Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 50401 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2014, 10:00:22 pm »
+1
Digging a tunnel since 2 hours and time goes by...
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2014, 10:30:00 pm »
Guess that would take hell of a time even with 100 ppl.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2014, 10:46:24 pm »
Good :DDD it means there wont be a whole load of copycats.

But i am limited on time... that's the only thing stopping me from buying it already! Grrrrrrrr!

It really will heskey. you get overburdened pretty quickly with the dirt and rock you displace. And you can't simply place it in things to hold them (perhaps a later date) so at this point you have to dump it somewhere. Which will make this expedition take a while.

Its is pretty fun though.

I am currently being a woodsman/carpenter and chopping down a mighty oak tree and getting one log is laughable. Not like I expect 100 or something but still. Damn.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »
+1
Honestly, that all just makes me want to do it even more. No magic pockets to hold a mountains-worth of dirt, will make it all feel realistic and worthwhile. I wont deny, i fully expect the first dwarven kingdom to be... humble. But the tender application of time will resolve all, i need to get fired so i can truly invest the time, maybe when the full MMO is released

Oh I'm not saying you can't do it. I'm just saying its gonna be a pain in the angus.

Maybe make the mountain you dig into an even greater mountain, teh likes which no one has ever seen.

You will need terraforming at max to strengthen your tunnels but I dunno how larger rooms will work. Haven't tried to make a tunnel yet since I'm mostly focusing on my wood (huehue).

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2014, 04:33:11 am »
+2
I don't get how this has been on steam top sellers for like a week, and not exploded?

I mean I don't seem any mention in mainstream media. even tho these days they are often covering early access and even smaller budget games. makes you wonder how much dick sucking really goes on.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2014, 01:15:01 pm »
Didnt some guy from EA state once that generally they spend around 2 times more money on marketing the games, than actually making them. GTA 5 for instance - 115mil on development and 150mil on marketing. And unfortunately it is very important. Good example would be M&B. Not having the resources to spend on advertising is the main reason why Warband will forever stay as more of a cult follower game. No matter how much reviews and steampages this game will show up on, it will still be some noname thing that nobody has heard of. Majority of actual gamers have never heard of it, despite it being around for many years now. I quess buisnesstycoons do know what they are doing. They wouldnt spend so much on marketing if it wasnt necessary.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2014, 01:54:00 am »
+3
Alright serious question guys, I'm considering renting a server, it wouldn't be exclusively for the c-RPG community as one of the attractions of this game in my opinion is stumbling upon other players and interacting and such and I don't think limiting it to just us would be beneficial. But I would definitely really like to see this community play there if it does happen! That being said, would anyone theoretically be interested in donating, no matter the amount, to making this happen? I would in return take into consideration suggestions and such from this community and let you guys have input on running it. All things would be open for discussion. It would in no way be me having final say.

Anywho, let me know what you guys think. I already talked to a few people who would be interested, I'd just like to hear your guys' thoughs.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2014, 08:13:26 am »
Alright serious question guys, I'm considering renting a server, it wouldn't be exclusively for the c-RPG community as one of the attractions of this game in my opinion is stumbling upon other players and interacting and such and I don't think limiting it to just us would be beneficial. But I would definitely really like to see this community play there if it does happen! That being said, would anyone theoretically be interested in donating, no matter the amount, to making this happen? I would in return take into consideration suggestions and such from this community and let you guys have input on running it. All things would be open for discussion. It would in no way be me having final say.

Anywho, let me know what you guys think. I already talked to a few people who would be interested, I'd just like to hear your guys' thoughs.

While I like the idea of renting a server and bringing all NA cRPG players to one location, I feel like at this point in time it wouldn't be as fruitful as we would want.

Not because of the game or anything like that, but primarily because of the progress most of our players have already made on their set servers and the amount of time invested already there too.

That said, I would be open to pitching in donations and helping with the server when the time comes, but I would wait until later on down the road. I'm fairly certain with some of their bigger updates and additions that the servers will need to be re-rolled and wiped every so often, so I would wait until that either stabilizes, or you find a way to time the purchase and launch of the server immediately following one of those events so people are more inclined to begin building in that server as opposed to their current ones.

Also, no admin spawning should be allowed whatsoever!
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2014, 11:08:30 pm »
+1
There's already quite a few people willing to chip in, and I know that the Dracul / Tasa group is still looking for a new server.  I think that the server would get populated over time, especially since people are getting bored with the New Kings Landing server (Whelan blatantly cheating and spawning shit for his buddies.)

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2014, 12:16:00 am »
+2
While I like the idea of renting a server and bringing all NA cRPG players to one location, I feel like at this point in time it wouldn't be as fruitful as we would want.

Not because of the game or anything like that, but primarily because of the progress most of our players have already made on their set servers and the amount of time invested already there too.

That said, I would be open to pitching in donations and helping with the server when the time comes, but I would wait until later on down the road. I'm fairly certain with some of their bigger updates and additions that the servers will need to be re-rolled and wiped every so often, so I would wait until that either stabilizes, or you find a way to time the purchase and launch of the server immediately following one of those events so people are more inclined to begin building in that server as opposed to their current ones.

Also, no admin spawning should be allowed whatsoever!

I definitely get what you mean, especially with the loss of progress and the imminent wipes and such. And while that definitely makes sense, I might still be interested in renting one just because I feel like I might have a bit more control over the loss of progress if I had control over the server and knew it wouldn't just be discontinued or forgotten, or that some sort of shitty actions by owners would be going on. Plus the longer I did have this server going, the bigger a following we would get, I assume at least.

