Author Topic: Nords have seen the light!  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
Re: Nords have seen the light!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »
+5
As multiaccounting is considered cheating in this game, I don't think any Nordman actually supports it. I can't and don't state any official stuff said by the Nordmen, so this is my opinion. Fuck cheaters.
I agree with his and we'r on the same page here.

We attacked this village simply before the "other side" could. Nothing more nothing less. Unless of course by moral highground you think I should of let (insert enemy faction here) take all the equip for themselves?

So its perfectly fine with you to profit from the mutliaccounting of you allies? You see THATS where we disagree and where I see the problem. Not multiaccounting yourself but still gaining from the multiaccounting of others is still kind of shady in my eyes.

I don't think any Nordman actually supports it.
...yet profits from others doing it...

€: And just to clear something out: I like Nords. You have some nice members and I respect your skills in the game. Hell some of you even became Fallens...I just dont like to have to see Nords being part in this shady doings. Makes me feel bad to see a old respected clan being connected to something like this.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:23:55 pm by Mike_of_Kingswell »
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
I agree with his and we'r on the same page here.

So its perfectly fine with you to profit from the mutliaccounting of you allies? You see THATS where we disagree and where I see the problem. Not multiaccounting yourself but still gaining from the multiaccounting of others is still kind of shady in my eyes.
...yet profits from others doing it...

So you mean we made profit from a clan where we absolutely had no idea if they were actually multiaccounting or not? So that is too bad that it happened, what can we do about it? What is done is done...

There is absolutely no way how to find out who is cheating because:
During the whole investigation not a single player name was known, you all were numbers.

You see, when "Harpag and 100 keys" was banned I'm fairly sure we'd think that multi accounting has stopped there, but "Yea but they PROBABLY are multiaccounting" is not a valid reason to stop trading with any clan.

You can keep on trying to shout at us with your "Moral high ground" but honestly we all here know that this forum only has idiots after strategus has rotten their brains. And made fun in-game wars, actual personal hatred for eachother.  :wink:

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »
+12
After a short period of being good friends with Union and now having several spies within UIF we got it confirmed over and over that they are multiaccounting. And even without this, are you really so naive to think that they stopped it after Harpags 100 keys got banned, but he still is allowed to play? I mean that basicly says that you don't get punished for doing it, this was encouraging other to do the same imo.

What I don't understand is how you still can defend them. I don't think that Nords are Multiaccounting or cheating in any way, thats why i always wanted to have good relations to you, but how can you still be on their side after you now got proof?
As it was said earlier, supporting cheaters and multiaccounters in any way is as bad as doing it by yourself. What you do with attacking a Village who's owner is banned for cheating is basicly the same that Fallens did last strategus to lock their fief down for another 24 hours.
You support their cheating by saving the armies they brought into it.

It would be only fair if there would be an army of flying carpets wiping out this army too like hit happened to fallens in the last strategus.

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 02:56:54 pm »
+3
fun in-game wars turn to personal hatred when one of the sides stops playing fair and tries to get an advantage by not playing strictly legal...
Also I have to say the probability of the ban wave technology being correct seems pretty high since I actually played at my brothers home on his IP few times as well as I got new computer and was playing with my brother from our home when he was still living with us back then and I basically got through all the scenarios and experienced the same situations the Greys (and other random people) give on the unban thread as reasons for getting Banned in the first place and I did not get banned. My brother plays M&B with his other room-mates all of them from the same IP, each of them buying their own product key, having their own account - they did not get banned. Seems like legit players have nothing to worry about.
This only brings me to the conclusion the Greys who got banned (what a coincidence they got banned in past as well) are banned justly and thus cooperating with such ppl makes one sick. I understand Nords do not wish the equip to get in the wrong hands, but unjust enrichment stays unjust enrichment and thus if you have at least any "moral ground" then PLEASE destroy (sell for very low price or trash it) all of what you get in that castle that has been gained through multiaccounting a.k.a. cheating.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 02:58:31 pm »
After a short period of being good friends with Union and now having several spies within UIF we got it confirmed over and over that they are multiaccounting. And even without this, are you really so naive to think that they stopped it after Harpags 100 keys got banned, but he still is allowed to play? I mean that basicly says that you don't get punished for doing it, this was encouraging other to do the same imo.

