Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54350 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
Game only works for you though if you were an alpha tester. Otherwise it denies you access as you need a tester key, a release key and a beta password

However I did manage to play today, quite buggy in all honesty, most will be fixed on the next few days, only small bugs nothing too major. But all round I quite enjoyed farming for an hour creating a cabbage patch whilst a friend works on our hut. Kinda boring it seems but I loved doing it haha, was so simple.

ya, thats why i believe that the YO stuff is only for those who are really really into creativity, because the sense of danger and what not dont really hit you unless you are on a large world with other players.  Anyone who has played Haven & Hearth know exactly what im talking about, its that first time you meet someone in a bear pelt and you know they are a badass compared to you, so you are instantly instilled with fear for your characters life.  Or that moment you find a boar in the forest and it chases you while you're out of stamina and knocks you out on the shoreline.  LiF YO just doesnt have that just yet, and i cant wait for it.  Fuk, makes me want to start up another character on H&H lol.

a friend and i spent like 4 hours on the side of a mountain leveling dirt to make a plateau, i enjoyed every moment of it.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #271 on: September 16, 2014, 12:02:36 am »
My friend just showed me LiF last week.  Well actually he showed me like 6 months back.  But he just told me about Early Access on Steam last week.  We are dying to give this a try.  Obvious it'll take sometime for them to work everything in.  But can't wait to get a feel for the game.

If someone puts up a dedicated server, we are not against joining.  If no one does, we are not against putting up a dedicated server of our own for folks to join.  It's all according to if my buddies 2nd computer allows the dedicated server to run smoothly.

Also, AntiBlitz... I'm going to have to check out Haven & Hearth.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 16, 2014, 01:55:07 am »
My friend just showed me LiF last week.  Well actually he showed me like 6 months back.  But he just told me about Early Access on Steam last week.  We are dying to give this a try.  Obvious it'll take sometime for them to work everything in.  But can't wait to get a feel for the game.

If someone puts up a dedicated server, we are not against joining.  If no one does, we are not against putting up a dedicated server of our own for folks to join.  It's all according to if my buddies 2nd computer allows the dedicated server to run smoothly.

Also, AntiBlitz... I'm going to have to check out Haven & Hearth.

if by any means you want to play, its rather "hardcore" in that it tells you nothing, permadeath is a thing, yes once your character dies, its dead forever, and its a isometric view.  If you can deal with that, then you will have a very long enjoyable experience.  Ill even show you and your friends the ropes, i and a few others were thinking about starting up once again.  Giving it another go, after my last death was rather eventful.

If you care, my death is as follows:

Was out cruising the rivers in my boat, its what i normally do, looking for something to shoot at with my sling.  Found some random crap, and decided to bring it back home.  Now normally i am all about security, we had walls up, a gate, claimed land, the whole works.  But for some reason, i decided that id forgo the locking of the gate, and decided to leave it open, for a real quick trip.  Upon my arrival back home, i put my boat on land, and begin making my way in to the fort.

A mysterious man walks out, in all purple, with a weird facewrap thing on his head, over his shoulder looks like a big sack.  He stops, looks at me, and vice versa.  I only had time to say "look thief, drop the goods, and we will call this even, and not speak of it", before he ran over and sucker punched me.  I began to fight back, i think more the he expected and he starts trying to make a hasty exit.  In all the commotion my neighbor stops by mid way through the fight and tries to help.  My partner who was also playing is unfortunately too far away from home to help.  We eventually chase off the would be thief and i secure the front gate.  I settle back down inside of my cabin and write a thread on the forums about the robber and ask for help from any rangers(kind of like the games form of law enforcement).  I complete the thread, and while sitting at my table eating blueberry pies, 4 men enter my cabin, i literally have no time to react before one comes and strikes me unconscious.  The two others begin looting and pilfering my cabin while the other two men beat me to death while i lay a strewn on the floor.

