Author Topic: NA Siege rule discussion  (Read 5405 times)

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA Siege rule discussion
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:44:43 am »
I want official answer from legitimate admins about this new rule enforced on siege that you cannot attack thru door/gates, this include spears,throwing weapons,arrows,crossbow and all kind of weaponry.

This used to be a legit tactic as defender for several years in siege and now all suddenly new badmins administration are all butt hurt about the fact of seeing peoples using this legit tactic to defend castle when everyone know on siege that defense is slightly at a disadvantage and you gotta use all strategies possible to help you win.

Even clan KUTT was exclusively using this strategy including admins to defend castle at all cost.

So what is the official word on this freaking joke?

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA Siege rule discussion
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 01:49:08 am »
OK meow i dont see it on that list so does that mean we can do it?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 01:52:45 am »
+6
http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/

Interesting. Tavern Keeper does the siege shield to reach otherwise unreachable places all the time and has never been punished by an admin on so I figured it was okay.

Doors that have holes through them (through which projectiles can fly) should be "legal" to use for ranged and melee, but abusing the game in order to stab through a completely solid door or even a gate (with a winch) is pretty bogus/asshatty.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 01:54:03 am »
Peoples use it all the time, even clan that have admins have used this strategy intensively. But my greater concern is the fact that ITS NOT an official rule. Cause admin scilla started spewing her own ruling yesterday night on siege and throwing bans left and right to enforce something that is not stated as an official rule.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 02:03:11 am »
Agreed but should be fixed by game mechanics if possible.
For the siege shield dude, post ban requests and he will be removed.
Also I am pretty sure not all admins are aware of the rule updates.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 02:08:55 am »
Okay well i would love admin scilla to come here and give her version of all that shit now.

And yes i know scilla i went off on you and was impolite toward you, i am not here to discuss my ban i received.

And i would also love to hear from Para Kutt that perfectly know his clan are intensively exploiting this mechanic.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 02:13:54 am »
Question is what you expect from this.
If you wanna be unbanned you go to the unban section, if you just want clarification, I'll try to get it fixed next patch so it's just impossible.

Not a big fan of drama threads if they come from banned people.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:17:03 am »
No i dont want to be unbanned cause my ban time is probably over already. I want official answer from corrupted admins how do they feel protecting their own clan exploiting tactic to win on siege, while the official opposition on the server get banned for using this strategy.

I want to bring the light to everyone playing on siege how corrupted the administration on this server is.
And if we did not deserve to be banned for doing it like everyone else i want public apology and acknowledgement of an admin mistake from Scilla. And if she does so i will apologize to her also for my language toward her.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:20:15 am by Vieuxcrotter »

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 02:21:16 am »
We only have one admin in KUTT and I seriously doubt he'd banned for piking through gates or over walls. We do that all of the time and to my knowledge and everyone else's it's not against the rules. Who punished you for it?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 02:22:54 am »
If you read the thread, Scilla did. And yes i am aware Para always seen this tactic as a legit defensive maneuver.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 02:26:25 am »
No i dont want to be unbanned cause my ban time is probably over already. I want official answer from corrupted admins how do they feel protecting their own clan exploiting tactic to win on siege, while the official opposition on the server get banned for using this strategy.

I want to bring the light to everyone playing on siege how corrupted the administration on this server is.
And if we did not deserve to be banned for doing it like everyone else i want public apology and acknowledgement of an admin mistake from Scilla. And if she does so i will apologize to her also for my language toward her.

Exactly the kind of drama I am talking about.
Trust me being an admin is no fun since you always got people bitching at you, making mistakes is normal and having people like you call you out on it making it a huge thing like administration corruption is pretty much expected.

Nothing will change until the glitch is fixed, rules make this a grey area for players and admins.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:41 am »
Ok then , scilla can come here and say she made a mistake by banning me and Drdemento.

And i hope some sort of higher power in the cRPG community will tell her to stop PMS'ing over bugs to try to get some attention on the server.

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 02:36:26 am »
Or she could come here and tell you that she always enforces this.
Honestly, don't expect any apology or change until it is changed if that is possible.
Drama as usual.

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 02:37:34 am »
And on a side note no wonder why the siege server is dying and less and less peoples are playing on it. With admin like her, enforcing stuff that everyone been doing for years just to get some attention. Unless this become an official and clear rule on the list, my team wont stop from doing it.