Author Topic: Nords have seen the light!  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Nords have seen the light!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 04:05:14 pm »
+2
Don't drop this low, Gurni. You know you're better than that.

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »
+2
And another round of battles of DRZ vs DRZ,  and GO vs GO.
Save all your ill gotten gains ;)

Gurnisson: For our side its pretty even at this moment. We started an attack on DRZ in the desert and failed. But on the other side we also managed to hunt their armies (+ grey order + the empire) down who came into the other side of the desert.

As stated above I just think that supporting multiaccounting the way the Nords do it at this moment is still bad enough. Not as bad as multiaccounting yourselfs but almost as bad.
Your actions speak for you and atm they say "its ok to multiaccount".
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 04:13:34 pm »
+3
Why would you attack the banned's friendly castle if you knew they are innocent and getting soon back? is it really worth to lose all of those population/army? I maybe understand Mechin and Tosdar as these are at the edge of Greys territory and its a matter of hours till the enemy takes over, but ryibelet castle is in the heart of Greys territory and so there's no such hurry in controlling this one asap, wouldn't it be wiser to wait till they unban these "innocent" Greys as you call them?

In my eyes both Nords and Greys know the banned Grey members are not getting back as they all knew about these multiaccounts and nobody gave a shit. Nobody gives a shit even now, they don't really care they caught the cheaters, they are just gonna take over the lost fiefs and continue in their corrupted greedy way of playing strategus. I don't really think Nords have seen any light as they probably knew about the multiaccounts, I just hope Admins will keep up the good work to make the strategus cheaters-free and give a nice disciplinary example for those who weren't caught during the first wave to stop cheating or those who are thinking about doing the same.

Gre(ed)y Order finally got their justice and strategus once again seems to be a nice place to stay:)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »
+13
Yeah because we just loooooooooooooooooooove multi accounting stupid.

That's why we've been caught using them so many times, that's why we've been caught cheating so many times, or wait. Look inwards before you look outwards.

Multi accounting is in no way a one sided affair, a lot of people are just better at hiding it -- because there is no BLACK & WHITE way of detecting ALL of it -- a grey area, no pun intended.
There is even people who abuse their family members or loved ones in order to hide multiple accounts. It is both sad and pathetic, but regretfully seen in plenty of games.

You know what is just as bad as multi accounting Mike? CHEATING, which your clan have done and were subsequently punished for. What tons of clans did the last Strategus but were never punished for (duping as if their life depended on it but still failed). Guess how much Nords have cheated, oh, just never. We never even abused any mechanics such as night time, we never attacked outside our own territory at a late hour or morning. We never went around spreading lies and disinformation on IRC and other IM's trying to convince people of this and that fabricated bs. We never kept anything in Strategus we did not fairly win (e.g. bugs and otherwise, we always sought a fair deal). Now look at your clan's history, and your friends' clans. Then shut the fuck up, would you 8-).

Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 04:43:59 pm »
+3

That's why we've been caught using them so many times, that's why we've been caught cheating so many times, or wait. Look inwards before you look outwards.

Multi accounting is in no way a one sided affair, a lot of people are just better at hiding it -- because there is no BLACK & WHITE way of detecting ALL of it -- a grey area, no pun intended.
There is even people who abuse their family members or loved ones in order to hide multiple accounts. It is both sad and pathetic, but regretfully seen in plenty of games.

You know what is just as bad as multi accounting Mike? CHEATING, which your clan have done and were subsequently punished for. What tons of clans did the last Strategus but were never punished for (duping as if their life depended on it but still failed). Guess how much Nords have cheated, oh, just never. We never even abused any mechanics such as night time, we never attacked outside our own territory at a late hour or morning. We never went around spreading lies and disinformation on IRC and other IM's trying to convince people of this and that fabricated bs. We never kept anything in Strategus we did not fairly win (e.g. bugs and otherwise, we always sought a fair deal). Now look at your clan's history, and your friends' clans. Then shut the fuck up, would you 8-).

Wow, aren't you pure angels who have never done anything wrong or in any way benefited from any bugs. Did you also give Mercs that castle that they won in a fair siege, but didn't transfer ownership due to bugs?

Now look at your clan's history, and your friends' clans. Then shut the fuck up, would you 8-).

Are you really saying that if a clanmember of mine has ever done something wrong, I can't comment at all on wide scale exploiting? Really?

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »
+2
Arguments ad personam here we go, make a new topic and blame mike for everything he did in the past, he's just stating obvious, which is: Nords + Greys = Alliance -> Grey's use cheats to get stronger in strategus -> Nords stay in alliance with Greys, they even get one of the cheaters castle with all equip in it (cough did you say you get all your gear fairly? cough) -> Nords do not mind their allies cheating (not to mention themselves profiting in such situation) -> Nords may not themselves cheat but they don't mind others cheating (which as a matter of fact is supporting cheating (if you have known about the Greys multiacc situation - which I really hope you did not))

Mike was actually hoping you guys are better than that, with this topic he just wanted to see what is the state between you and the cheaters after the cheaters were found out....and you go full rage on him, I think he doesn't really have to say anything, you have proven yourself with the actions, nobody is hating you, nobody is accusing you of cheating, but they sure will think twice about your honour and grace and dignity and whatever else you are promoting next time. This is actually your fight much more than his, in fact he wanted to prove you guys are better than you really are...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 04:58:32 pm »
+1
We never kept anything in Strategus we did not fairly win (e.g. bugs and otherwise, we always sought a fair deal).

