Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 49441 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:35 pm »
Game graphically is also really cool

(click to show/hide)

That armor is sweet! Did you make it, or spawn it in on a private server? I haven't seen that armor yet, but it looks like Padded armor. Awesome stuff either way.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #376 on: September 30, 2014, 09:36:47 pm »
Things i have not yet tested:
- Placing furnaces/furniture underground.
- Making the tunnel double height to allow better visibility and more cosy 'open' areas.

Dirt mines fast, stone is managable, marble... currently going around marble where possible, it takes aaaaaaaages

You can't place furniture and stuff under ground, yet.

Eventually tunnels will collapse without supports (I keep hearing this, but I haven't actually read it anywhere..)

Also, if you play on a public server, you should offer to trade the marble for something. It's hard to find, or at least it has been for us.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 30, 2014, 09:57:21 pm »
You can't place furniture and stuff under ground, yet.

Eventually tunnels will collapse without supports (I keep hearing this, but I haven't actually read it anywhere..)

Also, if you play on a public server, you should offer to trade the marble for something. It's hard to find, or at least it has been for us.

yep, tunnels will need supports, as they are saying that over a period of time you will have caves everywhere, so they plan to make them collapse as to not have the world look like swiss cheese.  This essentially fills them in with dirt, so players will only maintain tunnels that are integral to their base. 

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 30, 2014, 11:39:36 pm »
+1
I'm still total 100% noob, i only recently tried making fire.

Human no make fire, fire make man.

(click to show/hide)

Offline BadooN

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 4 wheel drive
  • Game nicks: Badoon, Barnabus Ballson
  • IRC nick: BadooN
« Reply #379 on: October 01, 2014, 12:55:43 am »
That armor is sweet! Did you make it, or spawn it in on a private server? I haven't seen that armor yet, but it looks like Padded armor. Awesome stuff either way.

It's the novice plate armor (Iron plate) and I crafted it.  As long as you have leather you can make pretty much any armor it seems

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2014, 12:16:56 am »
+13

So here we are, raiding some GoT wannabe village when all of a sudden 12 guys start moving down the hillside towards us.  "Jamie Lannister" himself is in full royal plate with a board shield and four others are in novice chainmail with pitchforks.  We only had the three of us, Reykjavik and HungryNBroke in regular scale and myself with regular chainmail, we weren't going to back down though.  We held our ground and they came towards us in a tight formation, when their mass of naked players broke formation and sprinted around the flanks to hit us in the back.

"Jamie Lannister" took quite the beating, I landed six well aimed hits on him, and forced him to fall back so that he wouldn't get knocked unconscious.  The swarm of peasants started to attack Hungry and myself, while the guys with pitch forks encircled Reykjavik.  I managed to break out of the peasant swarm to help Hungry out by hitting their shielders in the back, it was at this point that Reykjavik was knocked unconcious.  The men surrounding him retreated to protect their dear leader, leaving him and his gear untouched.  Hungry swung his great axe around and knocked several peasants to the ground, which gave us the opportunity to retreat back into the woods.

We were chased by a couple of peasants, one equipped with a stone hammer and the other a sword.  I KO'd the stone hammer guy with a well placed shield bash, and then cut down the guy with the sword.  Hungry and I managed to escape the battlefield, and eventually Reykjavik woke up and also escaped.

Overall, it was a terrible laggy experience, but it was fucking amazing either way.  We got away with minor injuries and didn't lose any gear, four or five of their guys were knocked unconscious but they also escaped with no casualties or lost gear.

This game is pretty fucking cool.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2014, 01:51:18 am »
Nice story.
You can steal KO'ed guys shit? Or finish them?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2014, 02:54:03 am »
I think being unconscious gives you invulnerability, but you can steal their shit.  In that situation, we didn't take anything from them because we were still outnumbered during our escape.  Not that we would have gotten much from them, the majority of the KO'd guys were naked, and we have no need for novice chainmail at this point.

Also, it turns out that the other villages on the server made extra characters to help them, as they only have 6 - 9 people in their group.  The first time we attacked them we jumped over their walls (they're built next to a hill of the same height) and murdered 3/5 inhabitants while the other two teleported / logged out.  Unfortunately we're trying to keep a viking / sea raider theme, so the plate we stole is useless to us.

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2014, 09:38:01 am »
+5

So here we are, raiding some GoT wannabe village when all of a sudden 12 guys start moving down the hillside towards us.  "Jamie Lannister" himself is in full royal plate with a board shield and four others are in novice chainmail with pitchforks.  We only had the three of us, Reykjavik and HungryNBroke in regular scale and myself with regular chainmail, we weren't going to back down though.  We held our ground and they came towards us in a tight formation, when their mass of naked players broke formation and sprinted around the flanks to hit us in the back.

"Jamie Lannister" took quite the beating, I landed six well aimed hits on him, and forced him to fall back so that he wouldn't get knocked unconscious.  The swarm of peasants started to attack Hungry and myself, while the guys with pitch forks encircled Reykjavik.  I managed to break out of the peasant swarm to help Hungry out by hitting their shielders in the back, it was at this point that Reykjavik was knocked unconcious.  The men surrounding him retreated to protect their dear leader, leaving him and his gear untouched.  Hungry swung his great axe around and knocked several peasants to the ground, which gave us the opportunity to retreat back into the woods.

We were chased by a couple of peasants, one equipped with a stone hammer and the other a sword.  I KO'd the stone hammer guy with a well placed shield bash, and then cut down the guy with the sword.  Hungry and I managed to escape the battlefield, and eventually Reykjavik woke up and also escaped.

Overall, it was a terrible laggy experience, but it was fucking amazing either way.  We got away with minor injuries and didn't lose any gear, four or five of their guys were knocked unconscious but they also escaped with no casualties or lost gear.

This game is pretty fucking cool.

That was the most intense thing i read this year.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2014, 08:09:21 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Great story! Whoever has an adventure, post them! Even if you don't have the game it's still very cool to read.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
I see your bitching about farming crafting three, and raise it with alchemy/herbalism.

Gathering herbs and shit to make flux (an ingredient needed for ALL high tier shit) is so bullshit slow and micromanaging it can fill an insane asylum in less than a day. God, I hate herbalism.

Worst part is, since you can't make potions/poisons yet, you only need it for flux, but flux being so important still means you have to spend so much time on that piece of shit craft.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2014, 09:50:24 pm »
What server? I never had time or effort to get above stone shit on my own whilst mining so might be fun to join a server with a group that actually has technology

PM me for server info

I see your bitching about farming crafting three, and raise it with alchemy/herbalism.

Gathering herbs and shit to make flux (an ingredient needed for ALL high tier shit) is so bullshit slow and micromanaging it can fill an insane asylum in less than a day. God, I hate herbalism.

Worst part is, since you can't make potions/poisons yet, you only need it for flux, but flux being so important still means you have to spend so much time on that piece of shit craft.

Yeah, farming got a lot easier once we figured out the proper method to raise animal lore to 60.  Still takes awhile, and it takes many hours to produce leather and rope, but at least it can be done.

Our herbalists complain a lot about flux, we actually went to a neighboring village to do slave labor for an hour and a half in exchange for 24 flux.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:17:53 pm by Artyem »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2014, 12:26:28 am »
+1
PM me for server info

Yeah, farming got a lot easier once we figured out the proper method to raise animal lore to 60.  Still takes awhile, and it takes many hours to produce leather and rope, but at least it can be done.

Our herbalists complain a lot about flux, we actually went to a neighboring village to do slave labor for an hour and a half in exchange for 24 flux.
One hour slave labour for 24 flux? That's a good deal, man.

Let me tell you guys how herbalism works:
You gather herbs from the ground in a two stage process. First you "look" for herbs, which makes a random number of plants appear on your surrounding tiles. From 3-8 herbs usually. Then you harvest each of these plants for one herb, with a random chance of getting nothing. You also have no control over what herb you get from any individual plant.

How many different herbs are there? 66. 66 motherfucking different types of herbs. Each with 3 random effects. Which is random for every single character. Which of the herbs got the flux effect? Fuck you, go play herbalism roulette. Out of these 66 herbs, 11 of them will have the flux effect, meaning that even if you know all the properties for all your herbs, you will still only get 1 useful herb for every 6 herbs you collect. Totally not wasting everyones time.

So, to get flux you need 2 herbs with the flux effect and mix them with a mortar and pestle. Did we mention that you also need 60 herbalism skill to even find the flux property? What do you mean "hidden under the lvl 60 tab in the skillbook isn't telling us"? Fucking scrub.

Time to gather a lot of herbs and just randomly add 2 together and hope you get lucky. Oh, and they also always get removed when you find/make an effect, so if you mixed a flux item with something that had one of the other 2 effects of it, you lost that flux herb. GG, hope you remember its bullshit name (seriously, write the name of all the flux herbs you find for your char).

Ofc, there are ways to minimize flux herb losses. If you know the other 2 effects of a flux herb AND you have another herb with the same 2 qualities, you can use it to "screen" unknown plants so that mixing it with your flux plant you wont waste it. Ofc, if that unknown plant has 1 of the same effects as the flux plant AND the flux effect, that can also fuck you over as it will be lost to the screening process.

Seriously. Fuck herbalism. Fuck it up the arse.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:24 am »
how big will the map be for mmo version?
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #389 on: October 06, 2014, 08:13:23 am »
+1
21x21 km now its 3x3