It was horrible, i worked on that character for about a solid month, and was brutally murdered by thugs while eating pie at my dinner table.  Needless to say my partner who is in TS with me hears my yelling and is on his way back, too late of course.   While passing by the neighbors house, he finds his body laying just outside his gate, he was also slain by the thugs, i guess to try and cover their tracks.  My partner, ends up tracking down their village and we post it on the forums for the rangers to take care of it. 

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2014, 04:24:17 pm »
if by any means you want to play, its rather "hardcore" in that it tells you nothing, permadeath is a thing, yes once your character dies, its dead forever, and its a isometric view.  If you can deal with that, then you will have a very long enjoyable experience.  Ill even show you and your friends the ropes, i and a few others were thinking about starting up once again.  Giving it another go, after my last death was rather eventful.

If you care, my death is as follows:

Was out cruising the rivers in my boat, its what i normally do, looking for something to shoot at with my sling.  Found some random crap, and decided to bring it back home.  Now normally i am all about security, we had walls up, a gate, claimed land, the whole works.  But for some reason, i decided that id forgo the locking of the gate, and decided to leave it open, for a real quick trip.  Upon my arrival back home, i put my boat on land, and begin making my way in to the fort.

A mysterious man walks out, in all purple, with a weird facewrap thing on his head, over his shoulder looks like a big sack.  He stops, looks at me, and vice versa.  I only had time to say "look thief, drop the goods, and we will call this even, and not speak of it", before he ran over and sucker punched me.  I began to fight back, i think more the he expected and he starts trying to make a hasty exit.  In all the commotion my neighbor stops by mid way through the fight and tries to help.  My partner who was also playing is unfortunately too far away from home to help.  We eventually chase off the would be thief and i secure the front gate.  I settle back down inside of my cabin and write a thread on the forums about the robber and ask for help from any rangers(kind of like the games form of law enforcement).  I complete the thread, and while sitting at my table eating blueberry pies, 4 men enter my cabin, i literally have no time to react before one comes and strikes me unconscious.  The two others begin looting and pilfering my cabin while the other two men beat me to death while i lay a strewn on the floor.

It was horrible, i worked on that character for about a solid month, and was brutally murdered by thugs while eating pie at my dinner table.  Needless to say my partner who is in TS with me hears my yelling and is on his way back, too late of course.   While passing by the neighbors house, he finds his body laying just outside his gate, he was also slain by the thugs, i guess to try and cover their tracks.  My partner, ends up tracking down their village and we post it on the forums for the rangers to take care of it.

That is a great little story!  Pretty neat how there's a Rangers Guild (or what have you) to track down bandits.

Well, I didn't realize everyone was on a large server together.  Was hoping that maybe there were dedicated servers.  I went to their homepage and watch a video.  Seemed cool.  But was at work and didn't really look into it more than that.

We may avoid it because to this.  Not that I have a problem with perma-death... or bandits & randoms killing me.  The issue for me is... what do bad/evil players lose for being bad or evil.  Of course they can get report to the Rangers or whatever type of man-powered law-enforcement that gets created in the game.  But that seems to rarely keep players from being so chaotic.

What I love about LiF is that when you die, you may lose a little experience.  The players playing as bandits (evil assholes or whatever)... they get these negative points to their alignment.  When they die, they lose a lot more experience.  The worst alignment will cause a player to lose all experience.  So they risk more by killing a bunch of random folks.

So with that... and with LiF coming out next week... we'll probably hold out on Haven & Hearth.  When LiF early access releases next week... I think it's only going to be with dedicated servers.  I'll post then... and we'll see about someone getting a server up!

