Author Topic: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)  (Read 10771 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Anti UIF Troop collection competition. (EU-Dhirim Area)
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2012, 05:19:17 am »
+4
UIF lived without:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The development to this tool started around 2 months ago, it has been shown to admins and developers.

The purpose of it is to introduce new game mechanics and make them available for the development team to include those into strategus easily.
As the development just started and betatester were needed, yes those chosen were those which are closer or more trusted for one or the other reason, this is human nature. Over time more and more factions will be included.

The development atm focuses on a diplomatic system & a contract system. Later enhancements to armory to get rid of so much micromanagment i experienced in this game, A area of Influence map, which is close to the automap solutions posted here on the forum, whereby the density of faction color layers over the map are defined by troops stationed in fiefs and the width of that area depends on the population in fiefs and other variables.
The idears for this and the management to get developers to improve things for all of us and therefor also the responsibility however you the community in the end would judge those developements are taken on soly by myself.

Read the about section to get more details what is intended with this tool.
And as it is now open for public anyways i will see to it that the access to this tool will be eitehr streamlined.
For now you can send me PM and request keys and i will send you 5 keys for starters so you can test the strat viewer.(the keys are for security concerns of the main developer of this tool, and i hate them as i need to administrate and handishly create them for every single one of you, at the time this would be included into the real strategus they wouldn't be needed anymore)

In a different thread i will open up in due time, i will explain in detail the actual mechanics and balancing which has been done so far.
I hoped to make this in my own time, as i don't like to show unfinished products, this is like pre alpha version so anything you see is not set in stone, it still can greatly change.

To the accusations of cheating, multiaccounting/-sharing due to these developments. Believe me or not this is totally up to your own madness. My intentions were to show ways to get different game mechanics included which in the end we all could profit from not only a selected few. With including also the first Anti-UIF faction, the Nords this should have given them the same chances. Still this is a work from few people which partly also having a real life or as in my case i also have other stuff to do so taking other factions in could have been done faster or not, i don't really care about that as i want to get the product finished at some point. Those who had been accused for cheating and now posting here this would be the same ... this development has also been started and carries idears to reduce the effectiveness, need, gratifications ... from those who use multiaccounting/account shareing(go fuck your self) and make some of their advantages available to others.
Atm you only have my word for it, that there is no foulplay, that your strategus/crpg accounts wouldn't be hacked or as Thovex little paranoid mind put it, but also not the first to ask, that the information used through what the Strat-Viewer provides wouldn't be open to see and use by f.e. myself, it is sepparated by factions and later at the time we are finished with the diplomatic system the shared line of site in a diminished form would also be available throughout allied factions. Already the shared line of sight, produces less information as what you would see if you have someone actually in your spotting range and no hidden targets can't be seen with it, bandits in the woods are still safe ^^ in an an alliance then even less information would be shared of LoS.

Please have patience and give us the time to conclude with this so we may show you the final product, with what then the strategus developers have a showcase and also already ready to use sources, so if chadz chooses to use them he could do so with less time needed on his own side to develop this.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2012, 05:46:51 am »
Opinion changed, I just never read the whole thread (again).  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:12:48 am by tizzango »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2012, 06:19:54 am »
It takes the fun out of it that way- less communication and teamwork, essentially. Personally, I liked it when you had to find someone via Steam, TS or Forum PMs to ask them to do something or ask for an update (during my small time of being active in strat). And if you are saying it's not that advantageous then fuck it, revert back to old school and don't even give the UIF anything to legitimize their claim that Anti_UIF are just as bad. 8-)
the need for communication is still there. The things you are able to see are very limited, if you want exact informations you still need to contact someone who has the target in question actually in his spotting range. You can't manage other accounts with this, shit still needs to be done by every single player. Overall Tizzango as to everyone, if you have a faction with 5+ people send me PM or even better contact me through steam(kinngrimm) or best come to ts3:"cotgs.de", i will give you an introduction into that tool(*sigh* i see my next days talking to hundreds of people explaining stuff) and will give you full access to the tool, then you can make an educated judgment and we can talk how to improve and balance the advantages it gives so far. As also stated already, this is not the end version, when it is done as i imagine it, with every advantage you will gain other things may become more difficult.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:55 am »
Kinngrimm, that was my initial opinion before I continued to read the thread. I editted my post and retracted my statement when I found out it was only a screenshot sender, in essence.

I thought it acted almost as a radar, and you could send orders to each node (if you want to carry on the analogy of a radar :D), and you could see the whole map.

Sorry :P

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2012, 07:12:58 am »
Kinngrimm, that was my initial opinion before I continued to read the thread. I editted my post and retracted my statement when I found out it was only a screenshot sender, in essence.

I thought it acted almost as a radar, and you could send orders to each node (if you want to carry on the analogy of a radar :D), and you could see the whole map.

Sorry :P
kk :)

anyways i initiated a thread in Strategus General(Strategus Enhancement Project), where i will provide information about the current developments and would answer any questions you guys here would have

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 07:36:39 am »
+3
Faction Members press a button "Report" and it sends the info they can see (a screenshot) to their leaders (rank 10). said info is not updated for the leaders until the member in question actually presses "Report."  This shit is simple people, what are you all bitching about?

You a born liar or just gifted? It automatically uploads your data to the server everytime you refresh you firefox page. Then when member B refreshes his page he sees everything you uploaded last time.
So I agree it doesnt sound so baaaad in general priniciple, if the strategus page was limited to 5 refreshes a day it wouldnt be so bad, but on the map their are certain.... hotspots that allow you see nearly the whole map without fog of war, now normally this requires the use of manual updating, someone clicking and uploading screenshots etc etc something that cant happen while he is at work (normally) or sleeping. However with this "tool" you download a simple auto refresh extension for firefox and you can set your webpage every 5 minutes to auto refresh. So you send your guy to a hotspot and magic you have unlimited line of sight on the map and no fog of war on the whole map either.

