Author Topic: Operation: Durquba Freedom  (Read 11747 times)

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
Re: Operation: Durquba Freedom
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 02:07:42 am »
+1

My conversation with what used to be Useugi John.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 03:31:08 am »
+1
Let it be known HoC's differences with Kirby have nothing to do with our invasion. Hunting Malta was going to happen wherever they would have hid. Really this is about warm winter time shares for our Imperial ruling class. Winters get cold in Calradia and for us old timers with Arthritis the desert is more therapeutic than strategic. I just want to drink and f*#% my slaves, good day.

Kirby you were attacked because of your weird attitude and the fact that nobody gives two squirts of piss about you.  Grab your sword and try to have some fun.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 03:47:56 am »
I assume the reason why VE decided to work out a cease-fire with Hospitaller in the first place was so that they could deal with the Chevaliers. Even the wording of the NAP suggests it, what with the part about the Hospitallers pledging not to intervene if a party not named in the treaty gets attacked.

I think it's a rational move if you're considering the Strategus map from a standpoint of loss and gain. That war in the steppes seemed to be at a stalemate due to the distance involved, among other factors, and it looks like FCC may need some time to reorganize its new territories and figure out how it wants to proceed (and, indeed, if it wants to proceed at the current time) against Hospitaller. By signing that two month cease-fire agreement, VE seemingly got Hospitaller to cut off their vassals and gave themselves plenty of time to get in a better position in possible future conflicts by eliminating a Hospitaller ally.

What makes me curious about this whole thing is what the Hospitallers plan to do and how agreeing to the NAP furthers their interest as a faction. Huseby locked the topic he started, and I didn't see much elaboration in that other thread.

You sir, are smart. And anders, Hospitaller have attacked our caravans right on top of durquba, 2 if i remember correctly. After which, when i was trying to return home with all my spoils of war, the same hospitaller desert terrorist who had attacked one of our caravans appeared out of durquba and forced me to change my route.

To Spaniard, Syls is one leader of about 10 in our faction.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 03:57:53 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If image doesn't work.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:12:54 pm by Weewum »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 04:17:54 am »
Not taking sides here, but I would like to point out Hero Party has also been attacked repeatedly by some rival faction that was operating out of Chevalieres territory, griefing our trade routes.  "IG" whoever they are, I don't remember but I think they were Papal Guard or some clan like that under a new banner.

I believe that one of our guys talked to Chevs about it and handled it diplomatically, but some other clans tend to have the disposition (or have the means) to resolve these disputes in a.. less than diplomatic fashion.  Shit that goes down in your territory is your clan's responsibility.  Almost went back to war with Hospitallers within days of making a peace deal with them, because they were trying to use our territory to attack TKoV which I would not allow.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 04:21:04 am »
Not taking sides here, but I would like to point out Hero Party has also been attacked repeatedly by some rival faction that was operating out of Chevalieres territory, griefing our trade routes.  "IG" whoever they are, I don't remember but I think they were Papal Guard or some clan like that under a new banner.

I believe that one of our guys talked to Chevs about it and handled it diplomatically, but some other clans tend to have the disposition (or have the means) to resolve these disputes in a.. less than diplomatic fashion.  Shit that goes down in your territory is your clan's responsibility.  Almost went back to war with Hospitallers within days of making a peace deal with them, because they were trying to use our territory to attack TKoV which I would not allow.

hey now, the only reason why we even was in your territory chasing the tkov army was because he QM'd in the middle of the night (us time) and the fact my attack didn't go through on the stratpage even tho i spammed it 5 hours straight. :| (you know all of this)
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 04:26:11 am »
hey now, the only reason why we even was in your territory chasing the tkov army was because he QM'd in the middle of the night (us time) and the fact my attack didn't go through on the stratpage even tho i spammed it 5 hours straight. :| (you know all of this)

Ya, he was bugged and couldn't be attacked anyways, but I was still going to reinforce him if he got attacked within our territory.  If you got to him on your side of the mountains, reinforcing him could fairly be seen as an act of aggression against Hosps and threaten to ruin a day old peace proposal, so I probably wouldn't of done that.