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »
Once you commit any sort of crime, you leave a scent behind, the scent is trackable, and based on the offense, has a time limit, on when it will expire.  Crimes that are very heinious, like murder, will leave scents for days, if not weeks.  These scents will track you to two things, first your player if he is online, secondly, his hearthfire.  If you track to the players hearthfire, then you can summon him, while he is offline, and kill him at his hearthfire, for doing wrong.  So the punishment is severe, and goes both ways, just because they trolled someone and murdered a youngling, doesnt mean they can do it freely, as a ranger will come along, find the scent, and kill them, in the name of "good".  Players who wish to be nothing more then pvp characters will lose huge stats on the death of their characters, as their is a sort of inheritance system in place.  So youll inherit a portion of your dead characters skills, with normal evil pvp characters, thats about 25%, where as good characters are near 75%, however lack certain qualities that make them better fighters.

the scents can be:
Theft
Vandalism
Trespassing
Assault
Battery
Murder

The thing is, this exact system is cookie cuttered in place for LiF, and they took it directly from H&H lol, as they did most of the games mechanics, and placholder names and items.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2014, 05:47:44 am »
Awesome!  Well LiF is coming out in 2 days, so I'll hold out for it.  But if we bore of it (cause it's in early development), I'll definitely give Haven & Hearth try!  Thanks!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:11 am »
H&H is worth a try, they're also remaking the game so the new one might be even better. You can follow the latest news about H&H here: http://forum.melee.org/and-all-the-other-things-floating-around-out-there/haven-and-hearth-world-7/msg1021481/#msg1021481

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2014, 10:46:36 am »
Guess I am the only one completely unbothered by this?

All that crafting looks like it takes ages away from actual game time... Nah, not interested at all atm.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2014, 10:54:17 am »

All that crafting looks like it takes ages away from actual game time... Nah, not interested at all atm.

What do you mean? Not even sure what you're refering to here

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #279 on: September 17, 2014, 10:56:07 am »
U always can  rape and loot shit from carebears  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:15 am »
U always can  rape and loot shit from carebears  :twisted:

This.

If its anything like mnb.. you can own people with decent gear even in groups if you got the skill. Plus there's always a good amount of ppl that like crafting.. not like you have to do it. Could be a guard/soldier/whatever for someone that makes the stuff for you.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2014, 04:18:00 pm »
I watched some 1hour youtube video with gameplay in it - early alpha, I am taking that into account - and most of the time he is standing somewhere, watching a green bar progressing to collect something and when we watched enough green bars filling up, he starts another green bar to watch for having finally something he can hold...

1 hour gameplay and 30 minutes seemed to consist of watching a green bar reaching 100%... :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2014, 04:19:01 pm »
How much does it cost on Steam?
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2014, 04:23:43 pm »
I watched some 1hour youtube video with gameplay in it - early alpha, I am taking that into account - and most of the time he is standing somewhere, watching a green bar progressing to collect something and when we watched enough green bars filling up, he starts another green bar to watch for having finally something he can hold...

1 hour gameplay and 30 minutes seemed to consist of watching a green bar reaching 100%... :?

It might not be for everyone, but it also might be for just the right niche of players excited to give it their time and effort.

I for one do not mind slow-paced, or slow-to-build games. This looks like it will require a lot of effort, not just a fast amount of Gather Gather, Build, and then go play. You will value what you create, what you've leveled to achieve, and what you have accomplished a lot--so dying will thoroughly suck, especially when you lose your gear, and apparently also some skill points and progress too. It is going to put a large emphasis on clans playing this together, so that at least early on, you can have certain people assigned to certain tasks.

So far, I like the looks of it. Kind of wish I had bought in sooner, but I'll have my chance Friday it seems. Either way, I'm looking forward to at least playing it a few times alongside a bunch of the other KUTT guys. We might even set up a dedicated server, not sure yet.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2014, 04:25:37 pm »
+2
Price hasn't been released yet.

But I paid about £42-44 for the alpha so I get - LiF : YO and then LiF MMORPG (the MMO is most likely gonna be F2P and LiF is just a smaller version of it so far, but still damn good).

I'm just waiting for the MMO with 10000+ players on one massive world 21km x 21km (i think) and no resets so everything that is made is all due to players history making