What I don't understand is how you still can defend them. I don't think that Nords are Multiaccounting or cheating in any way, thats why i always wanted to have good relations to you, but how can you still be on their side after you now got proof?
As it was said earlier, supporting cheaters and multiaccounters in any way is as bad as doing it by yourself. What you do with attacking a Village who's owner is banned for cheating is basicly the same that Fallens did last strategus to lock their fief down for another 24 hours.
You support their cheating by saving the armies they brought into it.

It would be only fair if there would be an army of flying carpets wiping out this army too like hit happened to fallens in the last strategus.

I don't know man, you keep mentioning you got spies and you got proof & all but this thread:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/global/strategus-multiaccounting-unban-thread/

is to unban multiaccounters who, according to the players themselves, have been banned unfairly, so I'll await the chadz/Meow decision before we can see the true numbers of real multiaccounters banned. It will take a while.  :)

I'm definitely against cheating in any sort of way, but I'm also tired of constantly seeing how everyone has to twist the neck of some players, who most likely are banned unfairly.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind allying with anyone as long as we have fun, but I don't like that the hate is spreading into personal hate. (Truth be told, I had some arguments come to my neck sometimes which may indeed have gotten me to personally hate some people, but it is decreasing.  :) )

Also, the attacking of villages is indeed to take their stuff before the enemy does it without problems, because we're not sure yet if the people banned will stay banned, are we?

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »
+3

I like this change of forum attitude Thovex, it suits you well ;)

(click to show/hide)

I've been worried about the same thing. I've been playing cRPG with my cousin and one of my friends at my place many times. Sometimes we've also been playing at my cousin' or my friends place. When I saw people getting banned for playing with the same IP I was afraid of a ban, since we never took any precautions. Neither my cousin, my friend or I has ever been banned.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13:43 pm »
too soon
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:34:54 pm by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 03:31:39 pm »
Maybe you better include me, because I stand behind my clan's decisions and I was always fine with having Greys and UIF as allies as they're friendly players and I always enjoyed being in Grey/DRZ/Union battles.

After all this is just a game and as long as it wasn't proven that people used multiaccounts, there was nothing bad about supporting them. And still, if our leaderships decides to be still allied with Greys, that will not be a reason for me to leave or take a step away.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 03:34:27 pm »
Maybe I was premature with this post.

We'll see what you guys have to say after the verdicts are finalized.

Also "friendly" players? Maybe for someone on the inside, but outsiders are treated like dirt. It's easy to see only what is convenient.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 03:35:19 pm »
I can understand that the other block is celebrating the bans that much, haven't been other things to celebrate this (or any other) strat for them.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »
+4
How can you say the gold/gear you have now werent made from ONE of the multi-accounts ?
Everyone is in the same world, connected to each other.

And if eastern front had attacked first, how would this be fair ?  :rolleyes:

By this logic noone should ever touch Mechin and other stucked fiefs/chars for fear of being CORRUPTED ???

Everything in strategus is there for the TAKING if one has the power to do so.
If devs wanted to wipe, reset, erase fiefs/chars that were stuck they would have done so.

Flawed logic is the rule in strategus drama  :lol:

Dont be mad because your enemies are saving what can be saved, and fight them in battles not in useless moralistic topics like this; and I say this while being a part of the cold front alliance and would have been definitely happy if Nords joined our side  :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:40:29 pm by Butan »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »
I can understand that the other block is celebrating the bans that much, haven't been other things to celebrate this (or any other) strat for them.

Don't drop this low, Gurni. You know you're better than that.

Look at what Strat's doing to us all anyway. :lol:

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 03:38:12 pm »
+2
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1191 (gay order vs grey order)
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1190 (victoury and justice vs grey order)
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1189 (some druzhina vs druzhina)

well this is weird :) two players- factions. where even  faction members seem to be old druzhina and grey members? they probably didnt have time yet to change their clan tag :p

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1172 (some grey vs grey order)
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=1173 (nords vs greys)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:41:58 pm by no_rules_just_play »

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 03:39:08 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

:° win

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 04:02:38 pm »
+2

Yeah, right, may i asked how the annexation is going :rolleyes: