39 (25.8%)
August 2010-November 2010
47 (31.1%)
November 2010-January 2011
18 (11.9%)
January 2011- April 2011
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Author Topic: The Good o'l days of Crpg  (Read 13292 times)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: The Good o'l days of Crpg
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 02:29:08 am »
Good ancient days :

50 ppl were online
chadz was actually playing
Ptah was the only and most annoying archer
Oberyn was heavy cav
I was actually a melee fighter (cCc_Behlul_cCc)
Thomek was the only Ninja
NA and EU players were playing together
There was only 1 teamspeak server we all were there, Thomek, Replica, Shovel_Face, Lt_Anders
Everyone was hitting on Lisa
Rosewood was there, Allers was the most annoying guy
Chimp was one of the deadliest assholes around, had khergit with katana
Everything was OP
Everyone were poor
There was a scoreboard everyone were fighting for top 10
There was a really freaky guy on TS Sir Alexander something, he sounded like text-to-speech engine
We had like 5 maps in total, Port Assault and Nord Town were the best ones

Majority of these players formed Mercs.

Mokk and I were challenging each other for being the god of archery. Ended up with Mokk becoming HA and I was god of foot archery.

Then I took a break on last fall for two months

When I came back :

All of the native kids filled the servers up, trolling have started, the people I liked before became my enemies. NA guys went away. Clan battles turned into epeen shit talk events. Idiots who played the mod for a month started to call veterans noob etc.

I got disappointed and wasn't able to play good anymore (I'm nothing close to how I'm used to be)
(click to show/hide)
Probably whats keeping here is, some few good people left around. I just don't wanna disappoint them like how everyone have disappointed me.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:52:20 am by Noctivagant »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 02:31:33 am »
Noob
Turtles

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 03:24:22 am »
aww the good old days

Did you know that the ninja clan is the second oldest crpg clan still in existence? Guards being the oldest (If i remember correct..staffmasters came first, then guards and ninja.. IRC/native clans are ofc excluded from the list).

I kinda miss those days, less plate and more diverse skill-builds. And you actually had to think when you planned your build (before WM was changed).
 And since we only had one server, people knew each-others and knew how each of the big-hitters looked like.

Skill-wise crpg has evolved alot. Back in the early days (bit silly, since it was only about a year ago) people generally didn't know how to block. And thus the people that did knew how to block, became known and some even legends. (owzan/argento/ptah & chimp etc)
 Also since the leveling was so harsh, we had fewer archers/cavs, less high-levels and perhaps a more even playing-field.
There also used to be more teamplay, shield-walls and the like looked awesome, although not the most effective strategy.

aww BNCshrek.. the first guy to get the black-armor. Think he played almost non-stop for nearly a month :D

The drama with vincento was golden, and for those that are ignorant to what happened:
(click to show/hide)

haha and CID, the douche-bag everyone in cRPG hated, sometimes i miss his insane ramblings on knight/lords vs peasants.

Argh and that merc guy (cant remember your name:S BLAH) that introduced horse-archers for everyone, may he be run over by a bus :P

Haha, good times.

That Merc was Mokk.

Side note: Damn you Gnjus for making Crossbows popular, I remember a lot of people wanted to copy him, and see what happened months later?
x)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:26:42 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 03:40:14 am »
i kind of have to agree with this :/

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:53 am »
For me the "good ol' days" were the day we finally got an NA server, which fielded maybe 30 of us at peak hours (sorry Noctiv, not that I didn't like playing with all the EU guys, but 200-300 ping sucks ass in any game).  We all knew each other pretty damn well for the most part, Fedor rocked the MorningCrushStar of doom (and people whined for nerfs), Destin rocked the sumpter horse, pitch fork and straw hat (and people cried for nerfs), I was pretty much the only "hoplite" on the server (and a peasant looking one at that with a short spear, nordic shield and short war sword), etc etc.  We had epic peasant battles and the "grind" to a weapon that wasn't in the bottom quarter of the list was monumental.  Oh, and 80% of the server was lulzy in believing that 7.5 was the "cap" on athletics.  Lul.

Granted I just don't have the time to play at all anymore really, but I still miss those days.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 06:13:05 am »
For me the "good ol' days" were the day we finally got an NA server, which fielded maybe 30 of us at peak hours (sorry Noctiv, not that I didn't like playing with all the EU guys, but 200-300 ping sucks ass in any game).  We all knew each other pretty damn well for the most part, Fedor rocked the MorningCrushStar of doom (and people whined for nerfs), Destin rocked the sumpter horse, pitch fork and straw hat (and people cried for nerfs), I was pretty much the only "hoplite" on the server (and a peasant looking one at that with a short spear, nordic shield and short war sword), etc etc.  We had epic peasant battles and the "grind" to a weapon that wasn't in the bottom quarter of the list was monumental.  Oh, and 80% of the server was lulzy in believing that 7.5 was the "cap" on athletics.  Lul.