As for quiting when loosing..... you will believe what you want regardless of what you know or do not know.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:57 am »
Andswaru, don't listen to him. :|
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2012, 07:56:23 am »
+1
However with this "tool" you download a simple auto refresh extension for firefox and you can set your webpage every 5 minutes to auto refresh. So you send your guy to a hotspot and magic you have unlimited line of sight on the map and no fog of war on the whole map either.

Now that's clever, hmm....

*strokes evil pointy goatee in deep thought*

Irregardless, so few people use it right now that it is more amusement then actually useful, and it is going public.

Sorry Ginger for your thread being so horribly derailed, it is both a gift and a curse, I do apologize.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2012, 07:59:08 am »
+1
*strokes evil pointy goatee in deep thought*
damn you tears for printing your avatars image with a goatee into my brain  :evil:

ontopic:
ginger this is a nice idear to get grinding centralized, but with my experience of my vassals who are transferring troops from time to time, i lost with only 10 guys doing that pretty soon track who actually last transferred how much.
I wouldn't do the transferring by pure letting drop and then pm, but they should contact you in ts and you then could confirm right away and add tickets to your list, i think that would be more reliable for both sides.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:04:33 am by kinngrimm »

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 08:21:34 am »
+5
In my humble opinion (unaffiliated with faction) UIF quit when they started losing. They are quitters. When Hospi got wiped in the past, did Hospi quit? No, no we didn't. UIF, at least for me, will permanently have a reputation as pussies because they quit when the going got tough.

Fuckin Pansies.
Code: [Select]
[10:14] <Tears> I like that DRZ after starting to lose decided to quit strat
[10:14] <@Shik> lol what kind of propaganda is that
[10:14] <Tears> Apparently strat is not fun without their massive block to back them up
[10:14] <@Shik> DRZ quit because the game is horrible
[10:14] <@Shik> and they lost 10k stacks to bugs
[10:14] <Smoothrich> i was in so many of those battles of DRZ getting owned
[10:14] <Smoothrich> with fallen armies
[10:14] <Smoothrich> sieging their cities and castles
[10:14] <Smoothrich> oh wait
[10:14] <Smoothrich> nothing ever happened
[10:14] <Smoothrich> lol
:)
During this months of Strat 4 how many fiefs we lost until we quit? I remember one - Mechin village. How many years would Ani-Uif needs to capture all our fiefs if we could still transit caravans, manage fiefs & armies & do other micromanagement stuff?
Even now when we are just sitting in fiefs & doing nothing(just checked the map: no DRZ caravan, recruiter or army is on the move) they don't strike us.  :?

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2012, 08:40:46 am »
During this months of Strat 4 how many fiefs we lost until we quit? I remember one - Mechin village. How many years would Ani-Uif needs to capture all our fiefs if we could still transit caravans, manage fiefs & armies & do other micromanagement stuff?
Even now when we are just sitting in fiefs & doing nothing(just checked the map: no DRZ caravan, recruiter or army is on the move) they don't strike us.  :?

they are afraid about your skill they know they need 10time what you have to get a chance to hurt you :)
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2012, 08:48:55 am »
+2
During this months of Strat 4 how many fiefs we lost until we quit? I remember one - Mechin village.
wait what now you admit to being UIF openly ;)

How many years would Ani-Uif needs to capture all our fiefs if we could still transit caravans, manage fiefs & armies & do other micromanagement stuff?
Well without Union who made trade i guess at least for The Empire, which with that in mind , 2 major factions broke of and Occitan going back to NA and Grey Order now quitting and you(?)too, Nords still defending their stuff, the political situation will change dramaticaly ^^
But are those really all the evil deeds of the Eastern Block?
Vendetta openly admitted to account sharing as did Union in the end to multi accounting, after being banned ^^
There maybe a big question mark with Grey Order bans, but from Dahlis last post and reading there in between the lines it is highly likely that also GO did account share again.
Still i wouldn't complettly ban those palyers characters for cRPG but only fitting to the crime for strategus. Then again i am not admin or dev.

Strategus over all i predict will survive all this, there will be at some point after or while the fiefs have been redistributed new wars spreading and new alliances beeing formed, if you choose to be passive that is your choice.
In the beginning of this strat i spoke to Nebun, and he said in the case of getting wiped DRZ would become a bandit faction, so do it. with 80 active players you could be a major pain in the arse of anyone on the map, also with 80 active players you would be welcome on many rosters ... who wouldn't want to have your archer artillary ^^

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2012, 09:33:34 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2012, 09:41:18 am »
+1
Lol, this tool gives you almost all advantages of multiaccouting. Of course it is OK if everyone could use it, but sharing it only among your carebear is nothing better than multiacc.

You've taking every advantage you can get no matter if it was cheating or not. Your standard response; "Everyone does it, we're only highlighting the errors in strat so that chadz can fix them". Here's an idea, play strat fairly, without multi-accounting or any form of cheats. If you do that, then you will have a cause to preach fair fights, atm all you're doing is trying to drag others down to your level in order for noone to claim the moral highground, and that's the best you can hope for after you havent done nearly anything without being backed up by cheats. You brought the bans and punishments onto yourselves since you broke the rules. I do think though that everyone banned, together with the rest of the UIF would be welcomed back to Strat if you played fair and on the same terms as everyone else. And since you're clearly so superior in everything, even without cheating it wouldnt be a problem for you ex-cheaters/UIF wiping lesser people of the map, now would it?

You cheat, you loose. Think for yourselves how long you've been loosing for and if it's really worth it?

skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2012, 09:42:52 am »
Permadeath in Strategus plz.
Pock gobblers