And I definitely agree, no admin spawning whatsoever. One of the main reasons I was considering renting one as well.   

And as far as donations and support go, even if you can't or don't want to donate, I still would completely be more than happy with just the simple support of people playing on this server (if it does happen). Basically I'm not just asking for donations, any sort of support would be appreciated.

Also, with the donations I was speaking about, I wasn't so worried with getting them right away to get the server up and running, I can cover initial fees, and even monthly fees, I was just curious if people did enjoy themselves on this theoretical server, if they would consider donating later on. Just because it's nice not to have to heave the financial burden completely alone. But, at the same time, I would make sure it could stay up and running even if there were no donations. What's the point in renting a server to avoid all the bullshit if I run it a few weeks and it just closes you know? Back to the same loss of progress I was trying to avoid in the first place.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »
I definitely get what you mean, especially with the loss of progress and the imminent wipes and such. And while that definitely makes sense, I might still be interested in renting one just because I feel like I might have a bit more control over the loss of progress if I had control over the server and knew it wouldn't just be discontinued or forgotten, or that some sort of shitty actions by owners would be going on. Plus the longer I did have this server going, the bigger a following we would get, I assume at least.

And I definitely agree, no admin spawning whatsoever. One of the main reasons I was considering renting one as well.   

And as far as donations and support go, even if you can't or don't want to donate, I still would completely be more than happy with just the simple support of people playing on this server (if it does happen). Basically I'm not just asking for donations, any sort of support would be appreciated.

Also, with the donations I was speaking about, I wasn't so worried with getting them right away to get the server up and running, I can cover initial fees, and even monthly fees, I was just curious if people did enjoy themselves on this theoretical server, if they would consider donating later on. Just because it's nice not to have to heave the financial burden completely alone. But, at the same time, I would make sure it could stay up and running even if there were no donations. What's the point in renting a server to avoid all the bullshit if I run it a few weeks and it just closes you know? Back to the same loss of progress I was trying to avoid in the first place.

I would say go for it then. New King's Landing's constant crashing and such has been really ball-breaking. KUTT claims the northern part of the map! :D

And I will gladly donate next time I get paid, and it's up and running.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2014, 11:42:52 pm »
Got a question before buying.Is it even 1% close to M&B in which a guy with a stick can beat full heavy plate guy just because he has 'skills'?Seen 1-2 pvp videos.Nobody seemed to block/everyone lagged as fuck/worse spam wars than 99agi longswords/why the fuck they say "it has m&b elements" because of the fucking 3rd person camera and some copycat items?

The idea behind this game is just amazing but even for an alpha,i dont see m&b from the videos at least,anywhere.
Correct me if im wrong pls

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2014, 12:17:57 am »
+4
The combat is a little weird right now, but yes, it definitely reminds me of Mount & Blade.  That being said, you shouldn't purchase any video game when expecting Warband mechanics unless it actually is a Mount and Blade game.  There are four directional swings, feinting doesn't work like it does in Warband, and blocking is a little bit closer to Chivalry.  There's only one blocking animation, but you need to aim your weapon in the same direction that they're swinging in order to successfully block them.

The game is basically 65% building and 35% combat in its current form.  The skill progression system forces players to do certain things before they can unlock the ability to do other things.  For example, if you wish to use two-handed axes, you must progress down the tree in a specific order:

(side example:  if you want to get to skill B, then you need at least 30 points in skill A to even unlock skill B.  To progress past 30 in skill B you need at least 60 points in skill A.)

Two-Handed Swords to 60, Plate Armor Usage to 60, and then you can start using two-handed axes.  I personally don't like this system, because while it does enforce a form of balance, it doesn't logically make much sense.  Spears and other weapons with primitive designs should be the first weapons you're capable of using, but instead the first weapons you can use are swords.  Swords have been basically unobtainable because leather is required to craft them, which is extremely difficult to make / obtain.  This means that for a good while, the only weapons being used were pitch forks and tools (which suck cock in combat.)

Really, progression is the only issue in the game so far.  Leather and ropes are required to progress past the stone age, yet the leather / rope crafting skill tree is by far the most tedious, boring, thing in the game. 

Farming (easy enough) - Animal Lore (takes so long to level up) - Procuration (leather, ropes, bone glue, etc) - Cooking - Tailoring

In order to level up animal lore, you must first catch hares and chickens with snares, and then put them into coops.  To get animal lore XP, you must harvest and clean the coops every 24 hours or so.  You don't really get much XP for cleaning the coops and you can only harvest coops that have chickens in them.

tl;dr shit takes forever

edit:

Also, in order to wear chainmail (at all) you need to have warhorse riding to at least 30.  Warhorse riding can only be increased during character creation, since it hasn't been implemented yet.  So, remember kids, set your warhorse riding to 60 during character creation if you want to use chainmail!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 12:27:35 am by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2014, 12:35:44 am »
Good info tnx.Currectly it looks to me like rust the game.I hope combat will be skilled based and not random swings and smashing buttons.

Offline BadooN

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 4 wheel drive
  • Game nicks: Badoon, Barnabus Ballson
  • IRC nick: BadooN
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:37 am »
Game graphically is also really cool

(click to show/hide)

I should have gone further up the mountain.

In addition to putting points into warhorse you could also put those points into two-hand to be able to wield 2h and use plate too, but like artyem said leather is required for a lot of things (like plate) and is really annoying to get.