Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54494 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #330 on: September 21, 2014, 04:18:04 am »
There is most likely going to be a one time fee to transfer your characters to the mainland...or per char

the mmo itself is free to play, however to get off the noobie island, as a kind of tester for if you like the game, you can buy your characters access to the mainland.  So yes, you are correct, however, i believe they are going with the philosophy of if you bought the YO stuff, then you get a free toon, as the mmo itself is technically free.  They gave everyone who had donated them money free access to not only the alpha testing, but YO, and the mmo.  So as generous as they are, im under the impression you have probably purchased your access to the mmo with YO.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2014, 07:40:26 am »
+8
I wrote a really long review of the game and some summary of my first hands-on experience with it. Hopefully it helps someone who is considering purchasing it, or leads to answering some questions!

(click to show/hide)
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »
I don't think its worth buying but niether is ANY early access game. they are all overpriced and unfinished. at least this one actually has a good concept.

I'm glad other people seem to be buying it (top seller on steam right now, WOW). because I'm still eager for the complete MMO version.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 21, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »
AntiBlitz said several times combat is just like M&B, but from what everyone is saying, it's nowhere near?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 21, 2014, 05:22:20 pm »
AntiBlitz said several times combat is just like M&B, but from what everyone is saying, it's nowhere near?

ya know when you watch the videos of melee battlegrounds and you just kind of shudder at how shit it looks, then you remember its still far from being done.  This is exactly the same with this, for anyone to judge a game in alpha is stupid. 

melee battlegrounds has one focus, to make combat, they need to put a ton of effort into the one thing the game is meant to do.  LiF on the other hand is spreading its focus amongst a plethora of game mechanics, so of course you are going to see errors, and slow improvements.  Im sure if you give them the time to create the game to their liking you will see the combat mechanics flourish.

dont forget they are still battling server latency on a huge scale, they have hundreds of servers, with players on them all, in a single game world, mount and blade is a single small server.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:29:57 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 21, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »
ya know when you watch the videos of melee battlegrounds and you just kind of shudder at how shit it looks, then you remember its still far from being done.  This is exactly the same with this, for anyone to judge a game in alpha is stupid. 
The only reason M:BG looks "shit" is because they have uncoordinated shit players in those videos. If they had two good players, the mechanics would look quite good. Warband "trailer" would also look really shit if you put really bad players in a small arena and made it FFA.

dont forget they are still battling server latency on a huge scale, they have hundreds of servers, with players on them all, in a single game world, mount and blade is a single small server.
I'm not, and that's why they said before they're not going to add directional blocking. WoW is evidently a good game according to millions of players, but it has shit combat compared to WB, and it would be a bad comparison to make in the first place. Doesn't make it a bad game.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #336 on: September 21, 2014, 08:46:27 pm »
one and simple question

shall i buy it ? does it worth ? i have over +3000hours on M&B and around 400hours playtime on Rust (what a nolifer i am :( )

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2014, 10:55:59 pm »
one and simple question

shall i buy it ? does it worth ? i have over +3000hours on M&B and around 400hours playtime on Rust (what a nolifer i am :( )

wait for the mmo, dont buy YO, even says it on their steam page.  You can test it out for free when it finally arrives.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:05 am »
I'm gonna wait for the MMO. I take it that's enough time for them to complete the game with most features and add a decent combat system, seeing as they have the basic game and funds now.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2014, 05:44:20 am »
+5

Fort cRPG is coming along nicely on our server.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2014, 08:16:08 am »

Fort cRPG is coming along nicely on our server.

Is that the same server cymro mentioned, if it is - where are u guys settling down? Currently, Im mostly chilling at the lake, learning to fish  :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:31 am »
Read through the comments (especially yours tanken). It sounds pretty awesome even though its buggy. Might spring for it myself. I was really looking forward to this so even though its 40 I might get it anyway.

Maybe I join up with fort crpg eh?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2014, 08:58:48 am »
+3

Is that the same server cymro mentioned, if it is - where are u guys settling down? Currently, Im mostly chilling at the lake, learning to fish  :mrgreen:

Nah, this is a public server "New Kings Landing" I think Tanken mentioned it in his post.

Read through the comments (especially yours tanken). It sounds pretty awesome even though its buggy. Might spring for it myself. I was really looking forward to this so even though its 40 I might get it anyway.

Maybe I join up with fort crpg eh?

Of course!  We might be going to war with the shits south of us soon, so we can really use all the help we can get.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2014, 09:17:25 am »
Those piece of shits.. trying to mess with arty and tanken.

I will think on it but if it does secure a place in the mmo oh fuck yeah I'm buying it. It seems like no one knows for sure but if it does, its a steal. To try it out early plus get a free toon in onto the mainland when the mmo does come out. Oh snap.

Edit: aw shit you do get a free toon in for the mmo. Believe they said it would be 10-15 bucks per toon. Guess I'm in.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:28:26 am by Taser »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2014, 12:00:16 pm »
+1
Those piece of shits.. trying to mess with arty and tanken.

I will think on it but if it does secure a place in the mmo oh fuck yeah I'm buying it. It seems like no one knows for sure but if it does, its a steal. To try it out early plus get a free toon in onto the mainland when the mmo does come out. Oh snap.

Edit: aw shit you do get a free toon in for the mmo. Believe they said it would be 10-15 bucks per toon. Guess I'm in.

"GAME IS IN EARLY ALPHA STATE. DO NOT BUY IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT.

In appreciation of your support all Life is Feudal:YO owners will receive Life is Feudal:MMO currency which later upon the release of the MMO version can be used to purchase a ticket for one character to gain full permanent access to the gameworld in Life is Feudal:MMO. "

quote from the steam page of LiF:YO