Author Topic: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)  (Read 54341 times)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Life is Feudal (now on Steam Greenlight!)
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2014, 02:46:42 pm »
Has anyone else got alpha for this?

I bought it a while ago, before I left for my 2 month disappearing act, and actually haven't really played it very much, although what I have played is pretty damn outstanding, the YO comes out today or tomorrow so I guess i'll try that  :mrgreen:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2014, 02:56:22 pm »
the YO comes out today or tomorrow so I guess i'll try that  :mrgreen:

Available: 19 September

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 1 day and 4 hours

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2014, 03:12:20 pm »
As an experienced tester of this game, from the mechanics you've seen so far, and those you expect to come out, how likely is my dream of an underground dwarven city?

you cant build structures underground, like you cant have an underground log house, and honestly, i dont know why.  But, knowing that you can still make your houses and all the other shit out of the stone.  I do think it is definitely possible but it will be one hell of an endeavor, as for every bit you dig, you have to put it somewhere, and that means your going to end up creating another mountain somewhere else lol, there is going to be the biggest freaking pile of dirt and stone somewhere outside of your place.  You will also have to drink water to recover your stamina, because digging is tiresome, so you will be constantly chugging water, and without someone continually bringing in water to the caverns, you are going to have a helluva grindy walk every time your stamina runs out.  Also, and i dont think many people know of this, but they wanted to add a sort of native, or just baddie AI that can attack you, and i do believe they spoke once of a sort of Pygmy style man that would live underground, or in caves.  Though that hasnt been implemented, and idk if it will.  You might have to contend with that, but if you have enough "dwarves" im sure anything is possible.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »
+1
Ahhhhhhhh, i see what you mean, so i couldnt 'construct' underground, but i could 'mine' houses out of the rock. Interesting.... I had hoped like bedrolls and forges etc could be placed underground, but maybe i'll have to have some stuff outside.

And i knew about the mining having to go somewhere, one of my favourite ideas for realism so far. I have no objection to increasing whatever mountain i dig into.

you can place forges and things underground, you can place all those sorts of things, like chairs and tables and what not.  You just cant build a log cabin, or a house, or a castle, the big things, the big structures. idk if you can build walls yet, that has yet to be determined.

you will also have to build mine supports, and idk how mine supports will work in large open areas.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2014, 03:46:31 pm »
Even better, defo getting this game now if my underground realm can have all furniture and forges within it. Good tip on the mine supports, might get YO just to experiment with.

Buying YO, will that give you access to the MMO when that comes out? And YO on the 19th September, presumably it's still an early beta-ish version?

yes, its as if you bought your account if im not mistaken.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2014, 04:01:30 pm »

Available: 19 September

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 1 day and 4 hours

Alpha access gets it a week earlier (or so Bobik says)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2014, 08:18:09 pm »
+2
Everything I see written and in video about this makes it look more and more like Wurm Online.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2014, 08:30:57 pm »
+1
Everything I see written and in video about this makes it look more and more like Wurm Online.

That may or may not be a good thing.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2014, 09:43:21 pm »
+1
So I just found out about this game and I'm kind of confused. You guys are saying there are 2 different games LiF:YO and LiF:MMO correct? YO can only have 64 players on a server which is hosted by a player and not the company while MMO is hosted by the devs?

I'm curious as to why anyone would want to play YO, this game looks like it's going to have a rather big world and with the addition of what looks to be being able to create a fortress anywhere wouldn't this require a lot of people? The idea in my head right know for the MMO would be mass amounts of clans/guilds making fortresses and fighting for territory and creating local conflict but if in YO you can only have 64 players thats not a lot. Not to mention you need to deal with Server Admins who could possibly be biased and unfair (much like Minecraft, Day-Z and Rust) which has been shown time and time again which made this game unappealing for me but the MMO version sounds awesome.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2014, 10:08:57 pm »
+2
So I just found out about this game and I'm kind of confused. You guys are saying there are 2 different games LiF:YO and LiF:MMO correct? YO can only have 64 players on a server which is hosted by a player and not the company while MMO is hosted by the devs?

I'm curious as to why anyone would want to play YO, this game looks like it's going to have a rather big world and with the addition of what looks to be being able to create a fortress anywhere wouldn't this require a lot of people? The idea in my head right know for the MMO would be mass amounts of clans/guilds making fortresses and fighting for territory and creating local conflict but if in YO you can only have 64 players thats not a lot. Not to mention you need to deal with Server Admins who could possibly be biased and unfair (much like Minecraft, Day-Z and Rust) which has been shown time and time again which made this game unappealing for me but the MMO version sounds awesome.

Only reason there's a YO is because the MMO isn't out yet. It'll be out sometime in 2015 afaik. YO is them giving their backers and prospective players something to play and see before the MMO comes out. Its basically them showing the product before they fully finish it for the mmo.

So yeah.. pretty much everyone buying YO would much prefer the MMO but since its not out.. YO is still a good way to find out about the game mechanics and have fun with it until the MMO comes out.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2014, 10:36:29 pm »
+1

wurm online is shit.  Its much closer to Haven & Hearth then it would ever be to wurm online, fuck they use like every single item in h&h as place holders in the testing.

I absolutely hate wurm online.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »
+1
I tried to play Wurm online, and it's a very interesting game with many unique features.  But that god damn combat system was just ridiculous, and the game itself was just hard to enjoy.

Life is Feudal on the other hand looks very promising, and I'll definitely buy the pocket version (your own, whatever the fuck) on the 19th.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2014, 04:23:47 am »
+1
Cant ruin everyone's immersion with a secret dwarven city if it's just YO. Not sure if i'll go YO unless i can convince lots of people i know to play it too. On the other hand it'd be a good way to learn the mechanics in advance, but i wouldnt commit serious time into digging a dwarven city unless it was a large player-world.

You and any others would be most welcome in this land of the stone-dwellers when the day comes. I would be honoured to count your heavy-armoured, bearded, dwarven self as my company.

If I get this game(which I probably will), I'd proudly support your dwarven cause
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2014, 05:44:49 pm »
You can get your testing keys now

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2014, 03:33:33 am »
Game only works for you though if you were an alpha tester. Otherwise it denies you access as you need a tester key, a release key and a beta password

However I did manage to play today, quite buggy in all honesty, most will be fixed on the next few days, only small bugs nothing too major. But all round I quite enjoyed farming for an hour creating a cabbage patch whilst a friend works on our hut. Kinda boring it seems but I loved doing it haha, was so simple.