Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54315 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #315 on: September 19, 2014, 08:56:53 pm »
I took the risk and paid the $40 for it.

I haven't even been able to play it yet, for some reason the main menu stopped working and I'm trying to fix that right now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:04 pm »

The fact that they need to release this game before their MMO is a terrible design (I heard this is to help fund the servers for the MMO?) and that right there puts up a red flag. If you buy this do you get the full game at launch or is it completely separate? I don't know this just looks like a giant early access scam.

Their finances were too bad to stay focused on the MMO. They made YO to be able to develope the MMO.
They startet developing YO servers just a few weeks ago.
If you are concerned that this is a planned scam you have not collected enough information in my opinion.

And the model for the MMO is not made out 100%. It will be B2P, you basically pay per character slot. YO players might get a free slot for the MMO but that's not for sure yet.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 19, 2014, 10:33:33 pm »
+1
I got the game working, and it's actually pretty damn fun for being an early access game.

EDIT:

Certain parts of the game can be pretty confusing, I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to make nails when I can't even make the right tools to make them without having them to start with.

I wandered out to find some iron to mine when I got attacked by a wolf.  All I had on hand was a pickaxe, and I figured I could put up a fight.  Every time I got hit by the wolf a new text box would pop up telling me that I got injured, forcing me out of free look mode and forcing me to take another hit.  Same thing happened again every time I hit the wolf, finally I just bled to death and had my first official rage quit from LiF.

EDIT 2:

Has anybody been able to host a private server yet?  I'd like to just play with a few friends, but we haven't been able to join on each other yet.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:11:27 am by Artyem »

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2014, 12:51:52 pm »
superlow fps  :cry:

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2014, 03:02:41 pm »
I wandered out to find some iron to mine when I got attacked by a wolf.  All I had on hand was a pickaxe, and I figured I could put up a fight.  Every time I got hit by the wolf a new text box would pop up telling me that I got injured, forcing me out of free look mode and forcing me to take another hit.  Same thing happened again every time I hit the wolf, finally I just bled to death and had my first official rage quit from LiF.

pretty sure there is a box you tick or untick on that taking damage message then it never shows again.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:40 pm »
pretty sure there is a box you tick or untick on that taking damage message then it never shows again.

There is, indeed, but by the time I managed to close all of them I was already unconscious and ended up dying.

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »
You couldn't have beaten the wolf anyway.

Banok are you on LifYO?? If so which server?

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2014, 09:57:30 pm »
+1
I have my own server up (private) so I guess I could let you guys in maybe ;)

At the moment it's just going through some test runs to make sure it's stable, when I've got all the info I'll let you guys know and hopefully be able to open it to support more players, we have about 10 right now, so if you're interested just send me a PM

We're basically just learning all the ropes of it, we have farms, forges, armour set up and we're getting more, but obviously more people the better :)

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08:06 am »
For the MMO release I would be interested to join a crew of this community since you all here know how to handle these directional attacks and blocks.. Which I never mastered :E
For YO I will just stick with a small german casual community or go on my own once I am able to live underearth.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 805
  • Infamy: 436
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2014, 02:07:49 am »
Combat seems broken... rest is medieval version of Rust.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2014, 02:37:36 am »
+2
Combat seems broken... rest is medieval version of Rust.

combat is broken, its still in alpha, of course it is.  Rust is absolutely shit, idk why people play that, or want to compare anything to it for that matter, as if its even the first to do anything original at all.  Either way, its rather far apart from anything "rust" related, even putting rust in the sentence of comparisons is shit.

Either way, do you wear a scarf with that attitude?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 512
  • Infamy: 1188
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2014, 02:44:24 am »
Melee Battlegrounds is in pre-pre-pre-alpha and combat works fine for the most part. Priorities.

This was touted as M&B with city building aspect, not the other way around. Also UI is plain awful. Nothing against window based UI (have almost 20 years of gaming exp) but this is barely usable.

In current state game is a mess and that 40 dollar price is absolutely unwarranted.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 21, 2014, 02:54:35 am »
+1
Melee Battlegrounds is in pre-pre-pre-alpha and combat works fine for the most part. Priorities.

This was touted as M&B with city building aspect, not the other way around. Also UI is plain awful. Nothing against window based UI (have almost 20 years of gaming exp) but this is barely usable.

In current state game is a mess and that 40 dollar price is absolutely unwarranted.

I've never heard anyone say it was M&B with city building, never even heard people relate the two, because it's obviously not, it's also in very early alpha (the MMO works 10x better). As for the window based UI, it's pretty damn simple, click, choose and click, easy as that.

Ye i'll admit the price is a bit steep but that's the only downside to it so far

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2014, 03:46:44 am »
I've never heard anyone say it was M&B with city building, never even heard people relate the two, because it's obviously not, it's also in very early alpha (the MMO works 10x better). As for the window based UI, it's pretty damn simple, click, choose and click, easy as that.

Ye i'll admit the price is a bit steep but that's the only downside to it so far

as far as im aware, the purchase of YO, gets you your toons in the MMO, so the price isnt even too shabby, considering.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2014, 03:59:16 am »
as far as im aware, the purchase of YO, gets you your toons in the MMO, so the price isnt even too shabby, considering.

There is most likely going to be a one time fee to transfer your characters to the mainland...or per char