Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54305 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #390 on: October 06, 2014, 08:20:11 am »
+1
One hour slave labour for 24 flux? That's a good deal, man.

Let me tell you guys how herbalism works:
You gather herbs from the ground in a two stage process. First you "look" for herbs, which makes a random number of plants appear on your surrounding tiles. From 3-8 herbs usually. Then you harvest each of these plants for one herb, with a random chance of getting nothing. You also have no control over what herb you get from any individual plant.

How many different herbs are there? 66. 66 motherfucking different types of herbs. Each with 3 random effects. Which is random for every single character. Which of the herbs got the flux effect? Fuck you, go play herbalism roulette. Out of these 66 herbs, 11 of them will have the flux effect, meaning that even if you know all the properties for all your herbs, you will still only get 1 useful herb for every 6 herbs you collect. Totally not wasting everyones time.

So, to get flux you need 2 herbs with the flux effect and mix them with a mortar and pestle. Did we mention that you also need 60 herbalism skill to even find the flux property? What do you mean "hidden under the lvl 60 tab in the skillbook isn't telling us"? Fucking scrub.

Time to gather a lot of herbs and just randomly add 2 together and hope you get lucky. Oh, and they also always get removed when you find/make an effect, so if you mixed a flux item with something that had one of the other 2 effects of it, you lost that flux herb. GG, hope you remember its bullshit name (seriously, write the name of all the flux herbs you find for your char).

Ofc, there are ways to minimize flux herb losses. If you know the other 2 effects of a flux herb AND you have another herb with the same 2 qualities, you can use it to "screen" unknown plants so that mixing it with your flux plant you wont waste it. Ofc, if that unknown plant has 1 of the same effects as the flux plant AND the flux effect, that can also fuck you over as it will be lost to the screening process.

Seriously. Fuck herbalism. Fuck it up the arse.

Sounds like my ancient unfulfilled wish of playing a game where I will be able to create a character called Herbert the Herbalist and role-play him all the way through might just get fulfilled after all.....  :rolleyes:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #391 on: October 06, 2014, 08:34:28 am »
Yeah, farming got a lot easier once we figured out the proper method to raise animal lore to 60.  Still takes awhile, and it takes many hours to produce leather and rope, but at least it can be done.
Our herbalists complain a lot about flux, we actually went to a neighboring village to do slave labor for an hour and a half in exchange for 24 flux.
with 3-4 herbalist u can make 200 flux in 30 min  :lol: Join our server we have flux and work XD

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #392 on: October 06, 2014, 09:07:11 am »
with 3-4 herbalist u can make 200 flux in 30 min  :lol: Join our server we have flux and work XD

Which server is that Vovka?

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #393 on: October 06, 2014, 09:21:30 am »
Which server is that Vovka?
Official #29
Welcome all who want to kick our ass)) we are local bandits who raid  neighbor villages and ruin fun for all )
but all those who survived the first butthert after the they was raided and killed now satisfied and try to kill us too)

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/officialine-server-29-t2824/page10/#p27386
  Our neighbor )) we loot his village for 200 or 250 construction logs (he was upset , grief our village for 2-3 days and then left ^^
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:25:36 am by Vovka »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 06, 2014, 02:33:25 pm »
Official #29
Welcome all who want to kick our ass)) we are local bandits who raid  neighbor villages and ruin fun for all )
but all those who survived the first butthert after the they was raided and killed now satisfied and try to kill us too)

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/officialine-server-29-t2824/page10/#p27386
  Our neighbor )) we loot his village for 200 or 250 construction logs (he was upset , grief our village for 2-3 days and then left ^^

I like the DayZ sound of that.
So there is already tons of servers full of players MMO style and groups/guilds forming... Would explain the low cRPG population  :lol:

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2014, 11:23:39 am »
Flux / herbalism made me quit. Fuck that I'd rather plag cRPG.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2014, 01:44:16 pm »
I bought the game yesterday and the göts i play with chose me as their alchemist...  i cant even use mortar and peddle

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #397 on: October 07, 2014, 02:23:56 pm »
I have to buy this shit.

PS
40 EUR for fucking Alpha? Are they fucking serious????
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #398 on: October 07, 2014, 02:50:31 pm »
+1
I have to buy this shit.

PS
40 EUR for fucking Alpha? Are they fucking serious????

Don't buy early access games, you're too old & too serious for that.  :wink:

I bought the game yesterday

As I said Corwinoglu: don't be in the same league with the likes of Reyiz, remember - you're only half-Turkling, not full blooded.......  :twisted:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #399 on: October 07, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »
That's not the only issue. Apparently, I may have to spend 1000+EUR to buy new laptop, this shit I have can't run these games anymore.

And no, I will definitely NOT pay 40 EUR to be fucking Alpha tester.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1942
  • Infamy: 508
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 07, 2014, 03:48:30 pm »
MMORPG will be sold separately but they'll give credits to early alpha buyers so they can obtain MMO for free. At least that's what they say. Hopefully we're not dealing with another Rocket here.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2014, 04:58:14 am »
+1
Just throwing in an update on the game:

The server we're playing on has developed very well, the majority of the major settlements are mass producing leather and rope and have walls + buildings established.  It's interesting to see how the combat and gameplay is evolving as these items become more common, as a large portion of the players have started dropping their two-handed weapons and are now using crossbows in full plate with one-handed swords.  Crossbows seem to be very deadly in LiF, one-shotting everything that isn't in tier 2+ armor.

I fear that LiF may one day be plagued by the same problem as cRPG.

The nice thing is that your bolts and crossbow have to be equipped on your back, so you can't use a two-handed weapon with a crossbow.  2h swords aren't too ridiculous, but the 2h axes are insane, you can easily 2 - 3 shot people in chainmail with them.  1h weapons are pretty good, the swords don't do too much damage, but picks and maces are extremely effective.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2014, 07:56:22 am »
Just throwing in an update on the game:

The server we're playing on has developed very well, the majority of the major settlements are mass producing leather and rope and have walls + buildings established.  It's interesting to see how the combat and gameplay is evolving as these items become more common, as a large portion of the players have started dropping their two-handed weapons and are now using crossbows in full plate with one-handed swords.  Crossbows seem to be very deadly in LiF, one-shotting everything that isn't in tier 2+ armor.

I fear that LiF may one day be plagued by the same problem as cRPG.

The nice thing is that your bolts and crossbow have to be equipped on your back, so you can't use a two-handed weapon with a crossbow.  2h swords aren't too ridiculous, but the 2h axes are insane, you can easily 2 - 3 shot people in chainmail with them.  1h weapons are pretty good, the swords don't do too much damage, but picks and maces are extremely effective.

we complained about it on the forums before the game even came out, but alas, people who have literally never played warband are more a majority of voice at times then people with actual experience in similar games.  The only thing we got out of the dev's were that theyll do their best to balance the game, and keep it competitive. 

unfortunately, they will be trying to balance around a min/max meta that will sprout out of the game like it does with any game, and to me this sounds like a lot of trouble to come with ranged weapons.  I just dont want to see plated archers and xbowmen.(i think itll become a thing regardless)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2014, 08:17:14 am »
Yep, can't say that I didn't see it coming.  It's not exactly easy to raise your stats to use crossbows, but you eventually end up with nearly everybody using crossbows with full plate.

What makes it worse is that the devs claim that the reason why skills are set up the way they are is to prevent this exact thing from happening.  Doesn't really seem to be working.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus