Author Topic: Is archery bugged atm?  (Read 19347 times)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
Re: Is archery bugged atm?
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2012, 07:05:18 pm »
Like I said a nod only, this change isnt even that and totally agree re longbowmen btw

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »
Funny thing is archers play ranged to troll an avoid any sort of fair fights because they can do insane dmg an ignore combat all together an once the devs try to combat that they all insta rage  :lol:

Would be the best thing ever to happen to cRPG if they removed kiting an made it more appealing for archers to make sure they would be able to go melee when called for...

Hell... we might even be able to see Eu1 reach a 120 players at primetime again instead of the pre patch 60 players.....

Athlectics is needed for melee.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2012, 07:15:44 pm »
This nerfs hybrid archers more than my old friendchers, just make bows and arrows wieght a ton or something to reduce kiting :/

Offline Quentry

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DRZ
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Quentry
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2012, 07:22:50 pm »
Ahhhh. my old friendchery nerfed!!!  :D

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:42 pm »
+1
This nerfs hybrid archers more than my old friendchers, just make bows and arrows wieght a ton or something to reduce kiting :/
Already done .

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2012, 07:28:40 pm »
If we gave half a shit about realism hoplites and longbowmen would be the most overpowered playstyles in the game, hands down.

what about cav and xbowers?
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »
+1
No. That will make me instarespec to another class, simply cause Crossbowers would be a even greater pain in the ass than they already are. Funny how archers can + that post. I guess you can't see the horror by implementing that. Have fun getting sniped once you try and draw your bow.

Anyway, as Phyrex have always claimed; you are messing to much with the game mechanics.

I guess it's a good time to say good bye to cRPG.
True, didn't think about xbowmen but to be honest, now when armour doesn't hurt achers' wpf that much, they can wear better armours and wll survive that arbalest shot. Anyway I guess my idea was still better than current solution and to be honest if you don't see a crosbowman he will still wait for you to "stop to shoot" and hunt ya.

Skyrim UI

Offline Mwahahaha

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Zero_Tolerance
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »
+1
Ahhhh. my old friendchery nerfed!!!  :D

LOL a u mad? Nebun has nerf too! ok?

If an archer and a melee guy have same armour and  archer has Yumi and 2 of bodkins( total weight 3+3+1.5=7.5 ) and melee guy has italian sword and elite cav shield (5.5+1=6.5) he can catch an archer because of  total weight. wright? what is the problem then?   :evil:

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2012, 07:31:42 pm »
+3
Archery was already pretty hard due to all the other nerfs.  I think that some other aspect of archery should be buffed in order to balance out this nerf.  Perhaps a rate of fire or damage boost.  Just adding 1 more nerf to an already nerfed to hell class is pretty damn annoying. 

Offline Mogh

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Oso, Manannan, Monkeybutt
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2012, 07:33:51 pm »
what about cav and xbowers?

Buff em. Maximum trolling patch.

Especially buff cav xbowers.

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2012, 07:34:42 pm »
seriously, all u archers need to stop crying and deal with it.
if you want to be able to shoot properly, dont give too many points to ath, its a FAIR DEAL, no more frikkin kiters. u get attacked by a melee player, u'll need to just fight back with ur side weapon and not kite.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2012, 07:37:37 pm »
+4
I think it's because we haven't seen that kind of action in months that we think archers without kiting don't work. They do, and they increase teamwork, having to stick with melee bodyguards.

Then I predict a pretty hard time for random archers without clan mates on public servers, because bodyguards need to know they are bodyguards, and to be willing to do the job.  :wink:

I'm not sure, but I think there are more tradeoffs now than before. Before, almost all level 30 archers were this :

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
    Agility: 21
    Hit points: 59
Now you have to make a tradeoff between PD and WM, because one doesn't become useless above 6 anymore.

Sorry, I expressed myself unclearly. I didn't mean you have less tradeoffs than before, I meant they let the opportunity pass to implement some strongly needed tradeoffs. If you have one value lowering the other it sounds like a tradeoff where you have to choose between two things or try to stay neutral. But there is not much choice between ATH and WPF, and that's why it is a simple reduction of possibilities and thus a very sad nerf.

Making them slower was the intention, not the solution, you dislike the intention.

The (most basic) intention was to remove kiting. The solution was to do it by making the archers slower and/or infantry faster. I dislike this solution. I would have preferred a solution which would have made kiting ineffective or unneccessary, instead of changing basic class mechanics. (Next to the fact that the way the slower-solution was implement is sub-par aswell.)

Current gameplay was 'shoot as many arrows as you can until an infantry player decides to approach you, run away, shoot as many arrows as you can and laugh at him while he cries in despair without being able to do anything'. How is that better? My solution and about 5 other soultions for kiting archers were a whole lot better than what they did now, but I am already glad something's been done.

In no way I think that the old gameplay was a single bit acceptable, but this solution here is just meh. It's half-hearted, uninspired and doesn't contribute any bit to making the game more awesome. Yes, it makes things more balanced, but in a way like a steamroll would make everthing plain and even.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:41:09 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline rAve

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rAvez
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2012, 07:42:35 pm »

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:15 pm »
+3
seriously, all u archers need to stop crying and deal with it.
if you want to be able to shoot properly, dont give too many points to ath, its a FAIR DEAL, no more frikkin kiters. u get attacked by a melee player, u'll need to just fight back with ur side weapon and not kite.

Athlectics is needed for melee.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2012, 07:44:22 pm »
+6
archers have:
1. high speed to run way
2. perfect aim with their sniper like ability to shoot
3. high damage output like 2handers
4. AND they are ranged.

cant u realize that simply makes the game retarded? dont u even wonder why everyone is archer lately?

this patch finally makes them unable to kite, which adds to game balance, if u dont like it, go to a corner and cry plz

God, you are even worse than Thomek.