Author Topic: The Coalition Marches Onward  (Read 11484 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: The Coalition Marches Onward
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2012, 07:47:42 pm »
+2
Not true. Back in the good ole days of strat one, Templars were getting raped from multiple directions. Being our main RP opposition at the time we were all too happy to jump in from across the map and take what we could of their overwhelmed, dying nation. Was great fun. I was particularly fond of the extremely foggy peasant rape of Saramish.

CUrse you.  I was one of those poor, unarmed peasants throwing rocks at you through the fog!!!
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2012, 07:48:17 pm »
Actually we were at war with the Templar bloc before the rise of DRZ, so technically they were the backstabbing freeloaders even if they did most of the actual work. 
We were permanently at war with them from our creation, but being on the other side of the map, we didn't really fight them at all while DRZ was busy owning the ninjas, it wasn't until we had a great opportunity that we struck. Prior to that we were busy building up our glorious steppe empire (particularly glorious in Zagush).
CUrse you.  I was one of those poor, unarmed peasants throwing rocks at you through the fog!!!
Hahaha, never remembered that! Only remembered Rorky of Rose being one of them for all of these great pics.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:52:49 pm by Warcat »
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline miggy

• Earl
  • Renown: 380
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • _\|/_
  • Faction: 1%
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2012, 07:49:10 pm »
+14
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »
NA mercs?

Is that me!?!!?!?! :shock:

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2012, 08:05:20 pm »
+4

At least Fallen got the good juice :mrgreen:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2012, 08:13:44 pm »
+4
Words about not being happy with Fallen behavior
I'm now half tempted to dig through my forum messages and find that oh-so-charming PM sent to me that shows TKoV is hardly a shining example. Relations between TKoV and Fallen took a nosedive the day I was sent a PM from TKoV instructing me to inform Loki (Then the Captain of the Brigade) that TKoV would no longer house us and protect us (Despite claims that we are all in this together yadda yadda yadda and you look after your friends) as they were nervous about approaching hostile factions and felt that TKoV might be attacked if they continued to shelter Fallen. No wonder Loki scoffed and ignored that and told me "fuck 'em, we're staying and they can remove us themselves" :rolleyes:

So yes, continue to berate us on our actions in strat like you yourself never abandoned friends. How many TKoV knew that we were sent that charming message? Few Fallen have certainly forgotten that as we made sure to post that charming tidbit in our forum for all to see how TKoV was worth when the going got tough. Asking us to leave only because you were afraid of being attacked despite earlier claims of having our backs and sheltering us is a pretty shitty move yourself.

Shocking, really, why relations between us quickly went south after that and we were so slow to trust you afterwards. Yes indeed you have our back during a calm but not if a distant storm threatens to approach.  :rolleyes:  How... Noble of you...

So please, do continue to preach from your glorious pedestal, because from the Fallen perspective TKoV will abandon friends if a larger bully comes along as history and the words of your leaders have proven. Pot calling the Kettle black.

Cute.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:19:08 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2012, 08:38:27 pm »
+11
Damn. I give up. I can't keep up with this thread, too many big long posts and too much drama. I just can't keep up. You guys all win (or lose).
Matey confusedly exits the thread

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2012, 08:42:37 pm »
+1
I'm now half tempted to dig through my forum messages and find that oh-so-charming PM sent to me that shows TKoV is hardly a shining example. Relations between TKoV and Fallen took a nosedive the day I was sent a PM from TKoV instructing me to inform Loki (Then the Captain of the Brigade) that TKoV would no longer house us and protect us (Despite claims that we are all in this together yadda yadda yadda and you look after your friends) as they were nervous about approaching hostile factions and felt that TKoV might be attacked if they continued to shelter Fallen. No wonder Loki scoffed and ignored that and told me "fuck 'em, we're staying and they can remove us themselves" :rolleyes:

So yes, continue to berate us on our actions in strat like you yourself never abandoned friends. How many TKoV knew that we were sent that charming message? Few Fallen have certainly forgotten that as we made sure to post that charming tidbit in our forum for all to see how TKoV was worth when the going got tough. Asking us to leave only because you were afraid of being attacked despite earlier claims of having our backs and sheltering us is a pretty shitty move yourself.

Shocking, really, why relations between us quickly went south after that and we were so slow to trust you afterwards. Yes indeed you have our back during a calm but not if a distant storm threatens to approach.  :rolleyes:  How... Noble of you...

So please, do continue to preach from your glorious pedestal, because from the Fallen perspective TKoV will abandon friends if a larger bully comes along as history and the words of your leaders have proven. Pot calling the Kettle black.

Cute.

We would have gladly kept sheltering you if you werent such a god awful diplomat. While we were sheltering you, you felt the need to lecture me about 3 times about how to conduct diplomacy (which is hilarious coming from you) over a few BS rumors, not to mention you pissing robert off after you told him that your guys probably wouldnt merc for us because our bows were apparently beneath the mighty fallen archers. Due to your shitty diplomacy skills we constantly felt that we were gonna be attacked by our apparent "friends" in fearichen, which resulted in us wanting you gone. The fact that LLJK wanted them out of the north as well was just a bonus. We were fine with fallen when Loki was in charge, but the moment we had to start talking to you instead shit went down hill.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2012, 08:48:48 pm »
We would have gladly kept sheltering you if you werent such a god awful diplomat. While we were sheltering you, you felt the need to lecture me about 3 times about how to conduct diplomacy (which is hilarious coming from you) over a few BS rumors, not to mention you pissing robert off after you told him that your guys probably wouldnt merc for us because our bows were apparently beneath the mighty fallen archers. Due to your shitty diplomacy skills we constantly felt that we were gonna be attacked by our apparent "friends" in fearichen, which resulted in us wanting you gone. The fact that LLJK wanted them out of the north as well was just a bonus. We were fine with fallen when Loki was in charge, but the moment we had to start talking to you instead shit went down hill.
All this was AFTER you tried (and failed) to evict us. Nice try, your BS message was why I was starting to be so terse with you, it is a two-way street... Regardless we did tell Robert that a few of our archers would likely not merc because anything less then 4PD was beyond frustrating for most of us and that we would be more hindrence then help but we would still try and get our melee to sign up. That I do fully admit telling him. I started "lecturing you" after the fact, not before (You can thank Coy for posting numerous chatlogs between her and TKoV and a few others, which is the only reason why we brought up those "rumors" because of actual chatlogs which made those "rumors" seem pretty damn true. So either Coy was manufacturing logs or a few TKoV are to blame for starting those "rumors" firsthand, and at this point I don't care which is which)

Next story?

EDIT: And you were afraid of us attacking you? Really? We were so shattered at that point that you were afraid of a total of a combined few thousand men armed with mostly peasant gear scattered across numerous provinces with no actual source of income to do what to you, precisely? Add the fact that we were on NA lands and thus NA servers and were mostly EU with EU pings and this is laughable at best.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:03:58 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:30 pm »
All this was AFTER you tried (and failed) to evict us. Nice try, your BS message was why I was starting to be so terse with you, it is a two-way street... Regardless we did tell Robert that a few of our archers would likely not merc because anything less then 4PD was beyond frustrating for most of us and that we would be more hindrence then help but we would still try and get our melee to sign up. That I do fully admit telling him. I started "lecturing you" after the fact, not before (You can thank Coy for posting numerous chatlogs between her and TKoV and a few others, which is the only reason why we brought up those "rumors" because of actual chatlogs.)

Next story?

Um no, it wasnt. You were basically an ass from our first conversation to our last. From the start robert didnt want to shelter you guys, and after my first conversation with you, i was starting to agree with him. We let you guys stay for a few months, but after a few more steam chats with you, we all generally disliked fallen. You have a way of making people want to bash their head into their keyboards with your diplomacy. Its funny, because all these people were trying to tell me how fallen were such bundle of stickss, and i kept disagreeing with them. But then i actually talked to you. That changed my mind pretty quickly.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:20 pm »
My my my what twisted tales we weave... A delicious and nutritious source of NA history out in the open! Rikthor I hope you are taking plenty of notes!  :D
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
Can someone make a TL;DR version of this whole thread?  :lol:

Offline The_Slim

• Count
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_MAGIC_MISSILE LL_Slim GroundfaultCircuitInterruptr LL_DragonBallzDeep Butlerhands
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »
+1

Most posts in here seem to be just ball busting, but some seem to have actual anger behind them.  Not good, take it easy guys.

RQing this topic.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2012, 10:34:14 pm »
+6
Can someone make a TL;DR version of this whole thread?  :lol:

Sure.

Desire wants New Sargoth, Kesh doesn't response. Tanken randomly brings up scrims with NH, TKoV bringing up What fallen does in previous strats,  Garem explaining UIF build up over the history of strat. Hobb saying something witty, Warcats threating us all with his 13 shield skill and poor kittens in Revyadin.  Then Miggy posted a picture of FCC's current position on the war front. Oh and anders was curious if the "NA mercs" deer was him.

I think we can all agree the most important thing out of this whole thread is Kittens, History lessons and What desire wants which is Sargoth, just so we are clear.

Edit : Can't forget Matey, He got confused and left.  Oh I forgot the main point of the threat somewhere in that message... which is Fallen declaring war on KUTT for being evil kitten eaters.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:42:15 pm by Scilla »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:49 pm »
+1
NVM. My TL;DR request. can barely read more than 5 words in this thread  :mrgreen: