Author Topic: NA Siege rule discussion  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
Re: NA Siege rule discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 09:10:49 pm »
+1
doesnt say anything about hitting thru doors in there.  hitting thru doors is a limitation/bug with the engine, just like hitslashing, gunna ban people for that too?

With changes to weapon collision most of the hitting thru solid doors went away, but people like Spook & RoberNamo used to milk it all the time, admins pretty much agreed it was fine and so prevalent it was unenforceable.
I think this part of rules is JUST FOR YOU:
"If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished."

Also - for the record - I've been slashing through solid doors for a month or so, after I learned it is possible by getting whacked multiple times myself :rolleyes: As an outcome of this discussion it is obvious, that this behavior, which I considered a norm, is more towards asshatery and I shall stop.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:16:56 pm by Kuujis »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 09:13:10 pm »
I think this part of rules is JUST FOR YOU:
"If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished."

Write it on the list then, instead of being lazy and letting people do it for over a year without ever enforcing it

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2012, 09:56:57 pm »
If defenders were breaking down their own doors attackers could do it too!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:16 am »
+3
I have seen Para_Kutt and his alts warn people for poking through solid doors, and explain to them in pink admin chat that doors "with holes" are ok. Thus using his common sense and good admin'ing abilities. If I play on EU_2, I will get hilt slashed through solid doors, every single fucking door i approach.

Will I be banned for Punches through doors?

Why the fuck is a 14 year old girl admin on NA? Desire.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 01:50:35 am »

Because she's more trustworthy and reliable to fulfill admin duties than the majority of dudes who play this game.

Take a good, long look at this community and try to tell me otherwise.

Quick Edit: Also, I thought she was 15, but that's not important :P

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 01:57:49 am »

Desire is 14?

Noice.

Anyway, personally as a mauler (primary target for said pikers) I agree that solid doors is a bit...eh, mainly due to me not seeing when the stab will come.

But if I had to choose between door stabbing being disabled on all doors or keep as is, I say keep as is.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:16 am »
+5
I have seen Para_Kutt and his alts warn people for poking through solid doors, and explain to them in pink admin chat that doors "with holes" are ok. Thus using his common sense and good admin'ing abilities. If I play on EU_2, I will get hilt slashed through solid doors, every single fucking door i approach.

Will I be banned for Punches through doors?

This is what Desire did.  She warned in admin chat to stop piking through solid doors.  They proceeded to shit talk her for over an hour, disrupting the server, and blatantly ignored her warnings.  Everyone was happy to see them banned for the night.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:58 am »
+6
1. Get warned by admin not to do something.
2. Continue doing it anyway.
3. OMFG I got banned!
4. Write thread with badly hidden "admin iz aboozer!" message.
5. ???
6. Profit!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 04:44:06 am »
+6

Because Desire lives in NA and not EU, hence being on NA.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:01:37 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 06:31:05 am »
I've never witness anyone getting warned or banned for this (although I haven't played siege in a while) but a couple months back someone with a pike in one of those little broken towers in battle was swinging around the corner getting kills so maybe a little clarification would be nice. Although it is incredibly lame I think it should be either allowed and made common knowledge or fixed as not to have some players seeing it as a gamble hoping an admin isn't online on an alt.
And how!

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 07:04:22 am »
That all im asking, if this is illegal then add it to the list and make it clear. A lot of admins are covering their ass big time here they saw their friends and clanmates exploits tons of BS and they never said a single word.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 10:31:11 am »
+1
That all im asking, if this is illegal then add it to the list and make it clear. A lot of admins are covering their ass big time here they saw their friends and clanmates exploits tons of BS and they never said a single word.

Butthurt 9/10 :) (10/10 if you would rage with "bad words, which kids should not read" :shock: )

I'm not sure which admin wrote, that "one does not become a real admin until he gets an abooze thread on forums" :rolleyes:

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 11:59:24 am »
LOL i am far from being hutt hurt about the whole situation i am just bringing to the light how admins deal with situation on NA Siege, 90% of them dont do their job and approve those actions while 10% of them that come once a month and see something and get all butt hurt about what going on and try to enforce rules that everyone wasnt aware of for over 2years.

I got banned on purpose to have this whole thing happen, so at least admins would stop being so lazy and update the siege rules, and to all the admin pretending they were condoning those action please let me laugh at your face so hard (Para Kutt) never in all the years i played on siege and this is including my bro and all my clan mates that was playing almost every night on siege never any admins said anything about hitting peoples thru the doors, so stop trying to cover your ass for doing a bad job, and admit you thought it was a legit tactic. And just make it clear from now on that its illegal.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 01:12:21 pm »
+2
LOL i am being butt hurt about the whole situation. i am just all butt hurt.

There fixed it for you.

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 01:28:03 pm »
+1
LOL i am far from being hutt hurt about the whole situation i am just bringing to the light how admins deal with situation on NA Siege, 90% of them dont do their job and approve those actions while 10% of them that come once a month and see something and get all butt hurt about what going on and try to enforce rules that everyone wasnt aware of for over 2years.

I got banned on purpose to have this whole thing happen, so at least admins would stop being so lazy and update the siege rules, and to all the admin pretending they were condoning those action please let me laugh at your face so hard (Para Kutt) never in all the years i played on siege and this is including my bro and all my clan mates that was playing almost every night on siege never any admins said anything about hitting peoples thru the doors, so stop trying to cover your ass for doing a bad job, and admit you thought it was a legit tactic. And just make it clear from now on that its illegal.

That is because we didn't have admins in siege until relatively recently.  Para definitely, 100% for sure, knew about and enforced that really commonsense rule from day 1.  Sometimes I wonder if you are actually retarded in real life.  Why do you have access to a computer?  I'm confused :(