the fuck is that shit?
Try playing a strategy game, but where you only see what the currently selected unit sees.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 08:22:16 pm »
+4
Cheating is doing something that shouldn't be possible within the normal game rules. You can share screenshots and communicate what you see on the strat map, you can't make this not possible.
Multiaccounting is way different, since it gives you the advantages of actually controlling more avatars on the strat map and actually having more avatars than you should have.

The same can be said about accountsharing(and is used as justification by banned Union players) - people can run caravans, armies, etc, it is all possible, but with accountsharing it requires less efforts and can be done when people are offline. Which is completely wrong, cause it gives advantage over players that don't use it.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 08:28:07 pm »
+3
If I recall correctly, Scouts had to hand over their gained information to their Masters - Their masters wouldn't just get it out of thin air.

*Edit* Forgot to RP. "I believeth thy faction is sharing intelligence by unfair means which shouldeth be ceased immediately."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:42:44 pm by BASNAK »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »
+1
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/cheating-or-no/

Take the discussion about this to that thread. Lets leave this thread to Merc Army recruiting.

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2012, 09:59:57 pm »
+3
So much bullshit in this topic.

Lets start with the two most outlandish claims:

Only had so few multiaccounters that it didn't even impact any economy

Do I even need to comment that one? An entire faction was banned for multi accounting, conveniently placed in the center with most of their fiefs specced for trading. Considering the close cooperation when it comes to trading among the primary UIF factions I am sure their, and to be more specific, the role of their multi accounting was certainly completely insignificant for UIF trade. Mulit accounting is the worst form of cheating in browser games, short of hacking the DB and unchecked multiing is the death for any browser game!

eveloping a third party hack for private usage that does all the same things

This "hack" was green lit by Harald and chadz to be open for usage by everyone and afaik a partial integration into strat.
Overall it's actually not that useful. You don't get 24/7 surveillance from all the connected players they need to be online and active on Strat, clicking things. You could get the same and more information talking to the people who are currently online and active anyway.

I actually wanted to post the screens of the dates people registered on this page to debunk Thovex outlandish claims about our supposed massive advantages from this magical super-tool that plays strat for you!

But he posted them himself already without noticing the significant part. Nords started to use it at the same time as us. Only the Wolves themselves and their two tiny allies started to use it at an earlier date. I am sure their massive impact on UIFs success during that time can not possibly be overstated. The low number of people from huge factions like our own or the Crusader Alliance f.e. is a pretty good indicator for its actual usefulness. Personally I have disabled the script again after a few days.

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »
Try playing a strategy game, but where you only see what the currently selected unit sees.

Try communicating with your players and have your scouts actually inform leadership what's going on...that's how we've all been doing it from day 1 of strat (besides the multi-accounters). 

And you think in a strategy game you should be able to see what the enemy is doing on the other side of the world when your nearest guy is half a world away?  lol cmon

I get more disenfranchised with strat every day.

I think most of us are just romanticizing the notion of how great strategus could be, rather than what it actually is.  The idea of strategus is epic and game breaking...

Maybe Planetside 2 can make a Medieval melee game similar to the gameplay of PS2
 - Stolen from Macropussy