Granted I just don't have the time to play at all anymore really, but I still miss those days.

fedor was the man

also the alt-x jokes were hilarious when u saw 20 people simultaneously die
hahah

Offline Zahmbomb

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Thank You !!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Zahmbomb
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:38 am »
also the alt-x jokes were hilarious when u saw 20 people simultaneously die

I could imagine.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 08:44:47 am »
Side note: Damn you Gnjus for making Crossbows popular, I remember a lot of people wanted to copy him, and see what happened months later?
x)

You should thank all the archers actually, full plated homming (no pun intended) missile launchers, it was the only (half-decent) way to counter 'em (except being the same type of scum as themselves and that was never an option for me). Crosshair was like 3 to 5 times wider then these days and it was very hard to hit anything yet people accused me of playing an easy-mod build (they still do lol). If it was ever an easy-mod build then it is now, just count all the crossbowmen, even my grandma could use one now (with success).  :wink:

Yes, the old days.....too many people for me to mention here so all i will say on this subject is that when i started playing this mod i always imagined my char as a viking-type-warrior, even in my worse nightmares i didn't expect to end up as a ranged asshole but (contrary to some claims here) even back then there was too many archers, it may seem to some people that there weren't but its because there was less players then, the percentage of ranged units was exactly the same as it is now. It was either take a crossbow and learn to snipe those bastards down or......run in the open field and get filled with arrows.  :wink:

That said, ill use this opportunity to inform you (Christo) that I'm taking a rest from this ranged festival for a few days now and i aim to do that until (any kind of) patch arrives. I occasionally play Vikingr now, awesome mod, too bad people are just god damn grinders who cant play for fun and thus brilliant mods like Vikingr dont have that many players. It has (i think) polished landscapes and extended horizons implemented and it looks just.....awesome, i enjoy every second in it. Would be great if the irc guys could implement these things in cRPG (not all could use it ofc, hardware requirements and all that but 2 versions, one with and another without it would solve it ?).
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 09:12:27 am »
I remember Gnjus calling me a spammer all the time. =(

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 09:35:50 am »
I remember Gnjus calling me a spammer all the time. =(

Pics or it didn't happen.  :)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 02:31:36 pm »
I remember when I used do duel in the EU servers, under the name "ForlornSoldier", i actually applied for marcs but you guys rejected me :(

anyway, I would get seriosly pissed when I would die, I believed I was blocking right but something was screwy, then I get NA server ping and now I am amazing :D

O and I remember when Uthred and SUPERBEAST were the only tin cans, they were really the I WIN button players.
Just a soldier

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »
Lisa got pissed at me for once cuz I was shooting his duel rival from spawn to spawn I remember his words : God-like aim but no Dignity!

Haha still loved your ogre archer tho, was one of my main targets when i was not trying to duel :P

Also remember how pissed people were with the ninjas, due to us having our hood-duels on the battle server, even if we were teammates =D

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
No ninjas out there remember the backstabbing sprees? What!

The frequent duels that happened at the end of each round, which usually resulted in the last guy on the other team defeating 5-10 others- probably because we'd all wait until the end of the round to come out and get our e-peens tugged.

For whatever reason, people were less aware of their surroundings, and most of my kills before December came from backstabs.

In combination with the fact that I could recite the names of every player who could manual block well, let alone chamber,  led to what I recall as a time for individuals. This might have been local to NA, I'm not sure, but that's how it was.

As the archers hit level 35 and higher, the team chat often looked like this:

Someguy: okay, let's kill Lorn and Kesh
Otherguy: Sure thing, you guys go do that, I'm going to protect DaddiNasty and Coldhart.

And since I made it my personal calling to hunt archers, it made for some good times with the archers. I think I got to know all of them fairly well.

There were a lot of good times, but after people started hitting level 38 and more it started getting ridiculous.

Then came the patch, and for awhile I thought I was God when everyone wore light armour.

January-February were great times for our clan in terms of exercising banner balance. I'm not sure, but we might've been the first clan on NA to start rolling siege for constant x5. Every now and then, someone on a battle server would mention that another clan (usually Northern Empire or RS) was rolling it and we'd all gear up and head in for some pretty epic tactical battles that would get the pubbies cheering for both sides.

Lately, though, the lack of Strategus seems to be driving folks away. Heck, I'm getting restless myself, which leads to living on the duel server instead of running around in siege/battle.

Because at the end of the day, all we want to do is fight over imaginary tracts of land and take part in devious political plots, god damn it.

Offline Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bebbanburg
  • Game nicks: Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg / _III_Archerson
  • IRC nick: Uhtred
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2011, 04:51:56 pm »
I miss Birdman!
I am Uhtred of Bebbanburg and I'm a Tin Can.
What's Your Game?

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2011, 08:23:58 pm »
I miss Birdman!

So do I.. I remember him retiring and making Birdwoman, sadly he disappeared.