Just saying that clans should take things that go down in their territory seriously, or might lead to some bad consequences in the future.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 04:32:38 am »
IG is one man who plays in our TS. I told him he could leave his bandit ways and join my conglomerate but he said no. He just wanted the goods miley had for no reason but to try.

He's russian(IRL) and he wanted to be a bear. His name is kronos. Currently he's playing minecraft instead of crpg. He'll probably come back in a week for 3 days and then disappear again.

His name is IG_Uncounted_Sauce. It's just 1 guy who does whatever he wants. You probably see him more under his name of Box_of_Pineapples.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 04:40:35 am »
+3

You sir, are smart. And anders, Hospitaller have attacked our caravans right on top of durquba, 2 if i remember correctly. After which, when i was trying to return home with all my spoils of war, the same hospitaller desert terrorist who had attacked one of our caravans appeared out of durquba and forced me to change my route.

To Spaniard, Syls is one leader of about 10 in our faction.

So he actually is one of your leaders. Well in anycase I'm just showing the hypocrisy of your clans current actions to what was said before about our actions. And also are you implying what Syls said was not the general consensus of your leaders? Not intentionally stirring the pot but am curious as to why VE actions against Chev are really all that different from the Hosp v HP.

My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 04:49:09 am »
...will there be scalping? Oh and can I get a time share or something up there, I've heard they got some pretty nice weather.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:33:21 am by LordLargos »
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 05:15:20 am »
+1
Dear Lord Hobb,

We humbly request that you liberate poor Siku's 10, -2 Rounceys. These poor Rouncey's are his prized posessions and he hand raised them from birth. Please Lord Hobb, you are our only hope.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 05:15:54 am »
So he actually is one of your leaders. Well in anycase I'm just showing the hypocrisy of your clans current actions to what was said before about our actions. And also are you implying what Syls said was not the general consensus of your leaders? Not intentionally stirring the pot but am curious as to why VE actions against Chev are really all that different from the Hosp v HP.

As you said yourself, and repeated twice, I wrote that it was my opinion and not that of my entire faction.  Considering that with MB, HoC and TKoV in the same
strat faction we have 11 leaders, it make sense that not everything I want will be what we do. Also, I changed my mind since the time I posted what you quote considering how vital it is for our trade to have the desert friendly, so i'm more than happy with this.

But I guess you can see us helping hero party as making sure that a rival faction doesn't own the desert or even us simply liking them more than Hospitaller. In the end you need to take everything in this forum with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:24:16 am by Syls »

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 05:31:38 am »
+1
There's people yelling at each other on the Internet and it's making em all mad.

(click to show/hide)

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:33 am »
+2
IG is one man who plays in our TS. I told him he could leave his bandit ways and join my conglomerate but he said no. He just wanted the goods miley had for no reason but to try.

He's russian(IRL) and he wanted to be a bear. His name is kronos. Currently he's playing minecraft instead of crpg. He'll probably come back in a week for 3 days and then disappear again.

His name is IG_Uncounted_Sauce. It's just 1 guy who does whatever he wants. You probably see him more under his name of Box_of_Pineapples.

Right, that trolling dickbutt who tries to correct how I spell my name.

I pity those who have to deal with him over teamspeak, your sanity is at great risk my friend.

As for the main topic at hand, HoC and Malta were in a forum feud from what I can tell and neither side is trying to help the case really.  But it does seem like Kirby is at least trying to be remotely mature about the situation, compared to the HoC guys who resort to personal insult and low blows as counter arguments.  Casus Belli?  Ho ho ho, such words are not even processed by most, let alone used properly in this current time.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2012, 09:43:10 am »
I assume the reason why VE decided to work out a cease-fire with Hospitaller in the first place was so that they could deal with the Chevaliers. Even the wording of the NAP suggests it, what with the part about the Hospitallers pledging not to intervene if a party not named in the treaty gets attacked.

I am wondering why Hospitallers would agree to this. Aren't they allied to Chevaliers, or are they currently just friendly with no official bonds? I've said plenty of bad things about Hospitallers, but I've always respected them for sticking to their contractual word. This round of Strategus has strained that respect. If there is an official alliance, how can they sign another deal stating they will not help their ally?