Curin Castle?

Don't mean to instigate further, but AFAIK "never" is an inappropriate word in that context.

Or is "unfairly lost" an entirely different thing?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 05:00:32 pm »
+1
Flawed logic is the rule in strategus drama

good man
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 05:00:43 pm »
+4
Curin Castle?

Don't mean to instigate further, but AFAIK "never" is an inappropriate word in that context.

I hope you're joking...

We offered Curin Castle to Merc_BlueBerrymuffin along with their gear, we gave their gear but he didn't want the castle.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »
I hope you're joking...

We offered Curin Castle to Merc_BlueBerrymuffin along with their gear, we gave their gear but he didn't want the castle.

Nevermind then.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »
+7
Maybe you better include me, because I stand behind my clan's decisions and I was always fine with having Greys and UIF as allies as they're friendly players and I always enjoyed being in Grey/DRZ/Union battles.

After all this is just a game and as long as it wasn't proven that people used multiaccounts, there was nothing bad about supporting them. And still, if our leaderships decides to be still allied with Greys, that will not be a reason for me to leave or take a step away.
so cheating is bad, we all understand that and seem to agree on that. Then there are those who either ignore or even encourage it, don't saying Nords would be part of that at all
taking equipment so the enemy doesn't get it, good move in a strategic sense, i would have done the same only so the enemy doesn't get it and in that i wouldn't give a flying fuck how this equipment was payed for, aslong the enemy doesn't have it. So gyus don't meassure with two standards.

I am but more for the flying carpets to engage in an amount now depending on convicted members of what ever faction.

For everyone who stays banned of one faction after carefully looking into those cases, calculate the % of those to the overall faction members, perhaps add some % as the more there are in one faction the more likely the leaders knew and supported this multiaccounting. Then use those calculated % to get a related amount of fiefs attacked by flying carpets. Punishment over, discussion over, get on with your lives.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »
+2

Well isn't that because your clan was only really present in last strategus as an actual force, and then you had plenty of allies to do any exploiting / multi accounting for you.I see it as guilty by association unfortunately.

I also agree no major faction is innocent in strat, either a their own guilt or profiting from the guilt of others.   Aint nobody innocent in calradia.
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »
+5
Whoa now easy, sperg mode is full on in this thread. If Nords didn't know the Grey Order/Union was multiaccounting, then they are not guilty. No one but them can know that for sure really. Like Thovex said, they did not want to not want to play with them based on assumption that they might still be multiaccounting.

What is certain though is that Grey Order/Union had some members multi accounting. Catch is, can we blame the Grey Order/Union as a clan for that? I believe so. Because there is just no fucking way, not even a single percent that the leaders and active start players of the Grey Order/Union did not figure out that some of their members are multiaccounting. Were those members encouraged by their leaders to do that? Probably, but we can't know that. One things sure, they did not do a single thing about it, so for that both the people multi accounting and Grey Order/Union as a whole is guilty as fuck. Will they kick/ban them from their clans now for the purpose of trying to restore their damaged reputation? Most probably not, because they don't give a fuck if they play fair or not, they want to win strategus and then brag on the internet on how they can manage their trades better or some similarly stupid shit like that.

Also Cooties, you cannot really compare our "cheating" to massive multiaccounting. As far as I know (I might not be informed enough), our worst crime was attacking our own fief to lock it down from being attacked, which was a completely retarded move by some of our members (or one), and I still condemn that action today. That's hardly comparable to multiaccounting actions in every strat. But the point is, even if we'd have some of our members multiaccounting and found out, we'd ban them. If we kept it silent and trying to hide it like GO/Union does and if I found out, then I'd crap on Fallen leaders head and say my goodbye, you have my word here and now.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 06:31:15 pm »
+3
Fucking Strategus, man. Look at us.

Pathetic…

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 06:45:20 pm »
+4
You know what is just as bad as multi accounting Mike? CHEATING, which your clan have done and were subsequently punished for.
Indeed cheating is bad but just as vibe said:
Also Cooties, you cannot really compare our "cheating" to massive multiaccounting. As far as I know (I might not be informed enough), our worst crime was attacking our own fief to lock it down from being attacked

I would call it exploiting at the most (and that this exploit was possible was reported to the devs weeks before loki used it - which still doesnt make that move OK). It has been discussed in this forum often enough that my opinion (and everyone elses) on this should be clear.

Maybe I touched a sore spot there because you do seem mad about it. Or maybe you got me wrong so here again to help you calm down:

(click to show/hide)
In no way did I ever accuse the Nords of multiaccouting or cheating themselfs. All I say in here is that in my honest opinion you are knowingly profiting of your allies cheating.
As Vibe elabotated I personally dont think its possible that some UIF clans did not know about the multiaccouting of their members. And with a lot of them getting banned I cant see you - as the nords- being blind to the multiaccouting of your close allies.
The fact that you seem to accept this is what I wanted to discuss in this thread.

And if you cant talk civil about this
Then shut the fuck up, would you 8-).
Even with Jack Nicholson being a great actor .gif's never help in a serious topic and this one just shows me how mad you seem to be about it.

Especially as a "global moderator" you should lead by example and not go rampage on a topic that discusses things you dont like.
I try to keep my posts civil and I expect the same courtesy from you. Thanks!
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle