Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54321 times)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2014, 04:41:08 pm »
+2
I'm just waiting for the MMO with 10000+ players on one massive world 21km x 21km (i think) and no resets so everything that is made is all due to players history making

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

10000+ players!?

Sounds like NA players need to band together from cRPG just to be competitive with the giant clans that will most likely form, and armies.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2014, 05:14:53 pm »
Usefull tools from the forums:

Skill calculator

LiF Database
(click to show/hide)

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2014, 05:24:53 pm »

1 hour gameplay and 30 minutes seemed to consist of watching a green bar reaching 100%... :?

You are right with that, you have to spend alot of time terraforming,building,crafting but all of this can be destroyed too, which makes the fun for me.
When 30 players have built up a castle over a few weeks another guild can just siege and annekt it.
Combat is like M&B, atleast they plan to do it just like it afaik. Directional attacks are already in.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2014, 07:16:45 pm »

10000+ players!?

Sounds like NA players need to band together from cRPG just to be competitive with the giant clans that will most likely form, and armies.

Not like its already happening for some ppl - gnihihi

Price hasn't been released yet.

But I paid about £42-44 for the alpha so I get - LiF : YO and then LiF MMORPG (the MMO is most likely gonna be F2P and LiF is just a smaller version of it so far, but still damn good).

I'm just waiting for the MMO with 10000+ players on one massive world 21km x 21km (i think) and no resets so everything that is made is all due to players history making

Btw. the game (YO) will cost 20-30euros thats for sure. The MMO will also cost like that, you can download a demo to playo n the newbie island, but have to pay money to get off of it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #289 on: September 17, 2014, 07:44:38 pm »
Not like its already happening for some ppl - gnihihi

I'm not sure I understand (or caught) your reference? Can you provide some insight on the game that perhaps I am unaware of?
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2014, 08:01:22 pm »
I'm not sure I understand (or caught) your reference? Can you provide some insight on the game that perhaps I am unaware of?

Theres nothing, DRZ , Greys, and some germans with me are planning to do that alliance ~ maybe some english speakers and turks, its just an idea so far.
(click to show/hide)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2014, 08:53:10 pm »

10000+ players!?

Different servers for NA, EU and CHN (and possibly AUS)

But only one per continent pretty much

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »
I watched some 1hour youtube video with gameplay in it - early alpha, I am taking that into account - and most of the time he is standing somewhere, watching a green bar progressing to collect something and when we watched enough green bars filling up, he starts another green bar to watch for having finally something he can hold...

1 hour gameplay and 30 minutes seemed to consist of watching a green bar reaching 100%... :?

First off, there's two parts to the game... and they are like separate games.  The one coming out now is the dedicated server version.  Holds up to 64 players.  The host has some control over the world and the like.

The other part is the MMO version (which will release later).  This will have 1000 players per server.  And in this version... much of the crafting will be done with mini-games.  That would help break up the monotony of watching a green bar.  You can still tell it to auto-craft and watch the green bar.  You can get more items and higher quality items from playing the mini-games.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »
Might give it a try, could be awesome

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #294 on: September 18, 2014, 02:29:03 am »
You are right with that, you have to spend alot of time terraforming,building,crafting but all of this can be destroyed too, which makes the fun for me.
When 30 players have built up a castle over a few weeks another guild can just siege and annekt it.
Combat is like M&B, atleast they plan to do it just like it afaik. Directional attacks are already in.

the one thing i dont like about this is itll be

attacking guild in-middle-of-night when rest of server is sleeping, comes in and destroys defenseless castle/Schemes up trouble and no one can stop them
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 18, 2014, 03:06:12 am »
It's not so easy. You can build several walls, dig a moat and stuff. I really believe in the end it all comes down to organization and fighting skills.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 18, 2014, 03:37:20 am »
I think I heard about anti-grief systems put in place to avoid the worst.

Maybe someone can kindly state features that would dodge the problems that clockworkkiller mentionned?
Because except if you have a guild that plays around the clock, it will be completely impossible to protect your epic buildings and other not hideable stuff, and possibly whats inside.

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 18, 2014, 03:52:29 am »
Well there is the 'alignment system'. When you do criminal stuff your alignment stat get lowered.
When you die with a negative alignment value you loose skillpoints. The amount depends on how low your alignment is. This really hurts since leveling skills takes a good amount of time.

If you have f.e. trespassed another guilds land you loose alignment, until you broke trough a second wall you should have lost a good batch of alignment. If you die now you might not be able to join the battle right away because you forgot how to use weapons.

But after all you are never really secure. But this is also the case for other guilds :>
It really depends on how much effort you put into your defense or even in your offense. If you destroy anything within 2hrs of your keep you can be much more relaxed.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 18, 2014, 04:20:59 am »
+3
the one thing i dont like about this is itll be

attacking guild in-middle-of-night when rest of server is sleeping, comes in and destroys defenseless castle/Schemes up trouble and no one can stop them

you cant do this.

I think I heard about anti-grief systems put in place to avoid the worst.

Maybe someone can kindly state features that would dodge the problems that clockworkkiller mentionned?
Because except if you have a guild that plays around the clock, it will be completely impossible to protect your epic buildings and other not hideable stuff, and possibly whats inside.

game mechanics are as such;  Battles to destroy or siege a castle or guilds lands are first fought in instanced battles.  These instanced battles once fought and won will lower the guilds claim, eventually after successive battles, the claim will be at the walls.  Once this occurs, you can siege the castle or claim for the destruction of their claim.  You cant really destroy someone while they are sleeping as such.  By instanced battles i mean you will have two standing armies or more, facing off against one another in a field battle, this is similar to shit you would see in a movie, or what occurs in strategus now, when two armies clash.  This however varies in that, these battles occur on the map, not in a server off the actual grid.

If someone plans to grief on your land, well they simply cannot, its owned, therefore they cant touch your land.  They cant even dig under your walls into your place.  So griefing could really only occur on small fries living in the sticks with no claims, or claims that are super small.  Good luck though, ive dug for hours before, and i would be astonished to see someone spend days griefin you with something retarded like digging a hole around your land or something.  If something changes that allows vandalism, then ill let you know, but as far as im aware, you cant touch land once claimed, though i believe while at war you absolutely may touch anything not within the walls.

Yes, you can trespass on land, yes you will take alignment loss, but im not sure why you would want to do this, as i dont believe you can steal from chests or anything, i think they wanted to keep away from people stealing, so again, unless things change, you cant steal, only trespass, and i guess murder people on their land lol, then steal the dead guys shit.

Essentially if you dont understand its this.

Wars:
-Guild declares war
-war allows freekilling of other guilds players without loss of alignment(typically alignment is hit for assaulting, knocking unconscious, or harder for murdering a player)
-guilds can skirmish one another freely
-one guild sets up a battle for a certain date, similar to how strategus is now, with 1 day grace periods
-battles are fought, one guild wins, lowers the others claim
-successive battles lower claims further
-claim is now small, and at the walls, siege battle is instanced
-siege succeeds, guilds monument, or claim is destroyed
-land is looted, pillaged, destroyed

This is something that will take a very long time, sieges and battles didnt end in a few hours, and neither will these.  Im sure some people will seemed bummed out over this, but its an anti griefing and zerging measure, and anyone who has played Darkfall or rather any pvp mmo knows, those gay ass midnight raids on ur stuff to wake up to nothing are absolutely fucking wonderful.......brings a tear to my eye just thinking about my POS in wormhole space in eve.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:27:07 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2014, 04:50:07 am »
Wow thanks for clearing that up!